New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Dominique

Hotel Dominique
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila
“Hotel Dominique a place to Escape and relax”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We checked in last Friday (Sept.30) for one night in this place. The facade looks small but once you get in, you'll be surprised that this is such a big place. They have a pool but the water is so cold, I suggest to install some heater in their pool considering the location of the hotel is in Tagaytay and the weather is cold.

The standard room is good. A queen size bed with a mini Sala. They have personal refrigirator and a small tv. The bathroom is normal, with hot and cold and shower... Although, they can improve their shower since it is only small and only small amount water is going out in the hose.

For the food, they offer the so called free american breakfast. It consists of a basket of breads (1 pc muffin, 2 slices of pesto bread, 2 sliced of banana bread), a choice of juice (Mango flavor taste like Tang Mango juice) or a plate of seasonal fruits (5 small slices of watermelon) and a choice of coffee, tea or hot choco (i love their hot choco!). I was expecting that the free breakfast is buffet so i am somewhat disappointed and I ordered extra food... Corned beef with garlic rice, champorado and scrambled eggs and it cost Php 245 :) For the corned beef, it is not that yummy... I still prefer the corned beef of jollibee :) but it a quite a big serving... For the champorado, it's good... they used cocoa I think or real chocolate powder... It's not the typical ready to mix champorado, so I love it! For the scrambled eggs, it's normal nothing special.

Overall, the place is a great place to stay in Tagaytay and a perfect place to escape and relax :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank The_traveller_1109

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tarlac, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I really feel at home and i want to live there for a long time after I got the experience of staying . The place was so great!. Love the warm welcome of the hotel Staff.Overall I would classify my stay at Hotel Dominique as very pleasant, quiet and comfortable. Definitely going back when we plan again at tagaytay :)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank LoverOfMe
Paranaque, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Last Sunday, me and my friends went to Hotel Dominique to be away in a city that is full of nosie to relax and recharge our body and minds. This place is so beautiful and ideal place to rest and enjoy vacations, Facilities are good. The staffs are so friendly and approachable, I really Enjoyed my stay in your Hotel :) Thank you so much.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank Aria M
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

The facade of the hotel looks so small from the outside but when my boyfriend and I went inside the facilities, we were surprised. It was huge, there were house-type rooms that can accommodate families. Since we were just a couple checking in, we got the deluxe type room. For the price and for the location, it was perfect for us. The swimming pool looked so cold but we actually tried swimming at night, it wasn't freezing!! The staff were always smiling and courteous. The food was cheap. Overall, the experience was a true delight. We will definitely go back again. Thanks for the great holiday. :-)

Room Tip: No need for an a/c at night. The weather was cold. :-)
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank fr3ak-a-zoid
asia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We were booked here for a corporate outing / family fun day. We stayed at the Casita room with an attic. The price of an overnight stay at the Casita room with attic is on the average. The rooms were clean. A plus was that the attic had another shower and bath while the lower level had a tub and bath. Beds were comfortable. Sheets were clean. The upper and lower levels each had its own TV set. A mini fridge was available for use. Complimentary bottled water, toothbrush sets, liquid soap and shampoo (in dispenser) were provided for. The room could comfortable fit 5-6. The funny thing was that 6 bottles of water and 6 toothbrush sets were provided for and yet there were only 4 towels provided for in the room. Extra towels were available with a fee (P50.00). I noticed that anything else extra had a fee (blankets, sheets, pillows and even a hairdryer).

The downside: the room had poor lighting. It was just too dark and gloomy. Since the casitas were designed the be able to conjoin two units. You could very well hear your next door neighbor through the paper thin walls. Unfortunately for us, our neighbor had a nagging mama and young kids. At 5.30 AM in the morning, we could here every word they said.

The company that set up the outing probably got a package with meals included. The food was --- edible. If you're hungry then you'll be thankful that there was food on the table. That's all I can say. At least the coffee was good barako coffee. The hotel had several function areas which would be good for conventions and student or church camps IF they improved their menu I guess.

The pool was small but clean. Nothing about the pool will entice you to swim. I think the hotel had a game room with a pool table but I did not bother to check it out.

I wouldn't mind staying here again if I had to attend a convention or outing here again but I wouldn't book this place for my family if I had a choice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family