All reviewsice machinefront deskin house restaurantan older hotelwe ate breakfasta nice place to staydefinitely stay here againrestaurant attachedone night stayroom was cleantimcookhousecamillaretrointernetratesaccommodations
Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is an old Holiday Inn property (I believe) and is in the process of being renovated. The young man who checked us in said the owner wants to make it 'retro' and there is a neat picture of the hotel from about the 50's at the front desk. I can see this vision and wish them the best of luck! As for now, the room we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. It is on the western end of town and very quiet. The restaurant was reportedly very good but only open until 2pm (at the time we were there). A suggestion would be a hook for clothes in the bathroom. The toilet has no seat and there is no hook for clothes, so nowhere to put your 'stuff' when showering. Overall very satisfied and would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia H
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Nice and peacefull and friendly staff would stay again with out a doubt :) restaurant has GREAT food and the prices are down to earth, heat worked great ,NO bugs and clean , located near everything . :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank steve K
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the river rock in . I'm very pleased with the room very clean, and the service that you guys have provided was amazing. I will definitely be coming back to stay again sometime.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
theriverrockhotel, Front Office Manager at The River Rock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thanks Chris! We try hard every single day to impress you and all of our guests!

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at River Rock Inn recently and had a very pleasant stay!
I originally checked in for 1 evening only and it was late at night. I had read positive reviews and all had mentioned cleanliness which can be an issue with lower priced motels at times. I decided to book one night and see how it was.
I booked the room through their website last minute at around 8:30 pm and arrived about an hour later. I noticed on their website it clearly states check is until 10 pm, after which there may not be anyone available at the front desk. I had no problems at check in whatsoever. I was kindly greeted by Mark who was very nice and made check in easy. He clearly explained where my room was located and made conversation while he completed his paperwork.
When I arrived at the room everything was in order and I was very happy that the room was well kept and very clean. The only thing I would suggest to the staff may be to have extra/warmer blankets ready in room during cold winter months. That being said, I'm also not used to 16°weather where I live. :)
In the morning I decided I would extend my stay at the River Rock for the length of my stay in town. I had no complaints and all was well given the affordability of the room. Luckily they could accommodate me and Mark made that easy as well. He was again at the desk first thing in the morning.
I had lots of work to get done so I decided to give their restaurant/cafe a try. I was happily greeted by the wait staff who was very attentive. I was pleasantly surprised when management paid for my breakfast as a thank you for extending my stay. Can't beat that!
The remainder of my stay I had 2 small children with me visiting for breakfasts and staying the rest of my stay with me. The wait staff were too kind and made a special Mickey Mouse shaped pancake for my little niece at her request, even though they were busy. The staff were very pleasant and patient as sometimes dining with small children can be challenging.
The maid service also left the kids a surprise in the room and tucked in their stuffed animals and baby doll in their own little blankets on the beds. This was a great touch and really made the kids day. They kept talking about how nice it was of "that man" (Mark) to do that for their animals.
I will definitely be staying here again. Thank you to ball the staff that made our stay so nice.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Daydream260071
Reviewed 16 December 2017

We checked into the River Rock and were greeted by Tim who filled us in on the area and answered all our questions. The room is simple but at an unbeatable price. You get all you need - a comfortable bed, climate control, clean room and full bathroom, clean towels. The internet is spotty if you have one of the outside rooms but they are working on getting better coverage for the WiFi on the property so it may not be an issue by the time someone reads this. We ate breakfast at the restaurant and it was wonderful. I have food allergies and intolerances and the staff bent over backwards to make sure I left full and satisfied. Mountain Home/Bull Shoals/Lakeview are the friendliest towns I have ever visited and this hotel is a perfect example of the area's hospitality. They are trying to make it even better so we are looking forward to coming back to the area and enjoying another visit. Don't miss out on this hidden gem!

Room Tip: Best internet is in the inside rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H
Scott S, Manager at The River Rock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Thank You Linda! We try everyday to make every guest as happy as you!