All reviewsgreat docklake norforkgreat waterboat rentalsfishjanecondoboatswalmartblastbait
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We loved this place! We will be back! Let me first say this.. the family that owns this resort are so friendly and accommodating! I'm gonna throw this out there.. if you are hoity toity and used to the ritz.. maybe not for you, the resort kinda reminded us 1975 summer camp.. like leave it to beaver style but this was awesome. Seriously the whole atmosphere is genuine and beautiful and awesome. The cabins are very clean and well kept, the hot water and water pressure ridiculously amazing, the sheets and bed so soft! These were a few of the awesome comforts. HUGE bonus they are super dog friendly, have super affordable boat rentals and a beautiful secluded cove with a great dock to swim off.. they also have very well kept pool. The kids had a blast on the play ground and chasing chickens! We made so many great memories this weekend and the setting was so perfect. What's even more perfect was the affordability! Also they are like 12 minutes from wal-mart but also have almost anything you would need in their own little store!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We have been hauling our boats from our lake down to Norfork for a number of years. My mothers side of the family is from the mountain home area so I grew up with many found memories of the lake. Like I said we haul our boats from one lake to another lake. Sounds kinda silly when ya say it out loud. But theres a good reason for it. I've always enjoyed the reaction of our friends that we bring with us when they see the lake for the first time. We have a spoiled rotten over sized lap dog (75 pounds) that the girls wouldn't even consider leaving at home for vacation. That being said that limits our choices for resorts at the lake. From our first impression of rocking chair over the phone to the last night we settled up our running tab at the camp store was nothing short of awesome !! The store was very well stocked and pricing was impressive. We did our research before we chose rocking chair and was a little leary when reading the reviews on line. If your looking for a five star resort in northern Arkansas don't come, please. We haul our boats 6 hours for the water and the great down to earth wonderful people that call this place home. Is this place dated ? well yep, kinda but what do you expect your in the hills. These resorts are not corporate owned with unlimited funds. Resort owners do the best they can with what they have to work with and they do a great job. We found the grounds and cabins clean and maintained to a very appropriate level. The dock was in great water and well protected from the elements. The walk kinda sucks going back up from the dock but a piece of cake going down !! We cant say enough positive things about Jane and her family. They really went the extra mile to make sure that our group had a great time, especially all of our kids. We've stayed at a number of good resorts at the lake even sunk a boat at one. The clarity of the water really came in handy for diving that day !!! Were so thankful to have finally found the resort we've been looking for all these many years. Forgot to mention, perfect location on the water and close but not to close to town !!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
rockingchairmom6, Owner at Rocking Chair Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for the kind words! It was our pleasure and we look forward to seeing you all again!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We had a great time at Rocking Chair. The dock was clean and well maintained. The house we stood in was clean and fully stocked with everything you need to have a comfortable stay. The fishing was excellent. They have some new pontoon boats that you may want to consider renting.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 October 2016

My wife and I spent a week here in Cabin #10. The property is nicely secluded. The cabin was a little worn, but functional and comfortable. We love that they welcome dogs -- our dog had a great time. We also loved having David's Trail directly accessible from the resort. We hiked it every day and the best hike is to the Robinson Point Trail and out to the end of Robinson Point (about 4 or 5 miles round trip). The walk down to the lake is a little steep and long, but they've got a great dock and their rental boats (like the cabins) are well worn but functional. We found the owners to be very fair about charging for gas and boat rentals.

Room Tip: Wifi works, but it is based up by the office so you may not be able to get it in your cabin.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I always feel at home here and one of my favorite memories is playing games in cabin one! The staff is always friendly and helpful and I love coming back over and over! Definitely a place I would recommend to my friends :)

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends