14,193 results
All reviews preferred club carnival buffet bluewater grill entertainment team preferred pool big daddy antonio banderas preferred status moments bar preferred area spice restaurant preferred room punta cana tropical view bruno mars scooby doo fire show
Reviewed 14 December 2014 via mobile

We arrived for a wedding with 2 young kids after a long day of travelling. Check-in was pretty painless and only a little slow because a couple buses showed up together.

We are mostly at the buffet as we had young kids but I was never hungry. There was lots of options and our kids always had something. The food was getting boring but that was only because we only got to one restraunt with the kids and all.

We had the regular rooms with the tropical view in main resort area (gardenview rooms are a 2 minute golf cart shuttle to the main resort area so beware of that when booking) and the rooms were very clean and exactly as expected

Entertainment seemed very good, everybody seemed to be having fun but I can't comment on the late shows because of the kids.

Anyways the BEST part of the resort is the staff! I have never seen a happier group of staff in my 6 AI trips. They always were making my kids laugh and smile, I can't honestly say one bad thing about them. They are truly the best and the people in charge should be proud.

Only 2 minor complaints from me. The preffered section included to much of the resort for my liking. At the previous now resort in Mexico we stayed the preffered area was contained to one area of the resort. On this resort the beach buffet was for preffered members only and there was a pool in the middle of the resort also for preffered only. Also on some nights we needed a high chair and they were all being used. Sometimes we got one and went to dish up and our high chair was gone when we came back. More high chairs would be good.

Overall a very nice medium sized resort.

Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank Stan626
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2014

Dear Stan626
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay in our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacations at Now Larimar Punta Cana; and on your behalf we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
Critics like yours, allow us to see the hotel from the point of view of the customer, and see through your eyes as you lived your holiday also you help us to improve the service that is why we are taking note about your kind suggestions.
On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays
Warm regards, and have an excellent Christmas.

Reviewed 14 December 2014

my wife and i just got back from punta cana, we stayed at the now larimar resort,we went to many places before but this resort is the best for us. the staff is exellent,the resort is beautiful. the food exellent, we went to the french restaurant, great food , great service, we had a room on the main floor on the garden view site,great if you like quiet, there was a jacuzi tub on our patio, and the swimming pool just in front.the room was very clean, the housekeeper changed the towells every days and the fridge was always full with beer, coke , fanta and bottles of water, pedrito the waiter at kpers restaurant was very good and friendly. we had a great ime and we will go back again. the excursion to saona island is worth the money. i am going back again in aptil by myself. pease ignore the bad reviews, that resort is fabulous.

Room Tip: if you want quiet, ask for the garden view.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2014

Overall a great hotel for family and friends. The rooms are pretty nice (much larger than I expected). We stayed in a Deluxe Room with partial ocean view. There are balconies outside of each room which add a nice addition to the room. We had two double beds and had to bring in a crib for our two year old, but there was still plenty of room. The one negative about the rooms is that the walls are thin so it is easy to hear people in other rooms if they are being loud. We had a group of twenty-some year olds partying in the room next to us for several nights and we could literally hear everything that was going on when they were out on their balcony. We even had to call down to the concierge/front desk to complain.

The staff is excellent. We have been to several all inclusives over the past five years and I don't think I have ever come across a more friendly staff. The NOW Entertainment Team is incredible. They are great with the kids and put on shows throughout the day and into the night. Our favorites were Charlie Brown, Scooby Doo and JC.

The food is average. This resort may have had the worst food compared to the other all inclusives we have stayed at in the past five years. There were certain meals/dishes that were good, but the food overall left something to be desired. The best restaurants were Hibachi and the Italian. The buffet was okay at best. Our favorite servers at the buffet (which is where you have breakfast every morning) were David and Juan.

The pools and beach were what you would expect of an all inclusive in Punta Cana. The grounds are well maintained. The gym has free weights and cardio machines (treadmills, elipticals, and stationary bikes), so you can definitely get a decent workout in if desired.

Overall it was a fun family vacation. We would recommend this resort.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathan H

Dear Nathan H
Greetings from Bavaro!
Many thanks for choosing to stay at our resort.
Let me assure you that we have taken your feedback about our rooms and food very sincerely and will not leave anything to better our services and live up to the esteemed expectations of our most valued patrons, such as you, on your future visits.
We are deeply sorry about the bad experience with the food choices you found during your stay; we are working very hard to improve them, and as per our different customer satisfaction surveys, this is a point that we are achieving step by step, though it is very hard for us realizing that we are still too far to meet your expectations. Food, as you may know, is the most difficult chapter in the Hospitality Industry, as you may find as many opinions as guest you may host, but for all of us, satisfaction of each palate is the main goal, and you can believe we are not going to give up on it.

Again, we do value your comments very much and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, thank you very much for your opinion. In the name of my whole team, let me wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and all the best for the upcoming 2015.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 December 2014

My family and I stayed at this resort for a week. The staff was excelente! Especially the entertainment team! Bruno Mars is so fun and a great singer! Rihanna is just the cutest thing you'll ever see and very funny. Joshua is so sincere and just great overall. Lionel Richey is always helping others have a great time and has an infectious smile. Charlie Brown was very fun. Big Daddy is awesome and super friendly!! Scooby doo is the nicest, super cute, and a great water polo player and dancer!! All the entertainment team members are so much fun and definitely helped make our trip great!

P.S. Big Daddy Te amo!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kathryn C
Thank you for took your time for sharing your valuable feedback about your recent stay in our resort. It is such a pleasure to hear that you had a great experience in every way!!
I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your candid comments and for choosing Now Larimar, above other hotels, for your holidays. We have congratulated all the personnel whose service contributed in your happiness.
Once again thank you so much for your positive feedback and will be glad if we can welcome you back soon.
Kind Regard

Reviewed 13 December 2014

We traveled to this resort over Thanksgiving week - but not by choice. We were bumped from our original resort (Dreams La Romana) two days before departure due to overbooking. Arriving in the Dominican angry and now having to travel 2 1/2 hours from the airport to the other side of the island, we were not sure what to expect. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. I have to say, we were completely blown away by the service, grounds, staff and all around atmosphere of the entire resort. The food in the Italian restaurant and the Japanese restaurant were the best - also Castaways (the preferred beach grill) had an awesome breakfast buffet. The rest of the food was so-so. There was also a LOT of seaweed of the beach each day, but the resort had staff working around the clock to keep the beach as clean as possible - we saw some other resorts on our excursion that had huge piles of it lined up and down the beach, but not here. The entertainment staff was fantastic - especially with the kids. Shows at night were very good. All in all I'm not sure we would have had a better time at the original resort. I have to give HUGE shout outs to the following exceptional employees - Eddy Santana in Preferred without whom we would have been lost, Francesco the bellman, Danela and Gisela at the Preferred pool bar who indulged our kids every day with their frozen "grown-up" drinks, and a special thanks to Marlene in housekeeping who my boys loved getting hugs and kisses (Hershey's) from each day. We had such a great time - thanks for the memories!!!!

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leigh S

Dear Leigh S
From the all team that working on Now Larimar, Thank you so much for your positive feedback!!
I am truly delighted to read that our service team and experience all together exceeded your expectations.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again
Kind regards