“What a gem”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2020

We had booked a table for two here at the end of a short holiday in Suffolk before our return home to Bedfordshire.
The food, service and ambience here were all excellent. We felt perfectly safe and all Covid regulations were adhered to.

The menu is far above your usual "pub fayre" and offered many tempting meals.
My husband chose the scallops followed by the lamb shoulder followed by brioche marmalade bread and butter pudding and thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful.
As a vegetarian, I chose the harissa hummus with warm pitta bread, which I didn't want to end as it was so wonderfully tasty. This was followed by the leek and celeriac tartefine with balsamic dressing and new potatoes. Oh boy was it good. I can honestly say it was the best vegetarian meal I have eaten in a long time.

During these current difficult times, please support this local hostelry and keep it going. Their hard work should be appreciated by locals and visitors alike.

Great place.

Date of visit: September 2020
Write a reviewReviews (359)

Reviewed 28 September 2020

Despite the inevitable barriers put up by face masks and visors the staff did all they could to make us welcome - and indeed just to be normal! The food was very good indeed. One way I sometimes choose in a restaurant is to eliminate various things that I know I don't want - here I couldn't eliminate anything! Good atmosphere, temperature, parking, loos. Resonably priced too.

Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

Had a delicious lunch in this quaint village pub. Liked that the menu offered more unusual choices and the specials board offered further choice. Very friendly and efficient staff - felt very safe.

Reviewed 25 September 2020

Spent the day here for a petanque competition and found the staff to be very friendly and had a lovely lunch, so returned next evening for dinner.Due to covid restrictions there is a limit to the number of people allowed in the bar at anyone time but the food is wonderful and I would recommend a visit

Reviewed 23 September 2020

Great roast beef lunch followed by super cheese board for me and poached pears for my husband. Staff worked tirelessly during these difficult times. Felt covid secure system worked well.

1  Thank BeckiP49