“Lunchtime staple!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2019

I love this place and frequent it a couple of lunchtimes a week.
In a stressful job, this little place gives me an opportunity to fill up and rest up in my precious hour out of the office.
The service is friendly and professional. I love that they know what drink i'll be ordering as soon as I walk through the door - (I'll choose to see that as exceptional customer service rather than looking inwardly at my drinking habits!)
You walk in to the same friendly faces most days of the week which feels exceptionally welcoming.
The food is great with some of my favourites being the sausage and mash, ham, egg & chips and I had the smoked haddock with risotto and egg on Friday, which was delightful.
I'd thoroughly recommend this place - especially in the winter when the fire is on and there's a couple of friendly dogs around.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a reviewReviews (366)

Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

Visited with a large family group. Service was slick, polite and professional. Some places can feel a bit more "catering" style when a small kitchen has a lot of mouths to feed, but that was certainly not the case here. Not a single quibble from anyone, would heartily recommend.

Reviewed 2 January 2019

No, I'm not a vegan, but when the pub ran out of milk (not beer) I was offered a frothy soya cappuccino - which actually was rather nice. So too was the food as we had a family lunch here over the Christmas holiday.

I've been visiting the Parrot for more than 45 years. Not regularly, as now I live in Norfolk so it's no longer nearby.

Rather like a fine wine, I think the place has got better over the years. Go on, give it a try!

Reviewed 27 December 2018 via mobile

We had booked a table for 4 plus Sid the Labrador. However on arrival where told they weren’t expecting a dog so we couldn’t use the restaurant area! However the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. They moved a few people and tables around and we were able to have a very enjoyable meal.
The food was very good and reasonably priced. We will return but will ensure they are expecting us to bring the dog too!
It’s worth noting that the pub is dog friendly but they are only allowed in the bar and not the restaurant area.
The staff are great and the locals are quite friendly too!

Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

Loving the new steak menu. Delicious sirloin cooked to perfection. Now with mushrooms and watercress salad. For me the perfect companions to the best streak around. The smokey flavour is amazing and my partners venison burger was outstanding.