“Nothing Out of the Ordinary”

The Red Bus Mobile Diner
Ranked #92 of 186 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We were there last weekend. It was featured in one of the blogs I read on the internet and I thought it would be great to sample their burgers.

Well, nothing top rate, really. it was not even grilled. They used your usual burger fryer, Burger Machine type. Sure, the patty was thick, but not that thick. And for P200 per burger, the patties better be. Plus their side potatoes looked pitiful. We did not even finish them. Might I suggest just using the frozen fries variety? That would be more palatable.

The decors deserved plus points, though. We did enjoy looking at them. But the food itself, not much to be happy about.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

We were there September 04, Sunday, around 12o'clock for lunch. Our first time to try this diner since I have been reading a lot of good reviews about their burgers. That time, there was only 1 crew, he was in charge of everything, from food preparation, cashier, and a busboy. This would of course, result to long queue of customers. Considering it was a Sunday, they could have planned for a better labor force.
Serving of burger was huge and the taste is good, I agree.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We had burgers, quesadillas and nachos, overall the food was good. However, it took a while for our orders to be complete, since they were understaffed. The space is small and do not expect airconditioning.

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

One of the top 20 restaurant picks in Tagaytay so was pretty excited to try it. Place is cute but everything looked dusty and place smelled moldy. Fiance ordered the 3 cheese burger and I ordered bacon burger as recommended by the waitress. Drinks came first (blue lemonade and red tea) and both cups were filled 2/3 only and that was including the ice. Asked the waitress why it wasn't filled all the way up and she just shrugged and gave a little nervous laugh. Burgers came and his burger only had one cheese. We told the server that they seem to have forgotten the other 2 cheeses of the 3 cheese burger and the cook said that the other 2 cheeses just melted. Ok. We bit into our burgers and both were blah. You'd expect better meat since beef in Tagaytay is quality stuff but the meat they used was too fatty and gamey and the patty was THIN. We've tried cheaper and better burgers (check out Wham Burger or Snack Shack in QC). Total bill was P400+. We grabbed some chips from the grocery store on the way home since we were not really satified or full.

Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

Went here with my wife we walked from our hotel the taal vista it wasn't that far. She heard about this place from friends. Anyways the food was good and very affordable. If you want a good quality burger that doesn't try to be anything but what you expect go here. Also the people sitting next to us said their burritos are really good so maybe one of these days I'll head back and give those a shot. My apologies for the darkness in the photos I didn't want to turn on the flash.