All reviews aqua restaurant infinity pool ex pats great massage hot tub kite surfing full kitchen beautiful ocean hotel is in a great location special thanks bars restaurants mini fridge rooms were very clean air conditioner kitchenette beach mario
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The millenium is relatively new, very clean with a Euro look to it. The kitchen was great with all the amenities we needed. Our room looked out onto the infinity pool and the ocean and we watched the Kite boarders cruising up and down the beach each afternoon. We visited in the off season so the hotel was not super busy but we liked the location as it was just far enough from the center of Cabarete to be slightly more quiet and yet it was very close to the shops and restaurants we visited. It has a Kiteboarding school right on the beach ( Laurel Eastman) which is first class as well. It felt very secure at all times. They have a spa, concierge, pick ups for various tours and secure parking for cars if you're renting. No real problems to report.

Room Tip: Upper floors for better views
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Strdst
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We LOVED Puerto Plato, but this hotel really didn’t have that much to offer. Cleaning crew came once the entire week, the water was brown in our sink and toilet and there were no offered activities or even a dining experience other than an outdoor restaurant that was dead during the evening. Cabarete was super fun at night, and we will probably look for an all inclusive next time we visit. The waitstaff were all super friendly and worked very hard during pool hours (which by the way, the pool closed down super early and there was no hot tub to enjoy at night! Minor, I know, but this place really seemed to miss the small things)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adkventurer
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Hello,
We checked in 2days ago at the Millenium Resort.
It's our second stay in this resort. Unfortunately we are very very disappointed this time. After 5 years the quality of the resort has gone down a lot. Is it a 4.5 star resort?? Really I don't think so this time. There are no basics like lotion,conditioner, tissue. Our bedroom is missing one nightstand so I have to keep my water and phone on the floor. They didn't welcome us with any water or drinks even though they mentioned it at check-in.
Definitely the last time for us to stay at this hotel. Though we love Cabarete, next time we have to look for something new.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anna80nyc
MeghanCIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for the feedback you provided about your stay. I am sorry that the stay did not meet your expectations. We have made changes over the years in efforts to be more environmentally friendly and reduce our carbon footprint, but we still have amenities available for guests upon request, such as bath robes. We no not provide the small bottles of body wash, shampoo, etc, but we do have each shower equipped with dispensers for these. Almost anything a guest would like, we will make sure to provide it to ensure the utmost comfort and satisfaction of our clients. I hope that in the future, if there is anything you need, you will tell the front desk or management.

I am sorry about the confusion regarding your welcome drink. The receptionist that welcomes our guests informs each person to please enjoy their complimentary welcome drink at the bar. Drinks are made fresh to order to your preference, but you do need to go to the bar, just a few steps from the front desk, and tell the bartender the drink you would like. The team will work to see how we can make this process more clear. All guests rooms are stocked with a welcome amenity of water, coffee, and tea selections.

We hope you will enjoy your future holidays in Cabarete. Even if you are not a guest of Millennium, all are welcome to enjoy the restaurant and full-service spa. Have wonderful future travels and please never hesitate to inform the establishment if there is anything you would like to make your stay more comfortable and more enjoyable!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week for 6 nights. The hotel is in a great location just a short walk in either direction to the main beach with excellent restaurants or the other direction to kite beach. The grounds are immaculate, gorgeous, and clean. The rooms are very spacious and modern. An excellent value for the price. I have to mention that we took a very late flight from JFK into Santiago and arrived at the hotel after 6am, completely exhausted. Initially I was told we could not check in at such an early hour. I wish I had gotten the name of the gentleman working the reception at this hour because he was amazing. He checked on a room for us and got us set up to crash for a few hours. He told us to come back down at checkout time (12pm) to switch to our original room and we could decide which we liked better.
Unfortunately, besides the hard workers in the restaurant this is the only instance I can praise any amazing service. I was met with a cold reception (pun/no pun intended?) when I went back down at 12 to switch rooms. The woman didn't even offer a smile. When I explained the situation she said No, I switched the system- you are staying in that room and I have to check with the person in charge if we are going to charge you an extra night. Oookay that is fine but the manner in which she spoke to me was such a turn off. I do have to note they did NOT charge us for the extra night which was so much appreciated. But after that we avoided the reception, except for that same guy who must do the over night shift. Other than him, I did not want to bother the women working during the day. Our in Room (346) safe didn't work, I was told to call the front desk when we were actually in our room to fix it. Ok so go back upstairs and call you, who I just talked to, to send someone up? We let it go and hid our belongings around the room. The AC worked great but dripped water all over the floor from time to time on the very slippery when wet floor. Not just drips either full puddles. Maid service was spotty and at times came after 4pm when we were already back in our room for the afternoon. Water pressure in sinks and showers was pretty bad most of the time as well. This is me being super critical but are the only reasons I'm giving only a 4 rating.
We had a garden view suite and the small terrace did have a nice view of the ocean and the room was spacious enough despite being tucked in a corner behind the elevator. The pool is beautiful but ice cold and there is a hot tub but it was too hot the one time we actually found it to be on. Service at the restaurant is great, they are very friendly and attentive. Breakfast and lunch was good, we never had dinner since there are so many great options in the area. Prices are more expensive than what you will find in town.
We walked the beach to and from town every night in the dark and felt perfectly safe. However you must use your judgement when doing so. There is only one spot that is a little questionable, otherwise lit up most of the way. Keep in mind that this located on a kite surfing beach is it windy but it did not bother us and watching the kite surfers every afternoon was awesome entertainment. As an avid ocean swimmer we had no issues swimming right infront of the resort, it stays pretty shallow several feet out. We travelled as a couple just looking to relax in an off the beaten path manner rather than an all inclusive type setting. It would have been nice to connect with other couples but the entire town seems somewhat cliquey between kite surfers and ex-pats.
Despite the few criticisms, I would absolutely stay here again for the location and condition of the rooms and grounds. Thank you Millennium for a wonderfully relaxing and unique vacation!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alicias761
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I stayed at Millenium at the beginning of February and I have to say the resort exceeded my expectation by a mile. The Bar/Restaurant staff from Newton, Joshue, Michelle, Lukas, Jureys the service was amazing. If i had one reservation about this hotel it would be if you aren't a Kite Surfer the constant 40-50km winds are annoying. I found it uncomfortable to sit by the pool or even on the beach because I felt like I was in a constant wind tunnel. Aside from that service from top to bottom was top notch! If I return to Cabarete at some point I would most definitely stay here.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo