All reviews hotel restaurant indoor pool excellent hotel carretera austral sauna suite aiken south airport shower town patagonia
Reviewed 1 December 2017

I recently spent a total of 5 nights in 2 visits here in November on my way to and back from hiking in Parque Patagonia well south of here with a commercial group from Wilderness Travel. This hotel was our staging site for travel down to the Parque via the Carretera Austral, a fabulous drive in its own right.

The hotel is modern in both design and function, more like a higher end business hotel. I was in 2 different rooms - 2 nights in 212 on the front end, then 3 nights in 302 a week later. Both rooms were spacious and very comfortable.

On the front side of the hotel you will get a city view. On the back side you will get a view toward the Simpson River but not actually see the river itself as it flows well below the city. You see mostly the parking lot on the back side, but I think it is quieter here.

I took all of my meals in the hotel restaurant, Aiken, on the 3rd floor. Not very adventurous, I know, but the restaurant was quite good and the English speaking manager was very helpful to me with information.

I walked around town a lot and never felt unsafe here. The town even has Patagonia and North Face stores on the Plaza just a few blocks from the hotel.

The hotel has an indoor pool, sauna and an attached casino, none of which I used. The WiFi works well here.

The closest airport is Balmaceda (BBA) some 35 miles (56km) away and I was a bit concerned about transportation to Coyfaique and Hotel Dreams on my own as I don’t speak Spanish. I needn’t have been as there are numerous options at BBA, from rental cars to taxis and ride share vans. There are lots of van drivers vying for your business in the baggage claim area just outside it when flights come in. My ride share only cost 5,000 CLP (about US$6) but I purchased it inside the baggage claim area. It took me to the front door of Hotel Dreams. Outside of baggage claim I saw van drivers with signs for half that amount.

If in the area again, and I may be, I would stay here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Modern, clean hotel with in-house restaurant. Very helpful front desk staff recommended a couple great local eats. Heated indoor pool and sauna was great fun after staying in much less equipped hotels in Southern Patagonia.

Room Tip: Higher floors have city views
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very good. Everything works. Staff are nuce and atentive. Rooms spacious and comfortable. And the hotel interiror is original and very well decorated. Located very near Coyhaiques main square it is a very attractive stop while travelling the carretera austral.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2017

The hotel Dreams is very large and has good rooms which are alike all those large hotels. The beds are comfortable and the shower as well. The rooms is quite large and you have a nice view.
The restaurant is not so good. We had breakfast here and dinner. Breakfast was average. The number of items on the dinner menu were limited. The chicken and steak were nice but not very special.
The service was good but someaht impersonal.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2017

We have been at this hotel many times since my husband loves fly fishing. While he fishes I enjoy the spa, the sauna and the heated swimming pool. A stroll in the city is great too. I enjoy the small craft market. Rooms at the hotel are very comfortables and breakfast is very good with a great selection of food

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple