We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sosua
Casa Serena Guest House
Ranked #6 of 33 Sosua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2012

What a great property and host! My partner and I were blown away by the incredible service, the property is quiet and relaxing.

I can't wait to go back - and hopefully if buy the place if ever on sale and I can afford it :)

Room Tip: Room by the pool is perfect,
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RealEstateToronto

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I just had to add to my wife's review below and thank Richard for turning us both onto B&Bs... I honestly can't see myself ever booking a 'hotel room' again.

This was my first experience staying at a B&B and we stayed almost a week here in Jan. 2011 for a quick vacation. When we travelled across Europe in the summer for six weeks later in '11 we ONLY looked at B&Bs because of our wonderful experience at Casa Serena.

To begin, you could not ask for more in a host, and you'll find Richard and his family of dogs make you feel right at home. Forget Frommers or Rick Steve's guides... chat with Richard over breakfast and you"ll hit all the best sights and restaurants and get great tips as well.

My main concern when booking was the distance from town... forget it, you'll be extatic you aren't staying closer come nightfall when the music gets turned up on the main strip. The walk into town is a short 15 min and a great chance to check out the local neighborhood. We hiked it every day, often twice.

Can't miss attractions:
1 - King Mundo museum.... just go and don't research it before you do. Trust me on this.
2 - Thai restaurant near Casa Serena
3 - Sosua beach... we went South to Cabarete, North to Puerto Plata.. Sosua beach was by FAR the best. Pay for a beach chair and relax the day away.

Enjoy... can't wait to book a return trip!

Room Tip: The 'excellent' fitness center was the walk into and back from town. Either room is amazing...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ArthurBrunn
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here in January of 2011. We had just been married and were looking for a quick week away! This place was perfect.

Richard has an amazing B&B! He keeps the place in excellent condition. We stayed in the ground room and the top room with a view. Richard was an amazing host, he had great tips on what to see and do. He told us about a Thai restaurant up the hill that was spectacular, he made the reservation, dropped us off and picked us up. He is such a great person. Please take the time to get to know him! Breakfast was beautiful and very yummy.

I was too scared to ride the motorcycle taxis so we walked into town everyday and walked home. It was roughly 15-20 minutes to walk. But a great time to chat and meet all the street dogs!

We highly recommend staying here! It was very peaceful and relaxing! We would definitely come back to stay again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful! We liked the ground room the best because we enjoyed our morning and ev...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Wonderful B&B in a nice residential area in the hills above Sosua. Spotless, comfortable, nicely but simply decorated. Lovely pool and patio areas, and garden. Richard was a great host and went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. It was fun talking with him. Breakfasts were large and very good I never needed lunch. Very comfortable bed, nice linens, screens on the windows (there was a nice breeze, which made air conditioning unnecessary). I was in the turret room - large, bright and airy with great views.

Be aware that you are a bit far from town and the beaches, but if you don't have a car, it is easy to flag down a "moto" (taxi scooter) on the road for a ride in (about $30 pesos) and there are always plenty of them in town.

The neighborhood is generally quiet, allowing you to hear frogs and birds, but one night there was live music from a resort nearby and a neighbor played music loudly one day and evening. But all was quiet by 10 or 11 pm and most of the time it was nicely quiet.

The family dogs were great.

Be sure to ask Richard about the Thai restaurant further up the hill. It was great (see separate review) and he took me up and collected me afterwards.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Rorinho
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We had a 2 week stay at the beautiful "Casa Serena Guesthouse" in June. Richard's hospitality was truly amazing...he made us feel at home as soon as we entered the property.We booked the "turret room",which has it's own private balcony,with great views across the surrounding area. It was great relaxing at the side of the swimming pool for a couple of hours,before taking a lazy 15-20 minute stroll into the town of Sosua and the beach. We booked a couple of organized day trips,one of which was snorkeling on "Paradise Island"... it was such a beautiful experience. We enjoyed our little chats with Richard,who advised us on how to get the best from our holiday. Would we go again ? YES ! Thank You so much Richard...for the memories !

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple