“PERFECT spot for a Gals' Retreat!”
Review of Natura Cabana Spa

Natura Cabana Spa
Reviewed 20 October 2015

A week of rest, relaxation and fun for 7 old friends to regroup and re-energize! We shared a family cabana which had a small sitting area/kitchenette which served us quite well. And because it was the low season, we practically had the beach all to ourselves!

We each had a spa of some sort - all amazing - and highly recommend treating yourself.

Although all of us Mamas were sans partners and young children on this trip, we all agreed that it would be a perfect place for families - peaceful, self contained (but not stuffy), extremely safe, and a welcoming and beautiful setting. Warm and wonderful hospitality from both the owners and staff.

And surfing at Encuentro Beach is a short 15 minute walk alongside the ocean.

VERY HIGHLY recommend!

There are newer reviews for Natura Cabana Spa

Reviewed 4 January 2015

My group of 8ppl had dinner here 1 evening & it was quite lovely. All outdoor seating with a large bar under a thatched roof. Very cozy & comfortable. Great for groups or romantic for couples. The chef, Nico, was very engaging & kept coming to our table to about the food, the beach just yards away, lunch at the smaller cafe, spa services, etc. He went above & beyond with info. His menu was fantastic! The food came out great & was delicious!

The resort looked quaint with various sized cabanas strewn around with little stone paths connecting everything. We came back during the day to spend a day on their beach which was public but was very private, not touristy and no peddlers trying to sell trinkets. A couple of ppl in our group had massages which were done outside & a couple had wraps done inside the spa which they all enjoyed. $50US for a 50min massage ~ how can't that be enjoyable?

The only negative was the cafe for lunch. There was only 1 woman cooking so lunch took over an hour, but you're also on Caribbean time!

1  Thank Brian P
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My wife and I wanted a relaxed vacation get a way where we weren't always tearing around from place to place sight seeing. Natura Cabana was just the thing. Our uniquely rustic cabana, Piedra was very comfortable and private within a few steps to the beach. We loved falling asleep to the sound of the surf. The beach front is beautiful. Nobody hassles you and the swimming is great. Our only complaint is that the restaurant where dinner is served fell a bit short of a consistent fine dining experience but not bad. We particularly enjoyed the breakfast and lunch restaurant and found the staff to be friendly and very responsive. We would definitely come back.

2  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 27 January 2013

To make an appt you must email, their phone has not worked in a while. I arrived 30 minutes early on the advice of my husband. He had wandered the area over half an hour when he bought the gift certificate. After 40 minutes of following signs that led me through cottages, finding no people except at the restaurant where I was ignored, I found a person who led me to reception area. The person at the desk scolded me for being late. He went so far as to take me to front gate to show me how stupid I was. I left in tears having cancelled the appt. terrible experience. Went back 2 weeks later, had a wonderful 80 minute facial. My friend had a massage appt that started 40 minutes late as the massage person was doing my facial. Knowing only one provider they should not have scheduled my friend knowing her appt would not start at scheduled time. She went to desk 10 minutes before appt time, made sure they knew she was there then was ignored. Services provided by facialist/massage therapist very good however signage and front desk person detract severely from experience.

2  Thank Sherry H