See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My father and I had to travel back to Missouri to see my grandmother. I was lucky to find this place on trip advisor because Ms. Pace does not advertise. Every room had its own simple spark. It was bought in 1989. Ms. Pace renovated this old treasure into a cross between Victorian and Shabby Chic décor of antiques and modern charm. We were the only guest because she does not rent to more than a few at a time. She had breakfast with us in the morning, before going to her duties as mayor of the little town and then we met her up at the convalescent hospital where she was advising a play put on by the school for the patients where my grandmother is staying at. This was a short and wonderful trip with Ms. Pace making it all the better.

Room tip: Call a far enough ahead because she doesn't like more than one group at a time.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank OntheRoad404
Reviewed 4 August 2012

While my daughter and her husband were in Missouri, visiting from New York, we planned a road trip with our first night destination at the Roseland Bed & Breakfast in Mammoth Springs, Arkansas. This nicely restored, historical house is an excellent value at only $52 per night per room. It has four rooms, but we had the whole place to ourselves. The Inn Keeper, Mrs. Pace did an excellent job of restoring the house with original trim, doors, and decor. The rooms were adequate, although I would have preferred large beds - we had a queen. In the morning, Mrs. Pace made us a nice breakfast and ate with us, while filling us in on the history of the house, which was once owned by a man who not only owned the hardware store in Mammoth Springs, but he also served on the town council, the school board and was the town Undertaker. We can have the whole four bedroom house to ourselves, using every bedroom for a larger family gathering for just over $200 per night, which will make for an affordable weekend family trip to the area for canoeing the Spring River. I highly recommend it.

Room tip: Plan a road trip from Springfield, Missouri and stop to visit the Laura Ingalls Wilder House and Museum in Mansfield, MO and then stop at the Rockbridge Trout Ranch for a late lunch or early dinner before driving through a section of the Mark Twain National Forest on your way to Mammoth Springs and the Roseland Bed & Breakfast.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BEHS75
Reviewed 28 October 2008

I've stayed at Roseland on several occasions, since Mrs. Pace brought the property back to nearly original condition. The area is excellent for a multiple of things, relaxation being one of those things that is easily experienced while staying at Roseland. In my multiple stays, never had a problem, Mrs. Pace is most attentive to those who stay here, (as most know, Mrs. Pace is currently the Mayor of Mammoth Springs and as such is most attentive to those who stay and or pass through). Great place where I stay as often as possible.

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dicksenior
Reviewed 4 March 2005

Roseland Inn was a joyful, informative, relaxing experience. Small town atmosphere and exilerating conversation from the owner/mayor and long time resident of the area.

Date of stay: January 2000