“One of a kind vacation rental experience!”
other travellers have booked this property
Lush tropical garden screens condos from pool
Backyard lush gardens, with gorgeous large pool, thatched roof bar, and condo bldg with 4 condos Welcoming entry hall-a spacious 4' wide for lots of space + excellent air-flow for cool ventilation
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Lush tropical garden screens condos from pool
Dining area of main living space - some guests move this out onto the balcony for el fresco dining
Glass patio doors leading onto sunny balcony with a tropical breeze - overlooking the pool + gardens
GE fridge + stove for convenient food preparation - also beautiful cupboards with dishes + cookware
Kitchen seen from front balcony shows main level and mezzanine level above with 2nd bed + bathrooms
Living room area with patio doors leading to balcony + spiral staircase leading to mezzanine level
Spiral staircase from mezzanine level leads to living room and out to sunny front balcony
Main level bedroom 12' x 13' with double mirrored-doored closet, twin beds + dresser with chair
Gorgeous view from bedroom window overlooks verdant palm treetops outside
Main level bathroom with bathtub + shower offers unlimited hot water in keeping with US standards
2nd bedroom found on large airy 300 sq ft mezzanine with bright dormer window and vaulted ceiling
2nd bathroom off mezzaine bedroom feels light and airy with vaulted ceiling and flow-thru breezes
Tropical vistas of palm trees seen from mezzanine bathroom with large mirrored medicine cabinet
Triple mirred-door closet makes the spacious mezzanine feel double the size
Roomy front balcony where you can relax with a fav book while enjoying the tropical breezes + vistas
Gorgeous large pool is uniformly 5' deep
Round thatched roof bar with mahogany bar tops custom made onsite - looking out at incredible pool
Open-air common area/reception hall with library for our guests and covered seating to enjoy them in
Poolside charcoal BBQ is well used by guests to create gourmet feasts that make such great memories
Miles of golden sand beaches - only 100 meters from your front door stretching miles to east + west
Vecinos beach out front is favored for envigorating beach walks or driftwood treasure hunts
Kiting at Vecinos Beach out front - very convenient 100 m from your front door - why go any further
Secure parking space right next to condo provided
Serene pool nestled surrounded by lush tropical gardens
Lounging chairs invite you to relax poolside with a book or laptop and surf the net
Winding paths lead thru lush gardens past condo balconies
Condo building front overlooks lush green foliage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

scotty121
pincourt
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 15 April 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Where to start is difficult as so much of our 3 months stay was frustrating.
We were in the upper 2 bed 2 bath condo with another couple of friends. They had arrived 2 days prior to my wife and I arrived they were not happy with the condition of the condo. We soon found out why, the condo from the rundown furniture, beds, bedding, towels, cutlery etc were all in need of either replacement or a good cleaning. We spent a couple of days cleaning the apartment and all the bedding and towels which we washed on a regular basis an kept for our own use.
Les the owner lives on the property and tries his best to solve any issues, however there are so many as the property has been let go.
Any maintenance required is carried out when the guests arrive and pay there
dues instead of being carried out prior to there arrival.
The beach access is across the busy main road and either through an overgrown pathway or by going through the condo complex caberete east.
Once you get to the beach there is no shade or loungers and the sea in the area was always too rough to swim.
Why did we not just leave well our friends had already payed and after we cleaned we also payed as we we had payed the owner directly instead of going through an agency there was no way we were getting any money back.
We were assured that there was security in the complex WRONG there Are 4 dogs And 4 cats. (Check U tube les [--])
When you book the impression you get that les is there with his wife Lynda she is living in Canada and has not been there since 2014.
All in all our 3 months stay in this condo was a great disappointment and we found out that if you check around there is accommodation in the area 2 bed 2 bath in much better locations in much better condition for cheaper or similar cost to Vecinos.
I

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
20 Apr 2017
Thank you for your review. We welcome all feedback to help us improve our guests' overall vacation experience, and will take your views into consideration.
Wishing you all the best with your future vacations, here on our beautiful island, or where ever your travels take you ~ cheers!
Steven C
Calgary, Canada
“One of a kind vacation rental experience!”
Reviewed 18 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This condo rental provided pretty much exactly what our family needed for our holiday. We had a good experience with the property and the property manager too. The condo comes with a very well equipped kitchen, good size common area and nice loft and main floor bedroom. It does have AC but to be honest we didn't even try it, keeping windows open was enough, don't know if it works or not. Service is basic, unit was clean when we got it and we were on our own from there but that was just fine. There was WIFI that we could reach, not amazing but did the job for what we needed.
Location was pretty good, we had a rental car which helped get us around the area. Pretty reasonable distance to the Damajaqua waterfalls by car, short walk to the beach (across a pretty busy road). Short drive (but a bit of a long walk) to the restaurants and shops of Cabarete.
Les and Lynda have a great place there and Les was an excellent host for us.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Authenticity of the place, local experience of our host.
JHGomez
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Our expectations were more than met!”
Reviewed 31 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Hello people!

We were a group of 8 adults and 1 kid and we enjoyed each of the three days (two nights) we stayed at Vecinos for Semana Santa 2016 (Easter). First of all it was easy to find the place once in Cabarete. The owner Les, received us in the front door and walked us to our apartment. The yards are spacious and full of tropical plants, which keep all the areas very fresh. The rooms are simple (not luxury) and homely. There's a balcony were the fresh breeze is always flowing. The dorm rooms are wide enough for us to place extra beds and the bathrooms are well equipped. The kitchen is functional for any cooking (we even made some pizza). The table at the dining room wasn't big enough for us all, but we found an extra table and some spare chairs. It was very nice. The place is quiet and the pool is big and clean. I didn't visit the beach but my friends did and liked it. It's very close. We enjoyed also a Flea Market within the installations acquiring good and non expensive stuff. I can say that for the price, we were more than satisfied. I know we'll be visiting again Vecinos in the near future. Thanks to Lynda and Les.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The nature all around the place
Liked least: Wifi Internet could be better
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Lnormand4...
“My awesome vacation at Vecino's”
Reviewed 19 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I loved staying at Vecino's! I was there for 3 weeks over New Year's and into January, and it started to feel like home. I was made to feel welcome the minute I arrived, and Les addressed any small issues as soon as I identified them. Vecino's is not in the centre of Cabarete, but the walk (super healthy walk along the beach) and/or Motoconcho ride (50 pesos!) added to the adventurous feel of my trip. Saturday markets at Vecino's were so much fun, with artisans and vendors from the area as well as Les' amazing breakfast sandwiches and cinnamon rolls. And the dogs and cats were just so friendly. The pool is immaculate, the grounds are beautiful, and the atmosphere is welcoming. We got our fill of coconuts, avocados, bread fruit falling from the trees, amazing! Thank you Les, it was a memorable vacation for me and for my family and friends, one that I will never forget. I miss the sound of your guitar and singing in the evenings, and your friendly "good morning" every day! And the memory of you walking me to the top level of Voy Voy's on New Year's Eve so that I could get a better view - fantastic! It was a great New Year's Eve. In fact, I loved it so much, I might just come back next year! It certainly beat the boredom and protectionism of staying at an all-inclusive resort - Vecinos made me feel like part of the community! Thank you!!!

Large groups People with pets
20 Feb 2016
Lynne fit right in at Vecinos.....either catching a motoconcho into town, meeting other expats at the Saturday Market, or just hanging out by the pool. Was great meeting her son, and later her daughter and boyfriend, then other friends that stayed at the next door condo, and finally another travelling companion for the last week. New Years Eve was certainly a memorable evening as I was singing at the Kahuna Bar and Lynne and her family came to listen and then before midnight we ran next door ,in the rain, to the VoyVOy Bar which was packed full of young party goers from all over the world. Truly a party atmosphere and after awhile no one seemed to notice if it was raining or not. I think my greatest pleasure is meeting so many people from different countries and never having to travel because they all come to stay at Vecinos , either for a few days, a week or a month, or more. By the time Lynne left it really felt like saying goodbye to a friend and I hope she and her family do come back for another stay.... I'll be sure and save a Jumbo BLT just for you. A Friend, Lester
mcphrkrs
baltimore,maryland
“An Appreciation of Differences”
Reviewed 28 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Well we had the pleasure of meeting Les upon arrival and it was a very challenging time getting here due to Jonas the Blizzard on the east coast. Airline lost our luggage for 2 days and we made the most of it. Les made calls and eventually our bags came down from Santiago. Sharing knowledge and our own private guide (Les) made it all worthwhile. Our room was great and although our stay was brief and rainy we enjoyed the mini tours and karaoke. Les we cant thank you enough for sharing your time and knowledge and allowing us to feel welcome. Lynda I cant thank yu enough for answering the many questions I had. I shall return and I feel as if I already have a family member waiting for me. Peace and blessing to you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: not to far from the beach
Large groups
31 Jan 2016
What a great group of ladies.....they all lost their luggage and when they arrived were kind of upset and I was happy to help them out and then bring them into Cabarete for a few drinks and laughs. Took them to karaoke at VoyVoys on Monday and we all had a blast singing Rollin on the River..... I hope Paulette, Mellissa, and Tina make it back again . They were great guests....Thanks....Lester
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing