Karibo Punta Cana(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$54
US$327
US$229
US$574
US$331
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$399/night.

US$164
US$105
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$331
US$186
US$439
Barcelo.com
10,435 results
All reviewsjambalayala doradacajun restaurantstar friendsspecialty restaurantssteakdominican republicmain buffetbeach barstar rock cafeother resortsbottled waterseafoodgot sickapple vacationsate at the japaneseevery other day
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We just returned from our annual vacation in Punta Cana where we stay at Iberostar Bavaro hotel. It was another perfect vacation, we like everything about that place: gorgeous landscape, beautiful beach, turquoise ocean, wonderful accommodations and fantastic food. But most of all we like the people who work at this hotel. They go out of their way to make sure our stay at Bavaro is perfect and memorable. The new director of the hotel is a highly responsible person. You could see her from early morning hours to late in the day checking everything and making sure things were running smoothly. Every morning before breakfast we went for a swim. The first person whom we met was Guillermo who gave us beach towels. He always met us with a smile and jokes. Thank you Guillermo for making our every day! Thank you all people from Bavaro for making our vacation as paradise! Special thank you to a fantastic manager Jesus. Thank you for your fantastic staff who are hard working people. We love all of them. We want to thank all kitchen staff who prepared delicious food for us. We were impressed with the cook Jose from Valencia. What a decent, humble and caring person! Hope to see him next year. We also want to thank Vicente -we already miss you! And thank you all of you for our spectacular vacation! See you all next year!

Grad family from Boston MA

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank caribbean137
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager Online at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear guest,

The team members at the IBEROSTAR Bavaro Suites are most grateful to you for having chosen to vacation with us one more time. Also, we sincerely appreciate the time taken to share your remarkable review and we are elated knowing your time with us was “Best Vacation”. We are very thankful our team ,including our manager, worked exceptionally well filling your vacation with unforgettable memories.

We will certainly commend everyone especially those mentioned by names. We always aim to provide the best experience with the hope of wowing our guests and we are very pleased knowing that we have accomplished our desired goal with you. We are looking forward to the next time we will have the pleasure to extend welcome again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Wonderful service. The staff was excellent, accommodating, friendly and helpful! Orlando from the kitchen was especially kind to me while I was getting some work done in the buffet. He gave me recommendations and entertaining conversation! Thanks for helping to make my trip incredible!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager Online at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Guest,

We have loved to read your review describing the way in which especially Orlando was out of his way to provide the best of the services. We will personally extend your special comments to him for his extraordinary performance.

Please come back soon for an other great stay,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Staff-Absolutely 5 star service here. They were always there to fill drinks, take plates, etc. They work very hard.
Entertainment-Also 5 star. The shows were so much fun every night.
Room-I give it 2 or 3 stars. We stayed right by the beach. The rooms always feel damp. I do realize the weather has a part in it, but the ac should dry that out. The sheets always felt damp. The bathrooms have no exhaust fan. The floor is constantly wet. The showers spill out onto the floor as well. At night I heard a dripping noise in the bathroom....looked behind a picture and there was open wall behind it. Somehow water was dripping back there. The lighting is terrible in the entire room and bathroom. I cant help but wonder if that is to hide the mold from the moisture. Yes...there was mold in our room. After days of dampness we looked closer and there is definitely mold from the mpisture.
Food-1 to 2 stars. The pastry chef gets 5 stars. Desserts were always on point. But the meals were so sub par. We went to the "seafood" restaurant and was served cold rice and cold, stringy, charred lobster. We went to the Japanese place twice which was decent. But dont let it fool you....it is meat with soy sauce on it. The descriptions would say "kimchi" or stuff like that...not true. We asked about the kimchi and they had no idea what we were saying (we asked in Spanish fyi). The "italian" was dry and awful. I have never had dry ravioli. The presentation was beautiful but the taste was terrible. On our 5th day I had pizza for lunch and that was it--so sick from it and it ruined our last 3 days. I ate white rice and bread. We literally couldn't stomach another meal at this resort. We chose pizza hut at the airport over this "5 star" resort. By far the most disappointing part of our trip. When I spend this much money on a trip for "5 star", I expect good food. This food was worse than applebees.
Gym-Facility is fantastic but very warm in there every day.
Grounds-Pool and beach are very nice. They keep the grounds very nice.

**Be warned of the sales pitch for the vacation club. We got sucked into this presentation. They said 30 minutes and it took 2 hours for them to ask for $40k to be part of their club. I found it to be tasteless.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank kohner34
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager Online at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write in detail about your recent holiday in our hotel IBEROSTAR Bavaro Suites.

