14,208 results
All reviews preferred club carnival buffet bluewater grill entertainment team preferred pool big daddy antonio banderas preferred status moments bar preferred area spice restaurant preferred room punta cana tropical view bruno mars scooby doo fire show
Reviewed 13 December 2014

We traveled to this resort over Thanksgiving week - but not by choice. We were bumped from our original resort (Dreams La Romana) two days before departure due to overbooking. Arriving in the Dominican angry and now having to travel 2 1/2 hours from the airport to the other side of the island, we were not sure what to expect. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. I have to say, we were completely blown away by the service, grounds, staff and all around atmosphere of the entire resort. The food in the Italian restaurant and the Japanese restaurant were the best - also Castaways (the preferred beach grill) had an awesome breakfast buffet. The rest of the food was so-so. There was also a LOT of seaweed of the beach each day, but the resort had staff working around the clock to keep the beach as clean as possible - we saw some other resorts on our excursion that had huge piles of it lined up and down the beach, but not here. The entertainment staff was fantastic - especially with the kids. Shows at night were very good. All in all I'm not sure we would have had a better time at the original resort. I have to give HUGE shout outs to the following exceptional employees - Eddy Santana in Preferred without whom we would have been lost, Francesco the bellman, Danela and Gisela at the Preferred pool bar who indulged our kids every day with their frozen "grown-up" drinks, and a special thanks to Marlene in housekeeping who my boys loved getting hugs and kisses (Hershey's) from each day. We had such a great time - thanks for the memories!!!!

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leigh S
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2014

Dear Leigh S
From the all team that working on Now Larimar, Thank you so much for your positive feedback!!
I am truly delighted to read that our service team and experience all together exceeded your expectations.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again
Kind regards

Reviewed 13 December 2014

Amazing resort, the best i have ever visited! It's defiantely worth upgrading to preferred the level of service we received from our butler Geraldino was amazing he knew things we wanted before we did and was always on hand to ensure we were happy. The food was brilliant especially at the Castaways breakfast with all the fresh juices and fresh fruit the servers there (too many to name were perfect). The entertainment team were excellente they tried all day long to get you involved in their games and make the days/nights fun, special thanks to Charlie Brown, Big Daddy and Billy Chapman who really went above and beyond to involve us in everything and really got to know us! The room was great (ocean view preferred) the only problem we encountered was the hot tub malfunctioning but maintenance came up super quick to fix this and we were sent champagne and fruit for the inconvenience which was a lovely touch! The spa was amazing really tranquil and relaxing all the staff here were super professional! All in all amazing resort and I'm already looking to visit again next year, something I have never done before!

• Stayed: December 2014

Dear Laura_Mc_London
Thank you for took your time for sharing your valuable feedback about your recent stay in Now Larimar Punta Cana.
I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us. On the other hand, it would be an honor if I can meet you personally for a next time, if that happens, do not hesitate to contact us time.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again and remain at your entire disposition for further assistance before your next visit.
Again, thank you very much for your opinion. In the name of my whole team, let me wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and all the best for the upcoming 2015.
Warm regards

Reviewed 13 December 2014

My stay at Now Larimar was SUPER! The food and service is simply amazing! Everything was great! The shows at night are mind blowing every night it's something different! My favorite part of the resort is the Now Larimar Entertainment Team. Every single one of them is full of energy, excitement and are amazing at what they do. Everyday is a blast with the team and there is always something fun happening. Everyone was excellent but people that stood out the most to me were: Bruno Mars, Scooby-Doo and Big Daddy. Always had a smile on there face and were always a great help with everything. My stay here was not good it was EXCELLENT!!

• Stayed: December 2014

Dear Sara W
We will look forward to welcoming you back again
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 December 2014

My wife and I r we center got married here this year. It was amazing. For the price, I don't think we could have picked a better place. It was such a good place for a destination wedding. We had 44 people with us and I was worried about it being difficult to ballance, but it was quite the contrary. Everyone was able to have fun by themselves and with a group. The pool is awesome, the bartenders are even awesomer (if that were a word they would be it) There was alwas something to do. They have different activities every day, djs, foam parties, and so many other things that keep the party going. The people that work at Now Larimar are some of the best people that I have met and make you feel like family. Juan was so hospitable, he looks exactly like A Rod. Charlie Brown and the entertainment staff were amazing and hospitable. Even after my friends and I beat them at water polo! Billy Chapman was hilarious and helpful. Our wedding planner Luisa put up with all my wifes crazy friends and pulled of such an amazing wedding! She handled everything, we just partied all week then bam! Wedding. It was too easy. The food though. The food was the only negative and it's barely a negative. There wasn't much variety, by our 4th or 5th day we were eating the same thing over and over. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing because some of the food was so good. Breakfast at the buffet.....holy bananas. And NO MATTER WHAT, get the lobster grill on the beach. It was, by far, the best lobster I have ever eaten. I don't really care for lobster...I ate 3 1/2 lobsters! So friggin good! Oh yeah, forgot the one real negative. My wife had a co I please dozen too many margaritas and left her purse at a table in the bar. We came back to get it 1 in later and it was gone. I feel like a guest took it so I can't blame the staff. It is what it is. Overall 9.5/10. Get married here!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade...it's worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family

Dear 12345adam12345
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We congratulated on your behalf our personnel of Now Larimar, for helping to make your stay memorable. We will look forward to welcoming you back again. In our hotel we are honoured to have customers like you.
Comments like yours give us strength to continue on our way, thank you for your warm words of support and encouragement, your message will be communicated to all staff to share the joy I felt when reading it.
Warm regards

Reviewed 11 December 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to the Dominican Republic and when I say it was an awesome expierence. The Now Larimar was a very well kept and very clean establishment. The staff was the absolute best they attended to your every need and wants. The head restaurant supervisor Lizandro Mercedes who could ask for better customer service. He was great and so was the rest of hotel staff. When I come back to visit and I will absolutely stay at Now Larimar. Would recommend to all. Pool AWESOME

KIM S (Detroit,MI)

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Yolanda S
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2014

Dear Yolanda S:
Thank you very much for sharing all your experiences in the Now Larimar hotel and thank you for choosing us for your holidays.
For us it is an honor to receive reviews from our guest more if we could read that we have managed to exceed such important expectations as a birthday celebration.
I am glad to know that my personnel could make your holiday memorable specially Lizandro!.
We will love to greet you soon again, so we have another chance to continue surprising you with our hotel and service.
In the name of my whole team, let me wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
Yours sincerely,