Hotel Dreams De La Patagonia
TripAdvisor
El Reloj Hotel(Coyhaique)
TripAdvisor
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskhotel restaurantindoor poolexcellent hotelcarretera australstayed herechillisaunaaikensuiteluxurypillowssouthshowerhikingcomfortairport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Se stayed here for the last 2 nights of our honeymoon and it was magical. Not only did they upgrade us to a two storey suite, but they also gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne to enjoy one evening. The room was enormous, with a beautiful bathroom with hot tub included and lovely products. The view from our room was to die for - green plains, snow capped mountains and blue skies. I'd definitely go back there.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Amazing service, beautiful rooms, and a delicious complementary breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable and centrally located stay in the beautiful town of Cohyaique.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2017

A beautiful place to stay, unexpected luxurious rooms. Really helpful and friendly staff and good restaurant. Rooms are very quiet and seem new. There’s plenty of space even in the bathroom and small features like hooks and mirror at the end of the shower made a big difference to comfort. Rooms are also well serviced.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Stayed here at beginning and end of a hiking trip in the region. This hotel is fantastic. Very clean, modern, nicely appointed. Fabulous views, friendly and helpful staff. Very restful. Highly recommend!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2017

I recently spent a total of 5 nights in 2 visits here in November on my way to and back from hiking in Parque Patagonia well south of here with a commercial group from Wilderness Travel. This hotel was our staging site for travel down to the Parque via the Carretera Austral, a fabulous drive in its own right.

The hotel is modern in both design and function, more like a higher end business hotel. I was in 2 different rooms - 2 nights in 212 on the front end, then 3 nights in 302 a week later. Both rooms were spacious and very comfortable.

On the front side of the hotel you will get a city view. On the back side you will get a view toward the Simpson River but not actually see the river itself as it flows well below the city. You see mostly the parking lot on the back side, but I think it is quieter here.

I took all of my meals in the hotel restaurant, Aiken, on the 3rd floor. Not very adventurous, I know, but the restaurant was quite good and the English speaking manager was very helpful to me with information.

I walked around town a lot and never felt unsafe here. The town even has Patagonia and North Face stores on the Plaza just a few blocks from the hotel.

The hotel has an indoor pool, sauna and an attached casino, none of which I used. The WiFi works well here.

The closest airport is Balmaceda (BBA) some 35 miles (56km) away and I was a bit concerned about transportation to Coyfaique and Hotel Dreams on my own as I don’t speak Spanish. I needn’t have been as there are numerous options at BBA, from rental cars to taxis and ride share vans. There are lots of van drivers vying for your business in the baggage claim area just outside it when flights come in. My ride share only cost 5,000 CLP (about US$6) but I purchased it inside the baggage claim area. It took me to the front door of Hotel Dreams. Outside of baggage claim I saw van drivers with signs for half that amount.

If in the area again, and I may be, I would stay here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends