All reviews great ocean complimentary water ocean view local seafood nice hotel night stay comfortable bed family room hotel is located free wifi port lighthouse
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed there for a nite. Room layout is not very friendly. Bathroom is big, with a mid size bathtub. The words on the aircon remote are all in Korean so requested for help to switch from heater to aircon. This place has no happening and once u checked in, u pretty much stay in the room. Outside is extremely quiet but luckily there's a convenient store in the hotel. Very limited staffs too, about 2 person and the morning call is by knocking on your door.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Room is too small. Just for sleep only!

There are too many rooms compared to number of elevators. So it was quite long wait in certain times.

Good view and location.

Many many crab and raw fish restaurant nearby which are all Korean style.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Hyunjae L
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Comfortable stay, they upgraded us to a suite because the room allocated smelt of smoke (they were very apologetic). Food options are very limited, don't expect a full English at breakfast, or even the usual continental, however this is Korea! The rooms were lovely and the view is brilliant, especially at sunset.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We went for 1 night stay before heading to Seoul. Rooms, breakfast and hotel facilities are great (PS: no English was written and we took sometime to understand how all the buttons work)
Lifts in this hotel only may reach to certain floor. Information was not share and not even found in lift. We took a several try to reach our floor. Did went to check with their Receptionist and Front Office, attitude was bad and can't even understand English. Lead us back to lift and left us to settle by ourselves. She is not helpful at all. If you looking for facilities and ambience, it would be a great place. If include service wise, please reconsider.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We stayed at Ramada Sokcho as part of 3 day 2 night family weekend by the ocean. That includes two small children and two adults. Ramada is quite new, right next to the ocean, and I trusted the brand name, those are the reasons that we chose Ramada.

Experience: I expected a new, clean hotel and that is what I got. In terms of service, there was nothing great about it. Perhaps my expectations were too high.

Room: We got a "deluxe family" room with 2 beds. All "deluxe" rooms are the same size, about 23 square meters. With 2 beds, it seems very very small. Since the ocean view rooms have a balcony, it seems even smaller. 80 to 90% of the hotel is the same size room, I guess for economic reasons. We had a challenge walking around the room. Has a shower, but no bath, and sink is outside the bathroom, in the room area itself. It was a strange design.

Location is very good, can't really complain. If you want a beach with sand, then you will need to drive there.

Amenities? Please note there is no indoor pool. I have seen some descriptions where it says there is. There is no indoor pool. There is a "spa" pool, but it's an indoor Korean spa, it is not a pool. They charge 20,000 won for the "spa", but it is not really worth the money. A good view with beach chairs, but an indoor pool would have been much better for this hotel. I have no idea why they those to do this instead of a pool. Very strange. The pictures on the hotel site look nice, but it was very strange. You had to wear swimsuits in the spa, even though you don't swim.

What I liked - location is good. Supermarket, coffee, lots of restaurants (mostly seafood of course).

What I didn't like - small rooms. I kept hitting my foot on the corner, my wife hit her shoulder on the wall because it was so small. Breakfast was not great, better to go out for breakfast.

Overall, I was disappointed. I expected some excitement since it was a new ocean front hotel. I thought they would do more in terms of service, even if it was simply a greeting at the front door. If I had to do it again, I would book a "condo" type of hotel nearby, even if there is no ocean view.

I've stayed in many hotels across Korea. I've had some great stays. This was not one of them. New hotel, bland experience.

Date of stay: August 2016