“Don't miss this! Highlight of our Trip!”

Monkey Jungle and Zip Line Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$90.00*
and up
Monkey Jungle and Zipline Adventure from Puerto Plata
Ranked #1 of 15 Outdoor Activities in Sosua
More attraction details
Owner description: Monkey Jungle is located between Sosua and Cabarete, just 9 km up El Choco Road. It is the home to almost 30 squirrel and capuchin monkeys and includes a 7 station 4500 foot ACCT certified zip line. Enjoy the breathtaking view spanning over 290 acre working farm and the home of the free Monkey Jungle medical/dental clinic.Profits from the Monkey Jungle and Zip Line Adventures is used to fund the free on site clinics. Check out why we have been listed as number one on Trip Advisor since we opened in 2010. Reservations recommended and ages 2 to 89 have participated. Zip Line Adventures caters to guests with special needs.
Lake Tapawingo, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Don't miss this! Highlight of our Trip!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This was an awesome trip - even though it rained the whole time. The ziplines are very safe (us and canadian standards) and the people that run it are great. The proceeds go to fund a medical/dental services for the people in the valley. Very well put together operation - they do not advertise - only word of mouth! If you want to zipline - this is the place. My 8 year old wanted to go, but is rather cautious - they made him feel very comfortable - he went by himself on the slower ones, and one of the guides took him on the faster ones! He loved it! My husband and I both let go and hung upside down like a monkey (we are in our 50's)!! Fun for all ages - and then you get to see the monkeys and feed them - AWESOME - even in the pouring down rain!!

1 Thank WCZ

Phoenix, Arizona
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“It's like climbing the tree with the monkeys”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

the day was perfect for all of us from 4 yo to 40 yo. The monkey crawled right on my girlfriend's head to get the fruit and the guides were encouraging for the zip lines

1 Thank Russellquack
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Ziplining and monkey? Heck yes!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was really excited to zip line on my vacation to the DR March 18-25th 2012. I booked the excursion through my hotel and wasn't disappointed. The value for $80 US for the day included ziplining and entering the monkey jungle where I was able to feed the monkeys that jump all over you!

It poured with rain all day, but that honestly just made it more fun!

The owners were lovely, the wife even lent me a shirt because she could see I was cold.

I loved hearing that all proceeds go to supporting the medical clinic run there for the locals.

The property was well maintained to North American standards. Staff were knowledgeable and fun.

If you want to zipline, I highly reccommend this place

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great. Experience that leaves you feeling good”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I was pleasantly surprised. As soon a we As soon as we arrived at Monkey Jungle I felt this was going to be a good experience. Just by looking at the place you could see it was run with care and well thought out. The facilities are very nice, clean and well maintained. The money you spend for the Zip lining is reasonable and cheaper than other similar tours. The best part is, it all goes to a good cause. This place is run for a charity.
The person who started the facility is bigger than life. He started the facility when he retired from building medical buildings in the USA. The place was originally built to supply free medical care to people in need. This is still the focus of the facility. The Zip Lining and the Monkey Jungle where built to help defray the cost of buying supplies for the medical facility. I am told, the medical labour is donated by some retired doctors.
The Monkey jungle is a lot of fun. You have many little squirrel monkeys climbing over you while you are in a large enclosure.
The Zip Lining is mostly log runs and high up. You Zip Line through some beautiful valleys. You feel very safe, but there is certainly a thrill. I went with a large group and everyone had a very good time.
This is a memorable experience and well worth the time and money. It's a good feeling knowing that the money you spend is going toward a good cause.

2 Thank Giggong
Northern Ontario, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great attraction for a good cause”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I was sold on the word monkey.
Jungle also sounded interesting.
Ziplining I sort of forgot to pay attention to.
This is a great attraction and the profits go to a charitable organization that provide dental treatment to people from the Dominican and Haiti, so it's a win-win.
Ziplining was just as described. You zip on a line way up in the air. It was intimidating but after the seven lines I think I'd do it again.
I was sort of under the impression you zipped, so monkeys and zipped again. But it's seven straight lines taking you through 2.2 KM, some of it creatively cut out so you get scared you're going to hit a tree...or a loose cow. Either way it was great. I was definitely scared for most of it, but in hindsight it's really not that bad and it's fully accessible for everyone. You're fully suspended by heavy gear so your only exertion is braking with your one hand - and even that you can have a guide do if you're not up to it.
The guides are very friendly and the pictures they sold us at the end (I think it was $10) turned out great.
The highlights of the day though are the monkeys, who are imported from another country. They're a frenzy of fun and cute and you want to take them home with you (unfortunately customs would likely frown upon that...as would the attraction operators).
I think the best thing of all is the money goes to help locals in need of dental care and I have no doubt that when we go back we'll pay another visit to the Monkey Jungle.

1 Thank Josh J