All reviews the rooftop swimming pool ocean view beautiful hotel winter olympics gym lake facilities lobby sea floor beach
Reviewed 27 April 2018

The staff is friendly and accommodating. The food was very good. I was able to accomplish what I wanted a true winter vacation(Winter Olympic) without worries and enjoying my family. Finally absolutely great view!!!

Room tip: absolutely ocean view and deluxe family twin room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Joon C
Jamie J, 프론트 매니저 at Golden Tulip Skybay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Joon C,

I would like to thank you for choosing Golden Tulip Skybay Gyeongpo Hotel, as your accommodation choice as well as the time taken to share your comments with us.

I am very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

It is certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Golden Tulip Skybay Gyeongpo Hotel.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

5/5 with no doubts!!! A beautiful hotel in a beautiful place! Rooms are spacious, clean, with great beds and nice bathrooms. Breakfasts were excellent and the staff was always friendly and ready to help. I had an amazing sea view, but the view from the other side of the hotel is great as well - it's the lake. It's a shame I was there in February so I couldn't use the rooftop pools. If you want to eat out, there is plenty of restaurants around the hotel and the beach is right next to the hotel. Highly recommended, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at :)

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Agata Z
Jamie J, 프론트 매니저 at Golden Tulip Skybay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Agata Z,

Thank you very much for your feedback on the recent stay with us. I am thrilled to learn that you have enjoyed our facilities and the view.
We strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests through care and I am glad that we were successful on this occasion!
Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We stayed here during the Winter Olympics. Everything shiny and new. Reception staff, porters and concierge very helpful and friendly. Check-in / out very smooth.
Restaurant for dinner lacking a bit of character and the creme brûlée was disappointingly overcooked. The staff at the restaurant were pandering more to the high end customers rather than looking after everyone.
Breakfast has a great selection and the chefs at the egg station were always friendly and smiling.
We overlooked the beach, which had a fantastic view. Trips by taxi to the KTX approx 15 minutes away due to ridiculously slow changing traffic lights! Overall a nice location near to some fish restaurants along the beachfront.
Didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel as made the most of the olympics so can't comment on the facilities such as gym or pool. There is a small shop selling amenities for prices you'd expect in a hotel.
A nice new hotel just needing a few finishing touches.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsCranny25
Jamie J, 프론트 매니저 at Golden Tulip Skybay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Mrs Cranny25,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us through TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read your wonderful feedback regarding our Front Office team. Such feedback is extremely rewarding for our team and I will be sure to share your kind words with teams.
However, I regret to hear that you were disappointed with our food and our quality of service. Please rest assure that we are working on the plan for an improvement of the restaurant service, so that we could provide better experience for our guests.

I appreciate your valuable comments once again and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Built for the just-completed winter games, this hotel is a wonderful 4.5 Star addition to the eastern Korean coast. Among the highlights: a warm and welcoming staff, beautiful gym and pool, very nice dining facilities plus clean/comfortable rooms. Considering how new the venue was, there were few if any issues to be found. It also happens to be very centrally located to all the Olympic venues with the farthest one being a little over an hour away. Overall, we really enjoyed our time there and would highly recommend it.

Tip: rooms on the bay side tend to be smaller and do not have great views. If you can, ask for a room facing the East Sea.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank G3nLondon
Jamie J, 프론트 매니저 at Golden Tulip Skybay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear G3inLondon,

Thank you for taking the time in providing such wonderful feedback from you recent stay with us.
I am pleased to hear of your memorable stay. Your kind comments regarding our dedicated team has been well received and I am delighted to pass it onto my team.

We look forward for your next visit to Golden Tulip Skybay Gyeongpo Hotel.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

looks crazy to have this giants here but its a great hotel
expensive
great service from almost all good english speaking
during the olympics they charged us in the restaurant as we where on Time Squre in NYC but really good t bone steak

i bought a cake for 20 pieces i paid 300 dollar for that hahahahahahah
a comedy but couldn't find a cake anywhere else

reception on the day good in the night so so
great roof top pool area
great small shop inhouse
fabolous location
great open areas 2 stay in the lobby
rooms brilliant

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank swedechef99
Jamie J, 프론트 매니저 at Golden Tulip Skybay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear swedechef99,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service.
It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our F&B department staff.

It was our greatest pleasure to have been able to serve you here and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Thank you very much.