“Now larimar entertainment team!!!!!!!”

Now Larimar Punta Cana
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I just got back from now larimar last night. I went there for a one week vacation with myself, my husband and my 2 kids ages 5 and 11. We also went with another couple and their 2 kids ages 6 and 11. I think the hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The grounds are well kept and are always clean. The rooms are kept nice also. The layout of the bathroom is only good if you are a couple, no privacy at all. Bathroom has separate toilet, shower and jaquzzi There is no privacy between the bed room and the bathroom. It's an open wall. I had to hide behind the door to get dressed so my kids didn't have to see me naked! The food was just ok. Typical buffet food and the restaurants were ok. I recommend the hibachi out of all of them.

If you have kids, there is not much for the kids to do besides the kids club which is all indoors. I would recommend a more kid friendly hotel unless your kids are fine with just hanging by the pool or beach. Most activities are for adults only.

Now lets get to the entertainment team!!!!!!!! I can not say enough about them. They made my whole trip. I have never met such a friendly and talented team in my life. They are absolutely amazing. The shows that they put on at night blew me away,,,,,,during the day we were painting with George Washington and at night he was blowing fire at the white beach party. Henry is an amazing MC and is such a great guy. Happy Face is....u guessed it always happy, she is always dancing, smiling and so helpful.... Betty Boop was just awesome and did a great job in the show....Mr Blackey was always smiling and did a great job with all the pool activities.....Yunior and Pablo were amazing at the bar!!!!!!!!!!! Junior is is just so full of energy. He can do it all from dancing, to zumba, to just being friendly and helpful. The team is just phenomenal and put in 12 hour days for 11 days straight and 3 days off. They work hard and deserve to be compensated. I can't say enough about them.

I recommend the outback safari excursion. It was awesome. Make sure you haggle your price. We paid 60 pp and that was all day from 8 to 5 and the 2 lil ones were free. You get to see the country, the mountIans, go horseback riding, shopping, etc........

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa E
Write a ReviewReviews (13,124)

Reviewed 12 November 2011

everything is beautiful show people was fantastic and happy face and mr blacky was make me feel sooooo happy the entertaiment it so exellent....

the food is great i love it.

everithing was exellent.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank eva d
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stayed at the Now Larimar from October 12-19, 2011. The hotel is well-maintained and beautiful. The staff is really focused on making sure you are satisfied, they are very accommodating and the nicest people from the Conceirge Manager Marcelino Lora, to our personal butler Alejandro (yes we had our own butler) Happy Face and Johanna they were all wonderful! The beach is beautiful and the sand is pure white. I enjoyed the food they have a large variety to select from and the fruit was very fresh. If you go to the lobby bar make sure you try a chocolate martini they are the best.We upgraded to a preferred ocean view suite it was located on the 2nd floor the view was breathtaking from the balcony. I would definitely go back to this resort! Thanks for a memorable vacation-The Primers

Room Tip: Go for the preferred ocean view suites it's worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MarriedMe2
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I read several reviews before deciding to stay here. Absolutely loved the beach and the availability of chairs around pool and on beach. There is still a lot of remodeling going on, such as painting during the day, be careful walking, do not lean against pillars. The disco was great, we never waited for a drink, you would turn around and it would be full again. Loved the nightly shows in the courtyard. The vendors up and down the beach are very annoying, only seemed to back off the days there were police on the beach. A lot of seaweed some days, but we were told this was because of hurricane season. The sand and water is absolutely gorgeous. Great food selections at all of the restaurants, our longest wait at the ala carte was 30 min. Our bed was very comfortable. The huge jacuzzi tub was amazing. Our room was always clean and mini fridge stocked every morning. Great value, just wish there were less timeshare people and annoying vendors.

Room Tip: No need to upgrade, our regular room was great
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Snobal1001
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Everything at Now Larimar was AMAZING! From the food to the nightly entertainment was superb! From the 6 plus restaurants to the nightly entertainment, Now Larimar is the place to stay! Johanna from the Prefered Cub was greattt! Especially ´Big Mamma´ from Now Entertainment was great, among many more. Henry was also a great director of the Now nightly Entertainment. Look out for Carlos at the Scores sports bar, he might be the best person you will ever meet in your life. Hands down, staying at Now Larimar was the best choice in all of Punta Cana! I will be coming back...again...and again...and again! There were daily activities, the pool and beach were great :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
0.2 km away
5 km away
Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
21.8 km away
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Now Larimar Punta Cana

Address: Av. Alemania S/N | El Cortecito, Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Region: Caribbean > Dominican Republic > La Altagracia Province > Punta Cana > Bavaro
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Green Hotel in Bavaro
#9 On the Beach Hotel in Bavaro
#9 Luxury Hotel in Bavaro
#10 Top resorts Hotel in Bavaro
#10 Casino Hotel in Bavaro
#10 Spa Hotel in Bavaro
#12 Romantic Hotel in Bavaro
Price Range: €174 - €527 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Now Larimar Punta Cana 4*
Step into the breathtaking Now Larimar Punta Cana and enjoy a wristband-free, excitement-filled getaway. Far from life's demands. Back to its simple pleasures. Where sophistication meets understated. And the kids have as much fun as the grown-ups. Located on over 700 yards of picturesque palm-studded white sand beach on the majestic turquoise Caribbean Sea in Playa Bavaro, Now Larimar offers all of the privileges of an Unlimited-Luxury(R) escape in an exquisite seaside setting. Savor every moment with deluxe accommodations, reservation-free gourmet restaurants, premium cocktails, pampering in our world-class Spa, endless daytime and nighttime activities and much much more. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Now Larimar Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Now Larimar Hotel Punta Cana