Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$125
FindHotelUS$125
TravelocityUS$125
Orbitz.comUS$125
CheapTicketsUS$125
TripadvisorUS$125
All reviews callaloo modern hotel dive shop brewed coffee good size the main street perfect location right on the beach ocean front low key sun loungers ceiling fan butterfly bar in town deefer diving daily maid service two days sandy island
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2020

Reception was very sparse, dusty, dark and bland. The bedroom was beautiful no complaints until I saw something like mice droppings on the bed spread. The thoughts instantly came out of my head as the room looked so beautiful and clean. My fiance and I went out for the evening as it was my birthday. Upon our return I saw my fiance looking in the waste paper basket in the room then under our bedroom door which has a two inch gap that leads to a balcony. He said lets go out and sit on the beach which was around 23:00hrs.
The next morning he told me that we have mice in the room he saw them jumping in and out of the waste paper basket and scurring under the gap of the bedroom door. He didn't want to tell me what he saw as he didn't want to spoil my birthday and it was too late in the night to look for another hotel for the night.
Breakfast was a rip off as we had to pay an extra fee of $30 for a non-contintental breakfast. Birds were flying in and out of the restaurant area which was annoying.
One of the receptionists from England who checked us in was laying on a deck chair drinking alcohol on the beach which was purchased for her by friends. Too be fair she may have finished her shift but it didn't look very professional.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

The Mermaid Tavern Beach Hotel is also home to a local restaurant and bar right on the beach in Hillsborough Carriacou. Wonderful place to kick back with family and/or friends, enjoy the local cuisines and have a cold drink right on the beach. The view is amazing and I could just listen to the waves all day while dining.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kayak_spice
Reviewed 5 March 2020

The island is a lovely albeit slow gem of a place. This is the best place in town, the old town, not the marina at Tyrell. It is recently renovated, the plumbing, electricity and net are good, though the staff are learning things like keys, safes, bookkeeping. Tell them, relax, wait a few minutes, and your worries melt away.

Reviewed 20 February 2020

There are very few places to stay on Carriacou, a beautiful island that's kind of off everyone's radar. So I'll give the Mermaid Beach Hotel points for being clean and modern, with larger than usual rooms and, in our case, a lovely ocean view. It's also in the center of Hillsborough, the island's main town, and has an excellent beach right out front. And there's a restaurant that serves a very good breakfast, and lunch/dinner.

However I wouldn't quite give the hotel rave reviews, as it's a bit bare bones and could use just a few more amenities. But the price is good, and it's an excellent base from which to explore this fascinating island. And a few miles' walk in either direction will take you to two of the most spectacular beaches I've ever seen: Paradise, and Petit Carenage.

Room tip: Get an ocean view room
2  Thank Bequia1
Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

I was very happy with our hotel. Perfect location right on the beach and on the edge of Hillsborough. Just a 2 to 10 minute walk to restaurants, groceries, variety store, buses etc. I was very happy we chose Hillsborough to stay in.
The Mermaid was clean, friendly and quiet. The rooms don't have private balconies but your door is just steps from a common sitting area upstairs or down. The beach chairs and towels are a plus. The breakfast choices were fantastic and made the room price very reasonable. The room only had a fridge and kettle so the breakfast included was a bonus. Daily maid service was unexpected. The attached Callaloo Restaurant was very nice, though brewed coffee would have been preferable to instant! Two days out of four we had only instant. The room lacked towel bars or hooks of any kind. There is a closet but no dresser or shelving. Not sure why. But that is my only complaint!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple