“Amazing!”
other travellers have booked this property
view from the street Master Bedroom Upstairs
Downstairs Bedroom
Downstairs Bathroom
living room, cable, wifi
Livingroom walk thru
Optional third Bedroom with sleeper sofa
Backyard
Backyard from Terrace
Rayas, our Kitty
backyard hammock
view from backyard
our gate to the beach
Beach access
Sunset from Backyard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Quest7376...
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 25 October 2017 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Casa Costello was a true Dominican experience. The house was a unique oasis. The backyard is literally paradise. The owners (Jim and Angie) are always in contact to make sure your visit is top notch. I was amazed at the caretakers, a Dominican family that wants nothing but to make sure your needs are met....cooking your meals, grocery shopping for you, cleaning, transportation, sightseeing, etc. I felt like they were a part of the family.....amazing, kind, happy, hardworking people. It was such an incredible relaxing holiday we went back for 10 days 6 months later. Unfortunately, our second visit the weather was terrible, with rain and flooding. But, again, the owners and caretakers made sure everything was taken care of for us. If you want a true unique, Dominican experience.....you just found it! Thank you to the Costello's for this slice of heaven. We will definitely be back!!!!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
26 Oct 2017
Monica,

Thanks for being such a great sport during the hundred year flood of 2016. The elderly locals assure us that nothing like that has ever happened before, but we want you to know we've taken some landscaping measures, (just in case.) Thanks for letting us know that the power and wifi back up system remained functional through out. We're glad you had a great time, despite it all.

We love the sea glass collection you started for us. We, as well as our staff, look forward to your next visit!
KelseyL40...
“Best experience in the Dominican republic!”
Reviewed 22 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I just got back to the states from Casa Costello! It was the trip of a lifetime! When they say this is authentic, they mean it! It all starts with the village they live in, the bar, convenient store, and all the houses on the road to casa Costello are owned by one family. Members of this family will be at casa Costello to cook and clean for you for a very small fee, and the rest of the family you will meet as you explore. Every single one of the family members are truly incredible people! To me meeting that family made my trip very authentic I felt as if I was part of the locals. Once you've made it to casa Costello this is where you will have your breathe taken away from the beauty!!! The house is as real as it gets for the saying " beach house " this is it!! But wait, it gets better!!! The master suite, what I would call a bungalow, upstairs is jaw dropping with its tiki style roof, private bath and the veiw of a lifetime!!!(Make sure to check out the photos along with this post) After you've seen the house, you can go up to the cabana by the beach. I spent 75% of my time totally unplug from reality swinging in the hammock drowned in the sound of the waves. It literally doesn't get any better than that in my opinion! I spent alot of time on the beach as well and found a ton of beautiful sea glass, shells, sea grapes, and rocks (if you go to casa costello there are jars of sea glass i contributed to the jars) If you want to do something other than hang on the beach, they have reccomendations at the house and you can also speak to Juan (one of the family members I was speaking of). He will make suggestions and arrange your taxi for you. I suggest first going fishing with Randy Rode. he is right down the road in a place called Rio San Juan and he is an awesome fisherman and soooo friendly, next we took a tour through Rio San Juan by boat through a cave where the water was the most beautiful color blue I've ever seen in my life! On that tour we also saw monuments to the native Dominicans. We had a great local lunch there as well where they brought fresh fish and lobster out on a plate for us to pick what to eat, it was excellent! We also spent a day going in the opposite direction of Rio San Juan to a place that was call cabberate (I think) and we spent the day shopping, eating and drinking on the beach and watching kite surfers! So needless to say there is a ton of other things to do locally but honestly the best part was hanging at casa Costello forgetting about reality! I really have nothing bad to say about casa costello, if your looking for a hotel with no breeze and a crappy view this isn't for you. If your looking for a real deal beach house, sleeping with the breeze of the ocean not a rattling a.c. unit and walk out to the beach and do whatever you want, this is it!!

Management Response
24 Oct 2017
Kelsey,

Thanks for all the positive words! Even though we own the place, it still works its magic on our souls, like every other weary traveler. We're glad you came to see it, and glad to know it did you good. We'll be looking forward to your next visit. ❤
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing