“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #75 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Nice views overlooking the Taal Lake & Volcano. Staff were freindly and helpful. Price was fair, better than other hotels with similar views. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Have breaksfast on the rook terrace overling the volcano
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Tim L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The first night in Tagaytay we stayed at one of those BRAND name hotels and it cost us a US$125. We had a lousy room, bad food and way overpriced with lousy service to boot. So much for brand named hotels!

Then we read about the Royal Taal Inn reviews and almost didn't stay there. We’re glad we didn't listen to those reviews. We stayed at the Royal Taal Inn and really enjoyed ourselves.

The RTI office staff was most helpful and friendly. The rooms overlooked the volcano and we had our own private balcony to enjoy the volcano and lake view. The rooms were clean and neat and it was priced very good.

We're heading back to the Royal Taal Inn our next visit to The Philippines. You should too.

Room Tip: Good price. Ask for the end units, better views at a small extra cost.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Terry P
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I did alot of reading and research when i chose this hotel. Having never been to tagaytay i was hoping to have an incredible experience with my fiance. We had just the opposite. At this point I would put down all of the positive things about the hotel....but seriously other than the view(which you can have at any other tagaytay hotel) there is no positive. It all starts when u arrive. You have to park at the top of the steepest hill I have ever seen and carry your luggage all the way down to your room on very narrow steps. OMG!!!! very dangerous. Then you get to your room and it is so pitiful. I am a big guy and the bed was a thin mattress on a very old bedframe. I tossed and turned all night for 2 nights. The comfort level did not exist in the room. The bathroom was old and dirty the room was the same. The breakfast the next morning was only toast and an egg.....the price being 3300 pesos was twice what it should have been. Like I said, there were many nice hotels in the area with similar views....but far better service and accomodations. The service here was not good either......dragging your bags up that hilll was awful. If you stay here it is your choice......but you have been warned

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank docbitty

Travellers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2011

This Inn claims to be a family run Inn with the guaranteed lowest prices in Tagaytay. They offer a promotion of four night free and another offering 1/2 off 4th night. and discounts if you book seven days in advance.

What I have discovered is the exact opposite. I contacted them on Monday, a week before my departure, but they did not reply. I emailed them again, but they did not reply, I telephoned them, left a voice message but they did not reply and finally four days later, emailed them again, telling them if they did not reply, I would post a notice on all the travel sites about how unprofessional their behavior is.

They could have replied that they did not have accommodations for the days we selected, but their website and several others still lists the rooms available at three times the $38 they posted on their site. What has occurred is that they do not want to make good on their promotion rates, free nights offered or advance booking discounts. Instead they played me for four days. Every other hotel I emailed got back to me within 24, but these people are liars and cheats. If you cannot trust them to apply their low price guarantee, their promotion rates , early booking discounts, then how can you trust them with the room. BEWARE OF THIS RESORT.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family