Firstly we want to apologize for those cons you described but however we will like to clarify the point of our gastronomy which pass through a very strict quality control program to avoid this kind of incident and there are many different factors that may cause stomachs problems. It is a shame to know we could not meet all your expectations. This is not the kind of experience we aim to offer but, you can be sure that we are taking notes of all the points you have mentioned, to take the corrective measures if needed.

On the other hand we have to say also thank you, for mentioning the excellence of our staff. Our wish is to make our entire guest happy and we feel sad when we do not succeed.

Please do not judge us for a first stay and give us another chance, we assure you that you will not regret it,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

First, let me preface this by saying that I am what Iberostar terms a “super-repeater”. Over the past 20 years we have vacationed at Iberostar resorts roughly 14 times, including multiple resorts in Playa del Carmen, as well as Punta Cana, La Romana, and Puerto Plata. But never again will I choose Iberostar after my treatment this past week at Iberostar Bavaro Suites.

I booked my trip through Iberostar.com, roughly 3 months prior. The rate I received was quite high, at an average of $154 per person per day for 3 adults and 1 child. Far higher than I had ever paid before but I presumed booking direct would benefit me. After speaking with several other guests I learned that we had paid far higher than they did, booking later than us, and through various other means (travel agents, tour companies, and web consolidators). This surprised me, as Iberostar.com highlighted their best price guarantee. Then, on our third day I got the call from the front desk.

It seemed that I had coded my 15 year old as a child, not an adult (I simply thought the age break was 15 rather than 12). They stated that I was only paying $36 per day for my child and needed to pay an extra $85 to get him up to their $120 per day minimum. But wait, I said, I was ALREADY paying an average of $154 per person per day. Isn’t that way above $120? Also, the four of us were in one single room. And two of us were under 18 and not drinking, and three of us were vegetarian and not eating meat. Surely given the very high price I already paid for the four of us (way above their minimum daily rate) as well as this being our 15th stay, Iberostar could overlook this. Again, my son was not drinking and only eating non-meat items (which meant that effectively none of the specialty restaurants were an option for him).

Unfortunately, Monica and Franklin at the front desk were completely unaccommodating and unrelenting that I owed an additional $850 for my son. When I explained that this meant that the four of us were now paying $175 per person per day, or $700 in total for a single room, PER DAY, with only two people consuming alcohol and most meals at the buffet, Monica was totally uncooperative. “We cannot control the rate sir”. “But don’t you understand what Iberostar.com already charged me? I have have already paid nearly $1,400 MORE than what it would have been if I paid $120 per day for all of us”! The remaining days of my trip were spent in the bitter realization that Iberostar no longer cares about customer service. We also suffered through one of their “club” presentations where they attempted to sell a membership for many thousands of dollars with debatable benefits. The only positive of that experience was a $100 credit to lower our already outrageous bill. They mentioned during that presentation that they did not want to lose repeating guests. Well, their new policies must be driving guests away in force, as our tour of their “Grand” resort showed largely a ghost town.

I have unlimited other options for my family of four for a $700 per day budget and will always choose something other than Iberostar for all future travel. They have lost me as a “super-repeater” forever. Oh, and our last night, to top off our vacation, eight of the biggest cockroaches I have ever seen crawled out of our bathroom ceiling vent – my wife and kids were freaking out - - it was like a horror movie, each bug literally three inches long. Never, ever, again. And beware Iberostar.com. Their best price guarantee is worthless. And I am now a “never-repeater”.

Room Tip: The resort is not overly large, so rooms in the middle of the resort offer an equally short walk to the beach or lobby restaurants
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Birdsnest25

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to our IBEROSTAR hotels and resorts.

We are very concerned to read that after so many years having perfect vacations you decide not to come back, we apologize for not been able to fulfill your expectations this time but our management already knows about it and they are going to contact you personally to do all sort out to recover your trust to this hotel.

Please give us the chance to make it better with another stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Beautiful grounds, staff was extremely polite, bungalows/rooms large and very clean. DONALD at check-in was super accommodating and made us feel comfortable from the very start. Beach is very clean and expansive. Some mentions of seaweed made us nervous, but there was no issue. Plenty of cabanas and beach chairs. Not overcrowded. Very few people on the beach "hocking" us to purchase excursions or souvenirs, which was very nice. Food on the beach was terrific, including Paella, some stewy lobster mussel recipe and a huge salmon meal---all were delicious. Plenty to choose from in the buffets. Only downside was it was difficult to get reservations for dinners. Even arriving on a Wednesday around noon could not secure a dinner reservation for Fri or Sat night. Told a couple of times that there were none available, yet restaurants were not full, at all. Enjoyed the little coffee shop on the property, which included small sandwiches and desserts. Short drive from airport, which was also very nice. Overall good time, would refer a friend and would return.

Room Tip: all rooms here are bungalows
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ddfld200

Dear Guest,

Please receive a warm greeting from Punta Cana.

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Caribbean.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable experience.