Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Dominica republic was my destination for celebrating my graduation from Florida International University with my significant other given that the resort is adult only all-inclusive I knew right away this was going to be the best time of my life! From the moment I walked to the front desk Angelica was so hospitable, so tender and genuine. Welcome drinks left and right starting off my vacation the right way. The 24 bar was a great touch considering the occasion. The lobby had a certain smell that made you feel at home and welcomed. A special thank you to all my friends in the D.R. Ery from the Pool Bar, Rafael the best Butler every!!!!! Melvin so sweet at the front desk helping with my medical needs and always helping count US dollars to Pesos lol. :) Alfredo from the destinations tour tables for helping straighten out our excursions, Abdul, Dany the hibachi cook so funny with his dinner jokes, Ester and Yudi. A piece of me stayed in Ibero Star Grand Hotel Bavarro. The service brought me to tears multiple times considering I am in the hospitality industry and I recognize exceptional service when given. From the gorgeous room to the beach side chairs, all you can eat buffet, late night boat karaoke & dancing, to the night shows by the Star Girls and Boys. The theatre was filled with so much talent, so much emphasis in each song sang, each dance danced. The intensity was ridiculous; so modern and with the times despite the language difference. These people are very hard workers and all deserve to be recognized for all their efforts. So much love everywhere you go in Dominica Republic, La isla de Catalina day adventure, swimming with the Dolphins and Dun Bugging was a great touch outside the resort TRY IT! Destiny will take you where you are supposed to go. I know I will go back and see all my friends there ready to help me make more beautiful memories. Thank you Ibero Star for everything you did for me, and everything I took with me from you.

Angel and Yami <3

Room Tip: Ocean View with a tub, very romantic
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Yamileika S
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro.

It's such a pleasure to read that we have accomplished your expectations and have given you the impressive service that we always accustomed. We appreciate a lot your words, which describe exactly the impression we like to leave in every single guest. We shared your comment with those you mentioned.

One more time, thanks for your words. Do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance with your next booking, which we hope to be pretty soon.

Best Regards,

Quality Online Manager
IBEROSTAR Dominican Republic

Write a ReviewReviews (10,135)

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed it so much we made return visit to this all-inclusive.

Ocean Front room again. Nice!

This was our 2nd consecutive year to visit in August and we stayed the last week before the renovation. Last August was not busy and we almost had the place to ourselves this time.

We were spoiled and had the run of restaurants, bars and pool spots. I wonder what improvements they will make? One month renovating! We were also lucky to miss hurricane Irma that just missed DR this week. Glad to see they missed the brunt of it.

Played two rounds of golf at the resort course and they had the back nine closed. Didn't know that until I arrived . Played the front nine 4 times over two days and like the resort, peeps were sparse. Saw 4 other golfers. Food and beer cart always handy. Presidente helps my swing. Who knew? Coffee in clubhouse was $$, which was odd but no biggie.

My wife enjoyed the pools, friendly pool service from Hamlet, and choice of cabana. I enjoyed the cigars and endless cocktails. Cheers!

Restaurants were open and no reservations needed as the guests were much fewer than normal. We ended up at our favorite Japanese steakhouse twice. We finally tried Mamajuanana. Tasty! Cheers again!

Ate SO much lobster! Delicioso!

Did the water spinning, archery, and bingo bingo bingo! Activity staff is fun!

A few small criticisms:
Like I said, spoiled with so few guests but they overdid the butler service. We met no less than three and it was confusing if we needed to request something. Who to ask? Attentive, almost competitive and we ended up re-telling some of the same request as they came around.

Rooms for us northern folk need to be cooler than 20 Celsius (68 but it didn't feel it). We were told that's as cool as it gets. Our Butler got it lower and that helped.

The Billiards room was wayyyy hot. Again, they said that 23 was as cool as possible. Really?

We never could get the Nescafé coffee / espresso thing to work in the room. Either trip. Yes, we had the same exact room. As requested.

We spent a lot of time in the Ocean Front room last year, but this 2nd trip we chilled out in the up front lounge areas and cigar bar and that was an enjoyable experience for us. Entertaining with the talent you have and we even went to the small club on the "boat".

Anyway, recommended this place before and will do again. Can't wait to come back and see all the improvements around the pool and rooms.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jayhawkmike2
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro as your holidays destination.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed the experience despite the points to enhance that you highlighted. We are under renovation right now so the hotel management team will take notes about those aspects to improve in services and accommodation.

Once again, thanks for the comment and we all hope welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

high end resort. great food, really enjoyed the day boat trip, rooms ok, nothing five star but service was some of the best we have experienced. Some of the best nightly entertainment we have been exposed to as well

Stayed: February 2017
5  Thank henrik04
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro. It has been a pleasure welcome you in our property and make the experience enjoyable.

Our entire team hope welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro in February 2017. This was a trip planned with several couples. Unfortunately, the experience started off on the wrong foot. All the couples except my wife and I were placed in appropriate rooms. We had arranged for a swim out suite through our travel agent, but the hotel placed us in a regular room. We were looking forward to the swim out suite because several other couples had them as well. This lead to at least a 2-hour adventure at the front desk involving calls to my travel agent (who produced all the paper work immediately) and reservations out of Miami for the hotel. The onsite hotel management could not make a decision to save their lives. We eventually landed in a swim out suite, but the saga continued well into the next day. The stance of the hotel management was they were doing us a favor - not apologetic for bungling our reservation. For such a beautiful hotel, I was left with a very disappointing experience. We made the best of it with our friends, but I would struggle to recommend this hotel to others based on our experience.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tantczak

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro.

We are so sorry about your uncomfortable experience you have had with us. We would have loved make the stay enjoyable since the beginning, but we had a mistake on your reservation, your agency booked the wrong room type, that's why you had to wait until the necessary changes were made. We apologize for the drawbacks of your experience.

Our team hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and make the experience perfect from the start. If you decide to give us the chance, do not hesitate to contact us in advance.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I want to thank Dany, Yudi, Yissel, Rafael and Jose for their great customer service. IBEROSTAR Bavaro is a true resort. Everything was nice and clean. The staff is so helpful and kind, constantly smiling and asking you if everything okay. My holiday in the DR was exceptional. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Candie2

Dear guest,

Our team will be glad to know that you enjoyed the services they provided you. We have shared your review with those you mentioned. Thanks for pointing the cleanliness.

Once again, thanks for the comment; we will be pleased to welcome you back soon.

IBEROSTAR Dominican Republic

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
5.2 km away
4.3 km away
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
0.4 km away
Iberostar Bavaro Suites

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro? Share your experiences!