“Reasonable”

El Pollo Borracho
Ranked #28 of 141 Restaurants in Bavaro
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 14 February 2018

If youw ant to have reasonable food, it is the place. They have a daily menu which is a good price. I visit here twice a week for my lunch. And people who work here are very friendly.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I will definitely come back for more pool I borracho, arroz y habichuelas!! Excellent food and atmosphere. Our host from Spain was wonderful and made our dining experience better!! Thank you!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome! Servers are nice, food is great, and isn’t expensive. Rice and beans were amazing! It’s right off a main road so can get a little noisy, but it’s easy to find! Definitely recommend to anyone who loves classic Dominican food!

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Hella good chicken!! Great place right off the road on the way to Bavaro, I had the drunken chicken and it was super.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

This is a great option to try out local Dominican food. The menu is very limited but they focus on, yes, chicken. Drunken Chicken is their specialty. I was told that the chicken was cooked in some sort of beer-derived sauce but I found it a bit sweet. These are the huge, factory chickens (really plump) that you'll get in the States but rather the local stuff - normal sized. But, you won't leave hungry. My Dominican colleagues got rice and beans, I had the sauteed potatoes which were good and garlicky. The fruit juices were good (lime and chinola) but I saw that they came from concentrate bottles in the back. That's fine - it's probably the usual.

The location isn't quaint. It's located at a loud intersection. So, we sat inside. There were actually people SMOKING at the bar. It's fairly rare to see Dominicans smoke like that but they were here and it was nasty. So, I would certainly go back as many of the other restaurants nearby are either boring or too expensive. But, I wouldn't rave about this place.

1  Thank JSTrip_77