Easy Corner Villas(South Hill)(Great Value!)
US$182
Carimar Beach Club(West End Village)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$308
Frangipani Beach Resort(West End Village)(Great Value!)
US$1,221
US$1,169
Orbitz.com
All reviewsdogs barkhome from homedaily maid servicepalm treesbeautiful views of stfull kitchenliving roomlarge balconyapartment unitmain buildingswimming poolevery morningtracymaryunitsumbrellasbeaches
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Literally a hidden gem. You can pass the dirt road and miss it. But do not fret, once you find it you will be very happy.
Spacious, well appointed and clean rooms. Very nice pool. Balconies. Everything clean. Owners very hands on and attentive.
Quiet. I could live here and as a frequent traveler I don't say that about too many places. As Anguilla is relatively small and not much vehicular traffic, nothing is that far.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelQ6492QE
royalpalms378, Owner at Royal Palms Holiday Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Royal Palms and Anguilla awaits you yet again.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This our 5th visit to the Royal Palms and our family have been coming here for over 15 years, need I say more?!
We are always greeted by Mary and Tracy like we are family and it's a pleasure to stay here.
The apartments are always spotlessly clean and comfortable. All of the rooms are very spacious and nicely furnished and have great views. It has all you need and if you can think of something it doesn't have then I'm sure they would get it for you.
The gardens are lovely and we even had a couple of barbecues in it this year, which is a nice break from paying out for expensive lunches and dinners on the island.
We arrived minus suitcases this time and they very kindly washed our clothes and they were back to us in no time. We were very grateful.
The pool area is a great place to come back to and read a good book under an umbrella after a hot morning on the beach. We have barely ever seen people use it, so it feels like your own private pool.
With only six main units and one smaller studio apartment this place is very quiet, relaxing and tranquil and the best place to unwind. I would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Paula1207
Reviewed 19 February 2017

When reading the reviews for Royal Palms I was a little skeptical it could be so good but it is. Mary and Tracey are the perfect hosts for a beautiful inexpensive home away from home. The place must be good, as many of the guests are repeat customers. We felt very welcome and part of a new adopted family.

We stayed in the “cottage” behind the 6 apartments for two weeks at $2,100 US. It is small but more than enough space for two people. It’s very clean, well cared for and has lots of hot water. The bed is firm and we slept well. Lots of drawers, hangers and storage space. We didn’t use the air conditioner because there are lots of windows with a nice cross breeze, plus it has two overhead fans. No issues with bugs as there are new screens on the windows. There is a balcony out front and another in the rear. During the day, the rear one is cool and shaded. The unit is very private. It looks over scrub land. The bathroom is tiny, with the bonus of being able to sit on the toilet, wash your hands and take one step to shower. Very efficient. Oddly there is a professional grade hair dryer, that my wife fell in love with. There is a full small kitchen with stove, fridge, plates, pots and cutlery. The pool is beautiful as advertised. I saw inside one of the apartment units (1-2 bedrooms – you only pay for the bedrooms you use), kitchen, living room large balcony with a view to die for of Rendezvous Bay. The hotel is not on the beach but it’s a short 5 min drive to Rendezvous Bay.

There is one minor problem at the hotel. The dogs that come to visit to antagonize the two guard dogs at Fort Knox next door. Fort Knox is a large neighbouring home. The dogs bark when anyone comes up the private road. That’s not an issue for me. I felt a little sorry for them because I think they just want someone to give them some attention, but there was no way I was going to put my hand through the fence. The main issue is … Like clockwork every morning at 2-3 am a pack of five dogs visit Fort Knox. The barking commences for 30 minutes, sometimes longer. Sounds like they are fighting. I don’t know what Tracey and Mary can do about this but it is annoying. All said thought it is a minor annoyance, and won’t stop us going back for another stay.

A cautionary note if you ever stay here … Be very careful turning onto the main roadway from the hotel. It is a blind corner so you need to pull out far to see around the corner. Remember to look to the right first as you drive on the left in Anguilla. Driving during the day is fine but I prefer to cab it at night if I’m drinking. Taxis will cost you about $30-$50 a night round trip. It’s all based on zones that you can Google “Anguilla taxi rates”.

Note: if you are mobility challenged i.e have difficulty climbing stairs or use a walker, this would not be a good hotel for you, with the exception perhaps of the lowest apartment unit in the main building. There would still be a few stairs to climb but manageable.

Looking forward to our next visit in two years. Royal Palms will definitely be the place to call home in Anguilla again. I've attached a few pictures of the room and hotel. * I marked location as very good rather than excellent only because it's not on the beach.

Room Tip: Top floor in the main building is the best for the view.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank WarningU2
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Once again Tracy and Mary made us feel welcome and so at home. I have my favourite room and ask to stay in the same one every year. Royal Palms is well placed on the island. Close to everything and many great beaches and restaurants.
Clean and tidy inside and the gardens surrounding the Villas outside are Mary's pride and joy.
Already reserved for next year

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bromewood
Reviewed 31 December 2016

We were so happy to find this gem of a hotel in Anguilla, and would be glad to return. Hotels and condos in Anguilla are generally very expensive, but this one is comfortable and reasonable. We had a suite with a kitchen and two bedrooms. Everything was spotlessly clean, and we had plenty of utensils and plates to enjoy our coffee on the patio in the morning and our cheese and cracker hors dourves in the evening. The location is great for exploring the island. Anguilla is an amazing island, with pristine beaches, great snorkeling, and not a lot of people. Thought that St Maarten/St Martin was great, but Anguilla is much nicer.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple