All reviewschef jiwacourse dinnerour honeymoongili islandsgili airhermes toiletriesdaily shuttleboutique hotelheaven on earthprivate boatthe resort managerapple tvmoment you arriveprivate dinnerspa treatmentscold towelsinfinity pool
Reviewed 23 January 2017

My wife and I had a marvelous stay at the Lombok Lodge in mid December 2016. Mr Mangsur were extremely attentive to our needs and his team were always there when needed. As we were there for a special occasion, they were kind enough to prepare a beautiful candlelight dinner by the ocean with fireworks!
This was our first time to Lombok and Lombok Lodge definitely gave us a reason to go back!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andry L
BenOlaerts, Owner at The Lombok Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Andry L,
Dear Mr. L.,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, and even more for having chosen The Lombok Lodge to celebrate your recent special occasion! I am glad to know you and your wife enjoyed a marvellous stay and that you experienced the concept of The Lombok Lodge as the true definition of a boutique hotel.

Happy to know that The Lombok Lodge gave you one more good reason to return to beautiful and charming Lombok. We look forward to warmly welcoming you back to our beautiful island.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

If you are looking at a special get away, being spoilt and staying at a truly remarkable and intimate resort then look no further as The Lombok Lodge is for you.
From the moment you arrive Mangsur Y Wayan
(Resort Manager) and his staff will ensure you are treated impeccably.
The resort itself is beautiful and the attention to detail incredible and so very refreshing.
On arrival the benchmark is set ... we were greeted by the resort's entire staff, given cool frangipani scented hand towels, tea and presented with frangipani leis. Check-in was then conducted in our room which is a nice touch.
The rooms themselves are beautiful and the open shower was a nice treat. The rooms are cleaned twice daily and the cards left each afternoon on the bed detailing the next day's activities, meals, weather are a really nice touch, as are the proverb cards. The hotel's signature flower is the frangipani so you will be treated with these on your bed and around the room and even in your towels each day.
Service is impeccable and the staff are hospitable and will always greet you with a smile and will refer to you by your first name which is such an amazing touch. Nothing is a bother or an inconvenience.
The meals prepared by Chef I Wayan Jiwa Raga are first class and the dinner menu changes each evening. We had a special treat of dining on the pier on our first evening, which was extremely romantic. There were frangipani flowers scattered on the pier and candles lit the entire way to our table.
Be sure to treat yourself to a massage in the day spa. You won't regret it!!
Everything about this resort is flawless and
we would highly recommend The Lombok Lodge and would like to thank Mangsur Y Wayan and his staff for an unforgettable stay and for making our time at the resort so special and memorable.
All the extra touches are what makes this resort one which will not disappoint.
Absolute paradise and a must!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaniZanet

Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing feedback about your recent stay with us at The Lombok Lodge!

It’s an honour to read your praise and detailed comments about the facilities, the services of our team and Chef Jiwa’s food. It is so heartwarming to read how special your stay was with us, and to know that our team was able to make your stay an unforgettable one for you.

Trust that I will personally forward your kind words to Pak Mangsur, Chef Jiwa and the entire team. Thank you for your warm recommendations!

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Everything surpassed my expectation, and I have no qualm to say that The Lombok Lodge made me and my wife felt like a royal couple throughout our short stay last weekend.

I was looking for a peaceful, quiet, and beautiful place to celebrate my wife 30th birthday, as well as a short weekend escape at the end of her 2nd trimester. I told myself this have to be our quality couple time together, a trip less than 3 hours flight time anywhere from Singapore so that she is not stretched to exhaustion before our 1st new born arrives in early April that could deprive us of good sleep for nights. No big cities or metropolis visit for sure. As my wife and I had been to Phuket, Bali, Langkawi & some other nearby islands, Lombok came into picture as a good idyllic retreat since we haven’t been there. Furthermore, SilkAir having direct flight from Singapore makes it easier for my pregnant wife to travel. Reading raved online reviews of The Lombok Lodge, I decided to give it a try and have absolutely no regret thereafter.

From clearing doubts to customizing a babymoon package, the hotel reservation manager Mr. Yudi’s prompt response & attention to details further confirmed that the Lombok Lodge is the place to be for an unforgettable experience.

Airport pick-up was smooth without a hiccup in a luxury 4 wheel-drive Toyota Fortuner that came equipped with strong WiFi, cold towels, bottled water & even an iPod to choose your own selection of songs to play. The driver, Pak Manjar had been informed that my wife might need frequent toilet break due to her growing bump & slowdown whenever maneuvering a winding uphill/downhill turn. After a 1.5 hours of uneventful drive with few stops of picture taking opportunities overlooking the Setangi & Malimbu cliff area, we arrived at the Lombok Lodge welcomed by the hotel G.M. Mr. Mangsur & a group of staff (OMG – counted more than 6) standing ready to greet us. My eyes were fixed for a moment looking at the 4 plaques seen on the entrance wall – Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice 2013-2016! This is it! The friendly welcoming entourage reminded me of The Coco’s Bodu Hithi Resort, Maldives that we went exactly a year ago.

Immediately we were served with welcome drink & cold refreshing towel, and escorted to our suite – Lodge Dua for in-room check-in (without knowing our luggage had been nicely haul-in already). We were given in depth description of in-room facilities & wonderful high-end gadgets in the room (Bose sound system, an iPad that streams movies & songs to Apple TV, a Nespresso machine & etc). Opening the bathroom my wife saw the bath tub already full of Frangipani flowers floating on warm water, with candles light-up everywhere, and the Bose sound system playing ear-soothing spa music. She was beaming with joys (without knowing this is the romantic butler-drawn ’Lulla-Baby’ bath ritual setup), and discovered the Hermes collection of toiletries made her even more delighted. Everywhere in the room, on the desk, sofa couch, bed & etc. had the scented Frangipani flowers. A moment later the Lodge staff came-in with a canapé tray & ice-cold waters - another set of welcome gift. My wife was totally blown away, and she started questioning me ‘This does NOT come cheap, right?’ I brushed off the topic while she enjoyed the tapas.

We ordered in-room lunch (the Lodge juicy signature burger & sambal prawn rice set) using the iPad that came equipped with the Lodge APPS. Lunch arrived on time, and the staff did the setting a-la airline business class serving arrangement. Our lunch came with a complimentary piping hot homemade mixed grains bun, served with fresh green pesto & tomatoes herbs dips. We truly enjoyed the foods as they were lovely, amazingly fresh & delicious.

As we spent times cam-whoring later, we saw the beach staff started to setup pool-side romantic under-the-star dining tables. I was pre-informed by Mr. Nyoman, one of the butlers that brought us lunch earlier that there would be fireworks for my wife’s birthday celebration later, for which I was thrilled to hear & really excited. Certainly, this would be the highlight of our babymoon trip.

However the sky turned dark around 6pm & it poured cats & dogs minutes later. We saw the hotel staff rushing to cover-up all the dinning setup, as well as all white cushions on the beach & pool lounge chairs, outdoor bistro seat cushions & terrace cushions in each lodge. We were at the jetty when it was about to rain. It was about during this time also my right leg was stung by a small bee, and I felt immediate numbness at my knee area. While standing at the jetty front, staff Hilu bought us umbrellas & he went to prepare a local medicine ointment for me to apply when I got back to our lodge. The bee sting left a mark even when I left The Lombok Lodge two days later, but it reminded me of how attentive the staff at the Lombok Lodge was.
The sudden downpour continued into late night on Friday evening. So we had no choice but to dine at the Flavor Restaurant. This did not dampen our spirit as each of the 5-course fine dining dishes were superbly executed in its finest form. While I thought there would be no more fireworks since the rain persisted throughout after dinner, the hotel staff did proceed to blast it out, together with Chef Jiwa Raga presenting the complimentary cake. A live singing band with guitar & drum, as well as other restaurant staff all came to sing birthday song to my wife. My wife shed a tear or two while doing hand shake with each & every one of the staff. We never felt like being treated so well in any restaurant or luxury hotel/resort before. Truly amazed with the topnotch hospitality.

I had arranged for a pregnancy yoga the next day at 6.30am on the jetty, and the external consigned trainer were already there together with yoga map, towel & bottled water nicely arranged by the staff. Breakfast by the Bistro overlooking the ocean was very nice with a wide range of a la carte options that served with 1 platter of assorted fresh cut fruits, a smoothie/fruit juice, gourmet coffee/tea, 2 basket of warm cereal & Danish breads, including the famous buttery fluffy house-made croissants. We enjoyed the breakfast moments every day, just like we did for the sumptuous dinner every night. Sometimes, I was told there would be a singing band serenading dinners under the stars with ‘unplugged’ jazz/pop-songs, but we didn’t have the opportunity to witness or experience that while we were there.

Included in the babymoon package were 1 session of Shiseido facial for my wife & a couple massage. My wife did the pregnancy massage while I opted for the Balinese massage. My wife told me her facial was excellent, while I enjoyed one of the best massages I had in my lifetime with extra focus on my shoulder area, by Ms. Niok. Guests are advised to pre-book earlier to avoid disappointment due to high demand of the spa services.

On the 2nd night at the Lombok Lodge, the staff setup a magical & romantic dinner at the jetty for us, adorned with bamboo poles came with paper lanterns, lots of candles & Frangipani flowers. This was truly a huge surprise, complimentary from the hotel and their efforts totally impressed us. Despite the occasional very mild drizzles (due to current raining season), we were in high spirit to continue our 5-course fine dining till the last cuisine served up. We really enjoyed the Thai foods served that night, under full moon afar from Mt. Rinjani.

Every day our luxury lodge suite is serviced & cleaned twice, including thoughtful turndown services & a ‘Tomorrow’s Happenings’ card with suggestions for activities. A complimentary insect repellent spray is provided but we never used it as it’s not necessary. During our stay, we spent times at night watching blockbuster movies on the Apple TV or cuddling on bed. This babymoon trip was meant to be a relaxing trip, so we didn’t even bother to take the complimentary shuttle service to the nearby Gili Air Island (my wife might not be able to take the bumpy boat ride). We were offered a round trip transfer instead to Sire Beach nearby the Lombok Lodge, but we didn’t manage to go.

I did try out the well-equipped gym, with full range of weights & cardio equipment from the latest LifeFitness series. My wife went together with me to do some stretching on a rainy day morning. The gym also has a Bose stereo system to play music from an iPod.

We were privileged enough stay in our room on the day of departure till 4pm. Room service was even rendered in the morning on the day of departure. Such kind gesture from the management & the level of excellent service are hard to find these days even in some of the world’s most luxury boutique hotels.

Went it came to bid farewell, we were again transferred by the luxury 4-wheel drive SUV to the airport. Mr. Yudi even presented us a box of house-made Madeleine & a birthday gift to my wife. Checkout was speedy & we were given a special house-blended mixed juice before leaving. The entire staff that took care of us, including the masseurs from the spa, line-up to bid farewell. This farewell is like parting with family members, hard to describe my feeling.

Indeed, a truly blissful & unforgettable babymoon trip. Thumbs-up to the Lombok Lodge team!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bryanoyy
BenOlaerts, Owner at The Lombok Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear Bryanoyy,
Dear Mr. and Mrs. O.,

Thank you for your kind words and very detailed review here on the TripAdvisor platform after your recent Babymoon & Celebration weekend at The Lombok Lodge.

I am so delighted to read that the charming efforts of the team totally impressed you and your wife. Thank you for your ‘Thumbs-up’ and for sharing your lovely pictures!

Dear Mr. and Mrs. O.,
We all look forward to pampering you with excellence once again on your next visit and we can’t wait to welcome you and your wife back in the near future, together with your little one.

In the meantime, wishing you joy and happiness, and plenty of wonderful moments together with your newborn baby.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Lombok Lodge means perfection!
My family and I stayed for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years and the team went out of their way to create an unforgettable experience for us three. The interior and exterior are absolutely beautiful and tranquil. The food is extremely high quality and super delicious. The staff are super attentive, each and everyone. If you're on the island do yourself a favour and stay here.

Thank you so much!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Dear Gurdev G,
Dear Mr. G. and Mrs. A.,

It was such a pleasure having you at The Lombok Lodge for Christmas and New Year!
I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable family stay and were so satisfied with Pak Jiwa’s food, the attentive service of our team and the design of The Lombok Lodge.

I really appreciate The Lombok Lodge was much more for you than a resort and your warm recommendation of The Lodge to future travellers planning a visit to beautiful Lombok. Thank you for taking time to share your opinion.

Dear Mr. G. and Mrs. A.,
I sincerely hope to welcome you and your lovely family back to The Lombok Lodge soon!
Until then, best wishes from all of us!

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

From the moment you touch down to the moment you leave Lombok, you know you are in good hands. Service is top notch. Villa is comfortable and clean. And they added wonderful touches to make you feel welcome. We had welcome drinks and light tapas, daily afternoon teas, and also beach bags to put your stuff when you head to Gill Air. Book your massage way in advance. Everyone loves the massage that it's quite fully booked. My husband and I had such relaxing massage. We wanted more but there was no availability. One thing you must do is to catch the sunrise. The views were spectacular!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple