“Efrain, Carlos and Salome!! Best service ever!!”

Now Larimar Punta Cana
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My wife and I attended a wedding here during the second week of March 2012. We stayed in the preferred club master suite ocean view at ground level. What a room! Two full washrooms, outdoor jacuzzi and shower and being at the ground level, the pool bar was right outside as well as the private pool and hammocks. When you upgrade to the preferred club you get a few extra perks that I thought were completely worth it. The best part was the personal butlers! EFRAIN and CARLOS. These guys were amazing. Whenever we needed something or had an issue these guys took care of things in an instant. They really did make our holiday special. Thanks again Efrain and Carlos. And lets not forget about Salome the waitress at the 'Sandbar' pool bar. She was wonderful and we were never without a drink when she was around.

The food at the resort was average. The best place for al a carte dinners by far was "Spice" and the french restaurant. Reserve the private chef at Spice for an entertaining and delicious dinner. The buffet was lacking so we tried to avoid it. One other thing with the preferred upgrade which was nice was that you could go to a private restaurant for breakfast and order off the menu. Nice touch.

The grounds are well kept and the pools are pristine. The beach is also beautiful, however you tend to get harassed by people trying to sell excursions and such. Politely tell them no, if you are not interested, and they will leave you alone. The night club was fun in the evenings and the nightly entertainment was great. Make sure to catch the Michael Jackson show.

All in all, we had a great time at this resort. If it's great service your looking for, go here.

Room Tip: PREFERRED CLUB UPGRADE!!! GET IT! Our room was ground floor ocean front and was amazing. Room numb...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank matt c
Write a ReviewReviews (13,240)

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I recently stayed here with my husband the first week of March. Although the grounds and the rooms are impeccable, the food has a lot more to be desired. Most of the food that should have been served hot was only luke warm and sometimes even just cold. It wasn't just like that in the buffet, but in the restaurants too. I stuck to eating a lot of bread and fruit for most of the trip so I didn't go hungry. I also think that there should be some sort of palapas or umbrellas near the pools for those who choose to not be in the sun the entire day. You can get any of the spots under the pergola unless you went out at 6:30 - 7:00 to reserve "your spot". Plus, if you tried to head to the beach to get something that was possibly shaded, everything was taken. On top of that there were two huge sections just for the "Preferred Club". Do they really need two spaces when the amount of regular rooms exceeds the number of club rooms!! The "hot tubs" were actually cold tubs. The water in them was colder than the pool water.

Don't get me wrong, it was nice to get away and the hotel was okay, the people who work there are great. We loved Daniella who served us drinks everyday at the pool. Even when we didn't ask for any she would bring them because she knew what we drank and wanted to keep us happy! She always had a smile and such a great personality and would not take any additional tips even when we tried to stuff them in her pocket. She would just shake her head no and say "really....it's my pleasure"!! We would always ask for Wilki or HiPohito at breakfast/lunch because they were so nice and personable. Always coming back to your table to see if you needed another beverage or if you wanted anything at all.

Not sure that I would go back to this resort. Didn't like being hassled when you went to lunch about being a "preferred club" member. Or being hassled by the pool for massages. Also, quiet pool was often not quiet due to screaming children so maybe they can do a little better about making it a "quiet spot". Maybe call it an "adults pool".

Room Tip: third floor you were able to look out and see the ocean from your garden view room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MauiMe067
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Some of my family and I spent a week at the Now Larimar for our nephew's wedding, and had just a fabulous time. I know that the company was certainly part of the joy of the week, but the hotel staff also made a huge difference. I will highlight some of the real "gems" that we had the pleasure to meet, but honestly, everyone is so friendly, very sweet people.

Tortola Swim Up Bar - Pablo - what can I say. He was so friendly, patient and always had a cold beverage waiting for us when he saw us hovering near the bar. He took care of our whole entourage, he deserves 6 stars! Also Jose Manuel at the swim up bar - great guy, also took care of us.

Beach service - what can I say about Hector Vargas - he is honestly the hardest working beach server I have ever seen. Nothing was too much trouble, always a smile and a wave, and always around - very visible.....he is awesome.

The resort is really beautiful - if you visit their own web site all the pictures that you see are exactly what you get - there is no disguising this lovely place.

Rooms are certainly ample, there are different selections in the deluxe and preferred, I had a deluxe garden view and it was just fine. Cleaned very nice every day.

The food was good - the only restaurant you need a reservation at is the Japanese for the Tepanyaki show. We also went to the Italian restaurant - found the food good.

The buffet food was diverse, breakfasts the best.......ate there 3-4 nights - was good.

There was a St. Patrick's day parade on the beach, and a band after - lots of fun.

I found the check in and check out fine - no real wait.

The only comment is that they need more "open air" space. I know they have a lovely courtyard, but for example, you have to enter the lobby thru glass doors when you arrive - it should be open - like some of the other hotels. Also the lobby bar - same thing - no walls - all open air would be so nice...you would have the nice breezes around you all the time.

All in all a great resort and a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank michyhurst
Reviewed 22 March 2012

after reading some reviews on trip advisor I was very nervous about the resort. I got home yesterday after spending 7 glorious days at this resort!! The service is outstanding, they all treat you like family. We had the preffered club which I recomend for everyone, and we also got the V.I.P. service which I also recommend. We had our private butler Carlos Alberto and he was amazing!! Every day we had our beach chairs ready and waiting for us. I also have to give high praises for Carlos's co workers, Davis, Efrain and Wilson. All of them went above and beyond our expectations. On the beach we had Salome as our cocktail server and as you finished your last sip she was their with your next one, she is awesome!!! We would start our day on the white sand beach which was beautiful. And end our day at the Sand bar with Salome and Junior, who will make you laugh and show you a great time with his dancing and singing!!! The food is not the best but their is a large selection so everyone should be able to find something. The Spice resteraunt is the best, make sure you sign up for the hibachi it is awesome and the food is delicous. We also had massages and dinner on the beach, both well worth it. We also had our photos taken by the phtographer their and ended up buying the whole package, the pictures were so good we had to have them all. I would definitley return to this resort, the service is one of a kind. You are treated like family when you are here. We already miss Carlos, Salome and Junior. Hope to return next year!!!! The only downfall was the ocean, it had alot of seaweed, not the slimy kind more like twigs and leaves, but we still enjoyed it.

Room Tip: upgrade to prefferred and try to get ocean view- it is amazing, we stayed in the master suite ocean...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jennnewyork993
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is our first experience with Now Larimar Resort and it was one we'll never forget. Wonderful, friendly, energetic, and excellent entertainment! Especially we would like to thank Chocolate, Baby Apple, Fabio, Smiley, Blondie, Happy Face, Carlos, Daniela, Pablo, Mercede, and George.....We would definitely like to come back here!:)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wade U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
0.2 km away
0.5 km away
Now Garden Punta Cana
5 km away
Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!