“Review #3 - Vegan option on daily menu!”

The Parrot and Punchbowl
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Aldringham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2018

Alan the chef now prepares a vegan option on the daily specials menu, last night it was chickpea cake with turmeric roasted cauliflower (see image). It was a popular dish enjoyed by vegetarians too!
Lovely to see this welcoming team embrace the changes of the world.

1  Thank happyheather1
Write a reviewReviews (366)

Reviewed 19 November 2018

Great atmosphere...Excellent staff...James, Theo & Zak Could not do enough for us... ..Could not have been more helpful... My father is disabled and the measure`s applied to help were superb "Thank you " James... The service and food were perfect as we had not seen Mum & Dad for a long time.

Reviewed 19 November 2018

Returned to this pub/restaurant after not having visited for a couple of years and the food and service was even better than I remembered. The steaks are cooked to perfection and the quality of the meat is second to none. Must admit when we arrived and were greeted by 3 or 4 young lads I was not sure what the service was going to be like but it could not be faulted even when one tripped bringing in our coffees and spilled them on an adjoining table which he and one of his colleagues quickly cleaned up and replacement coffees were served.. I will definitely return when next in Suffolk.

Reviewed 18 November 2018

The fish was cooked to perfection, the veg was cooked to complement the taste of the seabream, the portion side was just right, my husband had fillet steak and it was cooked exactly how he likes it, he also added winter coleslaw as a side and it complemented his meal.

I had "Death by Chocolate" for pudding and the description on the menu does it no justice, I would have eaten 2 if I could have!!!

Definately worth a visit, the chef Al, is fabulous and a credit to the Parrott as are the other staff.

Reviewed 17 November 2018

Local pup with excellent landlord. Held our pre wedding family meal for 14 here. good choice from an extensive fixed menu, lovely food and went out of the way to make it a special event. Sunday roast is good too.

Date of visit: April 2018