“edenh comments”

Now Larimar Punta Cana
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 July 2008

We just returned last nite from Edenh Real. Overall its a very nice very clean resort which I find important. The pool and and the pool bars had some great bartenders. we found Carlos at the Paradise Pool full of energy and enthusiasm for his job. He was alot of fun. Some of the bartenders didn"t understand English at all and that wasn't so good. One of our complaints was the inability to communicate with many of the staff especially housekeeping. Housekeeping may be understaffed because one nite we didn't even have our room cleaned until 6:30. There are no washcloths provided so you may want to take your own. We paid for upgrade for Paradise Club but not really sure what the additional money got us rather than name brand liquor at the bars. We had no turndown service in the room/our refrige. was hardly ever restocked/trash wasn't always taken out when the room was cleaned/no replacement for coffee creamers and the coffee cups always smelled of old coffee and not cleaned. OUr jacquzzi tub wasn't ever cleaned out either. Another complaint is that we were always told that there wasn't openings for the ala carte restaurants. We stood in line for 30 min. on Sunday to be told that they weren't taking reservations that day. Later on another guest advised that they then changed their mind and started to take them. If it weren't for our Apple Rep. (Santo) we wouldn't have gotten any reservations. There was one staff member taking reservations that couldn't understand one thing in English and she was not helpful at all. I found her very unfriendly unless you could speak
Spanish. That made things difficult. One of the good things about the resort was the lay out. Close to pools/ocean/restaurants. Maybe a little more time for a new
resort will bring some changes.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
5  Thank annaPittsburgh
Write a ReviewReviews (13,124)

Reviewed 27 July 2008

I had chosen this resort after going over dozens of the other hotels in Punta Cana. We chose it for the dozens of unique things that they offered. Unfortunately I spent the next few months reading the reviews and entered our vacation from July 18 - 25/08 worrying that maybe we had made a mistake.

It was the most beautiful resort with the most cooperative staff from the moment we entered to the time we left. We had the Consierge service and we directed to a beautiful lounge with a bar, snacks, couches and tv for the kids while checked in - maybe a 15 minutes ordeal. Our rooms were immaculate. Adjoining rooms with 2 beds for the kids and a king size for us with the jacuzzis on both balconies. We also brought bug spray and never saw one the entire week. The food from excellent from the beach buffet, to the regular buffet and all of the restaurant as well as the room service which we utilized on at least 3 occasions. (There were 5 of us including 3 children who loved this novelty!) I'm not sure what all these other people had problems with but we went to the beach on many occassions between 9:00-10:30am and were able to find 5 lounges. As far as the pools went we went on morning outings and went to the pools in early afternoon and still found 5 chairs at any given time. So no complaints. We've been to Puerto Plata recently (Breezes) and our standards were that perhaps it wasn't going to be clean or the food was sub-standard, but going to this resort turned our minds around. This was truly a beautiful, clean and hospitable place to stay. To those who had problems getting drinks, we did upgrade to the concierge level and had a beautiful rooms by the beach and pools, but we didn't restrict ourselves to only these areas as it wasnt necessary. I'm not sure how strong people need their drinks but we usually needed to add mix to ours.
If I do return to Punta Cana or the D.R. I can't see ourselves staying anywhere else.

Stayed: July 2008
9  Thank leapatrou
Reviewed 25 July 2008

I traveled with a group of 15 to Edenh, we stayed from July 4th - 11th. All of us had an amazing time. The rooms were all clean, there were a few minor blemishes... but come on are you really staying at a beach resort to enjoy your room? The food was great, I was equally satisfied with the buffet and the ala carte. Making reservations was a bit difficult for us because of the way it was done when we were there. First of all, the girl in charge of reservations (Lorena I think was her name) was not the friendliest person to deal with, and we always had to stand in a line for 45 minutes to 1 hour every morning because she would only allow 1 day of reservations, and she never smiled. I understand she has to do her job, and I am not complaining about waiting but she could have at least done her job with a smile on her face. Other than that, our group didn't have any real complaints. Ramon at the Club Paradise adult pool was amazing! Mercedes who moved around between the Sports bar and Tantra always had a smile on her face and tried to make conversation. Felix who made omelettes at the breakfast buffet was extraordinary, very friendly and like stated in other reviews remembers EVERYONE'S name.

Punta Cana itself was an amazing place, every person we came in contact with was nice. I never felt "in danger" at any point of our trip as some people stated. We did leave EdenH a few times, once to go on the 4 Wheeling tour and another time to go out to Mangu at Grand Occidental Flamenco Resort. I would highly recommend the 4 wheelers for anyone who is feeling adventurous... but I would not recommend Mangu to anyone. When we got there we were charged an $8 cover which did include a drink ticket, but after that all drinks were $8 and up! I don't even pay that much in the states. Plus the place is crawling with prostitutes. The guys in our group got approached by several of them.

Punta Cana has been one of the only places I have been that I would definitely go back, and I would go back to the same resort. EdenH was wonderful! And as for all of the complaints about mosquitoes... I am always the first person bit, and I did not see one. I brought 3 cans of OFF and a couple of citronella candles just in case, but none were used. Also, we never had a problem getting a chair on the beach. Please do not be scared off by the horrible reviews that are months old. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
9  Thank ang060282
Reviewed 25 July 2008

My wife and I stayed at the EdenH Real from July 14th through July 21st and absolutely loved it. We stayed in a Paradise Club room in building 2 and had an absolutely amazing view and everyone was extremely friendly. Our favorite had to be the bartender at the paradise club pool Ramone who was just a really fun person and gave exceptional service. For everyone reading about the complaints, it really comes down to visitors being greedy, arrogant, and stuck-up. The food was absolutely wonderful and there is something for everyone in every restaurant and at the buffet. There have been complaints about the portion sizes, but that is the size a correct portion should be. We as Americans just tend to eat way too much so its actually a good thing they serve food the way they do. You must be willing to try different things and please step out of the Americanized box that American travelers go down there trapped in (by the way I am from Maryland). Ive read many reviews talking about food and activities for kids and all I have to say to that is, just dont bring your kids to an all inclusive resort in a different country. It not only frustrates the family, but other vacationers. Also, you are in the Dominican Repubic so do not be rude to them but try and work with the employees to understand each other. We had a small set back during check-in and were very patient about the problem and ended up with amazing service. They even sent a bottle of champagne to our room. Go down there looking to have a great time and to enjoy your vacation and everything will work out.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Raidersfan9
Reviewed 24 July 2008

I stayed with my partner at the EdenH in early Feb 2008 just after it opened. We loved every minute and would like to return. The bath room set up could be a bit of a problem if you are not rooming with a partner or good friend as there was no dividing wall between it and the main bedroom. Having said that the room was beautifully furnished and very comfortable.

We experience no delays at check in but this may have been because we were the only 2 using this hotel who came on our flight from the UK. Most of the other guests were from Canada or the USA.

The food in the a la carte resturants was excellent except in the American style resturant. The buffet food was OK but nothing special. All the bar areas were good with excellent service.

From reading other reviews it would appear that the sun bed shortage has been resolved. When we stayed it was a huge problem which was the only negative I had about EdenH. People were getting up at 6:00 AM when it was still dark to "reserve" sunbeds!

We had a great 2 weeks (with no stomache problems) in a beautiful, chilled resort. We went on a couple of trips one a boat trip organised through the local dive company (I can't remember their name) which was awful. However the trip to the capital was very good and was excellent value.

I would definately return to the EdenH as long as it doesn't become too family orientated.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Scott63Uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
0.2 km away
5 km away
Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
21.8 km away
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!