14,130 results
All reviewspreferred clubcarnival buffetbluewater grillentertainment teampreferred poolbig daddyantonio banderaspreferred statusmoments barpreferred areaspice restaurantpreferred roompunta canatropical viewbruno marsscooby doofire show
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Just came back from NOW and totally loved it. I´m usually not the a person that makes reviews however thought I had to appreciate in some way my perfect vacations. I miss already the staff (specially Henry) and the resort itself which is beautiful!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Gio M
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My husband and I went for our Honeymoon and when we got there it was late, 5:30pm, we were tired, hungry and just wanted to get to our room. We checked in at the lobby and we were greeted by our "Vacation Concierge" that took up an hour of our time luring us to a time share appointment for the next day. We refused but he insisted and would not let us go to our room until we said yes. When we finally got to our room, yes, it was nice and clean, cold but the bed was VERY uncomfortable. They only gave us 2 small pillows for a King size bed and the extra pillow smelled like mildew. We did not get one good night sleep while there.

The food was bad... just bad! Their version of Alfredo sauce was Campbell's Soup Cream of Chicken, Their chicken was dry and hard as a rock. My husband and I do not eat pork and when we asked them if they had chicken they looked at us like we were crazy. The waitstaff was not very good, they never came back to check on us, either my husband or I had to go and get a refill on water, wine, tea, etc. The restaurants were always closed and when they were open it was a 2 hour wait, so we were left no choice but to eat at the buffet. Same food, every night. The food that was by the pool area was mediocre... same stuff everyday! Dry, tasteless food

The beach was nice, aside from the mountains of sea weed along the shore. There was so much of this stuff it was impossible to swim in the water. The pool was the best part, it had a bar and that part we did enjoy. But who travels thousands of miles from home to go and swim in a cement hole?

During the night they had shows, but the waiters were no where to be found. If I found one and we ordered our drinks, they would roll their eyes and never come back. We wanted this trip to be special, the service we got from this place was the worst ever. It's not like my husband and I are hideous looking or mutant like, and even if we were why avoid us? We gave tips to all the waitstaff when they brought us our drinks, but most of the time WE had to go and get ours since they never came.

I would not stay at this resort ever again! Punta Cana is a gorgeous place and it was a shame that we were misguided by what this Resort offers. It claims to have a private beach, but it's not, the small walk from the pool to the beach, there are at least 5 men asking you for money, some for tours that their companies are not associated with the hotel. Which the Resort does have a booth where you can book your excursions. Even while napping on the beach people came up asking us for money.

Another thing... DO NOT GET A MASSAGE AT THEIR SPA! I spent $98.00 on a massage that left me in more pain, I had to make an appointment with a chiropractor due to the neck injury I received, even had an MRI done.

Please stay somewhere else!!! Spend the extra cash a for a better place! This place is a rip off!!

Room Tip: It's a waste of money to do the Preffered Club Upgrade... don't do it! You get treated the same! There is NO VIP treatment for anyone!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Elva Z
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My husband and I just returned from our 25th wedding anniversary on Friday, November 11, 2011. We were guests for 7 days at Now Larimar resort. When we planned this trip we had no clue which resort would be the best, but with the help of our travel agent, we found this gem. After doing some research, I added Now Larimar to my facebook and read all of the information I could find. We were so excited when we arrived and found out everything was above and beyond our expectations! The resort is beautiful, the grounds were well manicured and so tropical! Food and drink were amazing, but best of all was the staff and their going "above and beyond" to welcome us "home". Concierge Juana was very sweet and helped us feel very special. Marcelino is very amazing and spoiled me to death! Alejandro spent time helping make sure our trip was going smoothly, especially at our swim up bar. Bartender Aurelio was great, knowing what we wanted the second we walked over! even making a special drink that was amazing. The cleanliness and the comfort of our rooms made us feel like we were in our own home. Anyone planning on visiting this fine resort will love it. The only downfall of our vacation is the fact that it was over way too soon. We had some rain, but there are so many things to do that rain didn't put a damper on the trip. After all, its the Tropics! It has to rain to keep things green. Thanks also to Raphael for the help getting our luggage to and from our room. All I can say is that I recommend Now Larimar to everyone!! Excellente!!

Room Tip: We thought the 4th floor was the best for the ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

From the moment I arrived, I could feel the difference: elegant, clean, personnel at the front desk are very profesional and helpful. Rooms are spacious, confortable, cozy and impecable clean. As for the food, it couldn't be better; they had a large variety of salads, meats, seafood, etc. The entertainment team are really good, they go out of their way to make you feel at home and to never have a dull moment. No doubt I would recomend this hotel, for vacation or business as they have great conference rooms with audiovisual equipment, wifi, etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Rosa T

Awesome staff, Nice pools, Beautiful Beach, Georgous Room

Our room was a little musty smelling, but what can you expect with such high humidity? The cleaning staff hooked us up with tons of inscence every day. They also came in and cleaned our room daily. The bars were great! They made your drinks however you wanted. The staff at Now was AMAZING. They were very funny and kind. They sincerely wanted you to enjoy yourself. The shows were fantastic. Some of the food was so-so, other was great! We ate tons everyday. Our favorite restaurant was Spice, and our dinner on the beach was fantastic! The fresh orange juice at breakfast was incredible! The pools were very nice. The beach was beautiful, except for a seaweed problem...but that was the same at all the resorts.

This resort was great. There are always credicts. Case in point, we went on an aweomse excursion (Outback Safari) that is advertised as an all day outing touring the Dominican countryside, and a couple was complaining the entire time! Seriously!? The excursion was advertised perfectly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple