The arrival wow factor is amazing...a house in a cave! However once this has passed there are some issues.
1. Ticks and bugs...these are quite plentiful and by plentiful I mean you need to wipe the ticks out of your chair before you sit down.
2. Open hot electrical boxes. If you have smaller children, check the areas out. We had to duct tape a open hot box closed as my son was shocked.
3. Many lights do not work. The huge feature on entrance had no working lights and no way to turn these on. The upstairs master had very few lights that worked as well. The caretaker, whom was very nice, had no knowledge of how to get the smart system to work to turn on the additional lights.
4. No dvd player as advertised. Not a big deal to some but after a hot day outside the kids could not sit back and watch a movie as promoted.
5. Master bed was not usable. Water drips from the cave ceiling and the bed was soaked.
6. Extremely dirty windows. There are very few windows in the home and these were horrendously dirty. There could have been a great view from the second floor loft above the kitchen if you could have been able to see it.
7. Minimal amount of dishes. If you are a larger party (more than 8) bring your own plates, glasses, bowls, silverware, etc. or you will end up having to share with someone.
8. It is cold, not cool, cold. Bring slippers or socks as bare feet hitting the concrete floor will wake you up instantly.
9. No instructions for the home. This is the first bnb that we have stayed where there are no instructions for the home itself. If a home is ran by a smart system, these are needed.
10. Maintenance is lacking. Exterior areas of wood need re stained, deck areas needed swept off, wet towels all over the floors at arrival, cabinet doors and exterior doors all had hard times closing and opening, electrical was a big issue.
This is quite a unique place but for the price of what you pay a night I did not expect to have all of the above issues.