“Feb 2017”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 September 2017

high end resort. great food, really enjoyed the day boat trip, rooms ok, nothing five star but service was some of the best we have experienced. Some of the best nightly entertainment we have been exposed to as well

Stayed: February 2017
5  Thank henrik04
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro. It has been a pleasure welcome you in our property and make the experience enjoyable.

Our entire team hope welcome you back soon.

IBEROSTAR Dominican Republic

Write a ReviewReviews (10,146)

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro in February 2017. This was a trip planned with several couples. Unfortunately, the experience started off on the wrong foot. All the couples except my wife and I were placed in appropriate rooms. We had arranged for a swim out suite through our travel agent, but the hotel placed us in a regular room. We were looking forward to the swim out suite because several other couples had them as well. This lead to at least a 2-hour adventure at the front desk involving calls to my travel agent (who produced all the paper work immediately) and reservations out of Miami for the hotel. The onsite hotel management could not make a decision to save their lives. We eventually landed in a swim out suite, but the saga continued well into the next day. The stance of the hotel management was they were doing us a favor - not apologetic for bungling our reservation. For such a beautiful hotel, I was left with a very disappointing experience. We made the best of it with our friends, but I would struggle to recommend this hotel to others based on our experience.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tantczak
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro.

We are so sorry about your uncomfortable experience you have had with us. We would have loved make the stay enjoyable since the beginning, but we had a mistake on your reservation, your agency booked the wrong room type, that's why you had to wait until the necessary changes were made. We apologize for the drawbacks of your experience.

Our team hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and make the experience perfect from the start. If you decide to give us the chance, do not hesitate to contact us in advance.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I want to thank Dany, Yudi, Yissel, Rafael and Jose for their great customer service. IBEROSTAR Bavaro is a true resort. Everything was nice and clean. The staff is so helpful and kind, constantly smiling and asking you if everything okay. My holiday in the DR was exceptional. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Candie2

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro as your holidays destination.

Our team will be glad to know that you enjoyed the services they provided you. We have shared your review with those you mentioned. Thanks for pointing the cleanliness.

Once again, thanks for the comment; we will be pleased to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

So many good thing to write about and so little space. The front desk crew Yuder Kis (Yudi) and Danny were amazing, my original ocean front room was on the first floor I asked if I could get a higher floor, I was told if one came available and one did the very next day and I was informed my new room was ready, a bellhop was at my door ready to move me. The view of my new room was sensational. In the Buffett restaurant a special shout out to MaYeLin she escorted me in on my first day and treated me like family my entire stay. The hospitality and service was truly amazing. I hated to leave. Looking forward to my next visit in 2018. Terry

Room Tip: I like it so much, I have already booked my next trip
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Terry W

Dear guest,

On behalf of the hotel staff of IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro we thank you for choosing us for your holidays.

It's truly pleasant how we, with the high quality of services and facilities we furnish in our property, meet guest's expectations.

It's so rewarding know that your second room was better than the first one and you enjoyed the beautiful view, also makes us happy know that we have delighted you with our professionalism.

Once again, thanks for the rating and for your willingness to return. We are anxious to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

BEST PLACE EVER, LOOK NO MORE!!! If you want to have the most friendly staff, cleanest rooms, delicious food, and the best service.... this is it!! Our butlers Leo and Hernandez were awesome, they were always available if we needed anything and always made sure we were happy and satisfied. Jose' (we nicknamed him smiley)was so sweet, funny, and made the best crepes! Juan was always helping us in the restaurants and Armando made sure that we knew what activities were going on and also taught my daughter and I a few dance steps. (:
I could go on forever here and I wish that I could name everyone because you all made this the best vacation that I have had and I will be back!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sherri E

Dear guest,

We appreciate you have taken part of your time to write a review about your experience in our beautiful property IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro.

On behalf of the hotel staff we thank you for choosing us for celebrate this special occasion in Punta Cana.

We are extremely happy to read how our staff went beyond your expectations to make you and your daughter felt as royalty. Your kind words are an inspiration for all of us to maintain the high standards of services and facilities that we are offering until now. Your comment has been shared especially with those you have mentioned.

We hope to have you again soon in our marvelous hotel and we remain at your disposal in case you need assistance with your next booking.

Warmest regards,

IBEROSTAR Dominican Republic

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
5.2 km away
4.3 km away
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
0.4 km away
Iberostar Bavaro Suites

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro? Share your experiences!