8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
RitzCarlton.comUS$930
TravelocityUS$923
Expedia.comUS$923
Hotels.comUS$923
TripadvisorUS$923
ZenHotels.comUS$948
1,190 results
All reviews personal butler sunset bar the reserve butler service royal villa hong island thai restaurant double king sri trang four seasons private pool biggest bed director of operations private dinner bao andaman sea bubble bath
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2022 via mobile

Amazing beautiful hotel!

Amazing beautiful hotel!
The design, the view, the beach villas, the spa... this hotel is just astonishing.
Everything that the the reviewers wrote is true.
My points to improve: quality of the thai restaurant which could be more wow for a Ritz. The butler service is nice and convenient when you don't stay long in the resort. Having centralised info's about the requests of the guests would be more efficient.
Negative points: hotel far from everything. No real life at a walking distance but if you stay 2 or 3 nights, you don't need to go out from the hotel.
Would definitely come back to the Phula Bay

Room tip: Use grab app to travel to Ao Nang The resort wanted to arrange the trip at 700 bath while I had it for 200 bath on grab...
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2022 via mobile

After seeing the movie Hangover 2 I had to visit this amazing hotel. From the pick up service by transport (they have very friendly drivers with snacks and drinks served) from the hotel until the end of my stay I had a wonderful stay. The room is gorgeous with the biggest bed I ever saw and also an also an outside bath and shower. It looked like a big tastefully decorated suite with the nicest bathroom I ever saw. You also get an very helpful butler. Thanks Natcha! The beach is small and when I stayed not really suitable for swimming but the hotel has a very big swimming pool with an amazing view. Inclusive is a half day tour to Koh Hong island which is highly recommended. Breakfast is the best ever I had in Phuket with also a prosecco. It was also nice to be greeted by arrival by the friendly general manager of the hotel.

Room tip: Make the free tour to Koh Hong island!
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2022

Just came back from a two and half weeks vacation in Thailand. This Ritz Carlton Reserve is the best overall resort/hotel I stayed during my vacation. The other 5 star resort/hotel I stayed this time including Waldorf Astoria Bangkok, Banyan Tree Bangkok, W Koh Samui, RC Koh Samui.

From welcome in Sala Srichan, to in-room check in, to pool and food/beverage service, to transportation service, etc, my whole family was totally satisfied with. All staff are so nice and polite, literally every one we met in resort. Even the gardener, landscaper, cleaning maid, etc, will smile and greeting you and give you the right of the way whenever they see you.

My Butler Mon is very diligent and helpful, she arranged free hotel van send us to dinner at local restaurant on last night without our asking.

We appreciated that we got a room upgrade even without asking. The room is very unique designed in good way. Very impressed by ultra high ceiling with signature skylights in almost every space.

The resort was very quite but the staff’s working are very efficient, anytime we call a buggy, it comes in 3 minutes except once we called at the pool restaurant, it came too late so we decide walk back to our room and met the buggy on our we back. That’s the only time.

We had a dinner in Jampoon, ordered Seafood Platter. It is huge and delicious. It could feed more than two persons.

The food at the Plai Fah, pool side restaurant is very good too. The TomYum wood oven pizza and Phad Kaprao Gai are must try. Mas and Alif gave the best service not only for the food and beverage, and also for the day bed and loungers setup.

Our driver of the hotel VIP van to Phuket Airport was as nice as all other staffs, not just carry all our luggage on and off, also get the cart for us at the airport.

We booked complimentary Hong Island half day trip. It is a very nice touch by the resort. There is a 360 degree viewing platform on top of the island, you could see almost all beautiful islands in Phang Nga bay and Krabi. The beach on island has very fine sand and very beautiful. Resort arranged one staff accompanied us and helped carry all towels and waters along the way, and even our own beach bag. Perfect service and sorry about didn’t ask for his name.

Overall,as one of five only Ritz Carlton Reserve property’s, Phulay Bay is the best resort I ever stayed in Thailand with no doubt. You won’t be disappointed.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Liang H
Reviewed 25 July 2022 via mobile

To be a RC Reserve and charge such a high premium you must be sure that you deliver value for that money which in many cases have short .
The breakfast is definitely a 4 star one. Even competing with Renaissance Phuket this RCR does not get to level.
Very mediocre selection of items and not even a coffee kettle like other 5 star hotels do.
Tune down gift , better save it and remind house keeping that oil essence burner is part of it .
Minibar wzout any single piece of chocolate is a crime !
And above all , how can enjoy a Reserve when u allow little kids in the property ruining and shouting and disturbing everyone who is not his own family .
Sorry but the pretty villa and the nice view is not enough .

Room tip: Villa on the beach is very noise in the morning with the local boats
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veritas-2146
Vidya Sagar, Other at Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2022

Dear Veritas-2146,

We appreciate the time that you have taken in sharing the feedback of your stay at Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.

I have noted your comments on the breakfast , minibar , turn down experience. Rest assured your feedback is taken seriously and I will personally review it with my team .

Thank you for your comments which will help us improve as we strive to deliver the best service and facilities.

Once again, please accept our apologies and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back with a seamless stay.

Vidya Sagar

Reviewed 6 July 2022

I rarely write a review, as never have the time. However, my wife and I were compelled to provide this update given such an amazing experience for our 35+ years together and this being a rare experience for us. We have travelled just about everywhere on the planet and stayed at some of the finest properties along the way; this by far was a hidden, unparalleled and relaxing couple's vacation.

Yes, the property is unique and world-class architecture but the primary reason for this review was the service. Non-stop attention to detail from the daily change of flowers in the room to watching what foods we favored and then customizing special dishes at dinner to fit our palette (without asking!). We never waiting around anywhere, always someone available to deliver us to the next venue irrespective if it was on property or off. If off, as an example, the staff would phone ahead to a restaurant and when we arrived the greeter would note, "Are you the guests from Phulay Bay? Welcome...". Then, treat us like royalty. How do you top?

The linens, soaps, etc in our suite were changed and cleaning attended each time we left the room with small surprises left around the room (and not just the folded towel animals) to make us feel even that much more special. It's like they know?

We would like to recognize a few persons which made this trip remarkable: our butler Seed who was just an amazing person and the resort Manager Mr. Sagar. I can't recall any visit, and that includes to many Ritz Carton locations, where the Manager is actively and visibly attending to all operations of the resort and making sure all guests are having an exceptional visit. Literally, he was everywhere on this 52-acre property. We would arrive by boat in the evening after visiting the islands or wake up late to have breakfast - he was there with a smile and wanting to know what more could be done each time to make our day extra special. Everyone was on their "A' game.

No negatives whatsoever, none. Oh, and did I mention they have an amazing swim up bar, never had a concern about mosquitos - well controlled, the on-property Thai food was among the freshest we ate on our trip, best couples massage EVER at their spa (loved it!) and the floral drawn bath was a work of art.

There's so much more I could write about...Stay here and you will not be disappointed. We are looking into a return trip with our entire family. Love this place...

Room tip: Royal Villa 31
Date of stay: June 2022
2  Thank RayK_family

Dear RayK_family,

We are grateful for the time that you took to share this extensive review of your stay at Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.

I am extremely delighted to read about your experiences right from the time of your arrival at our resort to the time you continued your journey to the next place. Your detailed insights gives valuable information about our services and we are thankful for your comments. Indeed Khun Seed is one of our star butlers and he is happy to hear all your wonderful comments.

On a personal note, Thank you for writing about me. At Phulay bay - a Ritz Carlton reserve, we pride ourselves for providing exceptional personalized service and I am glad we are able to fulfil that commitment.

Our ladies and gentlemen would be extremely happy to hear your feedback on Pool Service, Housekeeping , Spa and the exceptional food.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again and are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best Wishes,