“Don't expect much”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain Home
White Buffalo Resort
Reviewed 14 July 2017

They state WiFi...we had one bar and camped next to the office...could not get online for anything, could not call anyone (even through WiFi and cell phones do not work there)...worthless. They stated waterside, but it is really a drop off with a peak-a-boo of the river on uneven sites and can't fish from your site (although we were told we could when we booked).
Travel Trailer barely fit and we had to put it sideways, so couldn't leave truck there.
6PM, remember that if you stay. The office closes, the pool closes..half the time no one was even in the office (leave your money on the counter).
Was told they shuttle to float anytime you want when we booked. Found out the last shuttle is 11AM and can't even rent anything after that time. Had to go to another site and rent canoes.
As another stated, this is NOT a resort. It is a small, crowded, uneven, campsite that could be so much better it is sickening.
My suggestion to you is to book elsewhere.

My suggestion to them; concrete slabs, install sewage hookups, get better WiFi (regardless of people saying it is nice to get away, some still need to check in at times), and 6PM is ridiculous for closing a pool in the summer.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlis B
John_Olwell, Owner at White Buffalo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Years ago traveling across country in our motor home, we were forced to spend a night in a Walmart parking lot. There was a good internet connection, good cell phone signal, and it was flat with no pesky trees in the way. I think it is unfortunate that in your quest for something you can get at Walmart, you missed some of the most beautiful scenery in Arkansas.
Thank You for your suggestions, but we have long ago decided against “concrete slabs”. We prefer the setting that God provided, and thankfully so do many people who frequent our campground. I am sorry that you do not appreciate all the things our property does offer.
BTW: It is true that the pool and office close at 6PM. Because we are in a river valley, there is spotty cell phone reception at best, and our WI-FI is limited, particularly on crowded holiday weekends. We do offer sewage hook ups, and once they’re all rented we have water and electric sites available. We offer canoe trips on the White River at 8AM and 11AM. If you show up late for our shuttles, we will be happy to recommend other things in the area for you to do. Our campground is riverfront on the pristine White River; but due to the nature of rivers that rise and fall, they are on a rise approx 20 ‘ above the water, however there are several convenient spots to bank fish and play in the water if you choose.
Please check our website and Facebook page to see what our resort is all about; we are confident we have what most people are looking for.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here prior to the 4th of July in our class A motorhome and moved to a state park asap. We were next to the mini Cabo's under a huge tree. There was "no service" on our phones accept when we left the area in our car. The pool was locked up at 7 ish which we commented was early for the kids but thought great no noise as we were directly across from it. We had no plans on using it. We play cards or games in the coach till late .... our daughter complained each night that the cabin peeps were out on their porches talking / partying very loudly past midnight except when it down poured one night. She rarely has trouble falling asleep or staying asleep.
The bath house showers were GROSS ! The hot and cold levers were 40 plus years old and jiggly coming out of the block walls. I couldn't tell which was hot or cold as the temperature was questionably different cold or extremely cold the shower head was a hand held which was probably 30 years old. The floor was disgusting; the drainage ... yuk. The fan in the bathroom kept it cool a bit . The door into the bathroom would slam shut ..no spring. I felt like I was at a bad summer camp ! We went to the boat dock on our first day to check things out the ramp was full of spiders an unswept only allowing one person at a time access which was extremely steep. The rental boats were nasty. My husband who usually is not demanding said he did not want to use their equipment or float service as we should wait for a better company to use! We would use our car to leave this "resort" ...oh did I mention the dump station on the edge of the field with a area of 6*6 with open access only having metal post and two cross bars around it. When we came back one day the families who had rented out the Cabins were out on the edge with there lawn chairs .... did they even know they were 10 feet from the dump station? Yuk!!! I could not find one amenity which made this a "resort". We were the only class A motor coach there. Don't let the name fool you!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Marija L
Reviewed 4 April 2017

I had no idea what to expect since I have never been to Arkansas but I had a trusted friend who made our reservations so I was in for the adventure. When we arrived at White Buffalo it was very late so I had no idea of the beauty that would greet me in the morning. We were lucky enough to stay in the "Creel" cabin and it is AMAZING!. Every detail has been thought out and the decorations are so perfect. The beds are comfortable and the cabin had so much room. We felt like we were at a 5 star resort and not a camp ground! We awoke to gorgeous weather and a nip in the air. We met our host and hostess that morning and John and Eileen are the BEST. They went out of their way to make our stay extra special and when I left I felt like I had made two new friends. I also wanted to take their dog, Shade, home with me but that is a whole different story! The river is captivating and everyone you meet their is warm and friendly. I couldn't get enough of the incredible scenery and location. I would strongly recommend that you stay at the White Buffalo Resort if you ever get the chance. I am sure that John and Eileen will take great care of you, too. Be sure to love on Shade and tell her I said "hi"!

Room Tip: All of the cabins have fantastic views so you can never go wrong!