“Not very much impress...”

One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
San Fernando, Philippines
“Not very much impress...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I wasn't impress with this hotel, lack of coordination among hotel staff, no first aid kit, even basic electrical gadgets are not available..

Bills are not explain properly, front desk does not give OR for the hotel billings, or maybe they don't know how to explain how bills were incur, I suggest they put at least room attendants/room service station for every floors, reaction time when asking for room service is so slow..

Appear to be clean, so far not so good...

ECopP

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank rick c
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
dear "rick c",

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

first and foremost thank you for recently being our guests. more importantly for sharing with us and the followers on tripadvisor .com . we very much value our guest comments as it serves as a stepping stone to getting better. and before anything else, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience the front desk caused you. the issues have been discussed with our front office management team and you can be assured of better service not just on your next visit but for all other guests patronizing our hotel. in the future please do not hesitate to contact our reservation office directly at reservations@onetagaytayplace.com.

yours in service,
karl velhagen
gm@onetagaytayplace.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Muntinlupa, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Metro Manila's pollution index soars to stratospheric levels when its populace lit up firecrackers to welcome the New Year! While colorful and dazzling, the allergies and respiratory illnesses New Year's revelry spawns drives us to friendlier climes. What better day than to drive up to Tagaytay and not be caught up in the igloo of smog the morning after! Agoda's weekly invitations to try out the discounted rates of hotels got the better of us and ensnared my wife and I to book one bedroom suite at One Tagaytay. Booking online was a breeze: in a huff $180.50 was swiped off my Master Card! When we checked in, I discovered that such rate was not discounted at all. It was the rack rate! To compound it, we never got to enjoy the Philippine Senior Citizen's 20% Discount and 12% VAT-free privilege. So for all Philippine Senior Citizen Cardholders, be warned: online bookings do not give discounts!!!

My wife and I checked into a very small but clean room. It reminded us of Japanese hotels in their puniness. The presence of a loveseat qualified the room to be classified as a suite. One step inwards and we reached the bathroom. Another step brought us into the bedroom with a queen sized bed. The beddings and pillows were very clean and fluffy.

The curtains in the "living" area that opens to the terrace are dusty and not easy to draw. They should be cleaned regularly.

Both the living area and bedroom have one flat TV each with cable connections.

The biggest disappointment is the internet connection. It took us half-a-dozen calls and follow ups with Front Desk to get us connected everytime we use the net.

The breakfast buffet was so so. While Tagaytay is best known for its pineapples, papayas and bananas, what was available that New Year's Day morn was not the best. A cup of hot chocolate, as an alternative to coffee, tasted like a plain 3-in1! The egg station was located at the opposite side of the hall, away from the buffet.

Checking out and cleaning up our things, we could not locate laundry bags. Looking for a bell boy to bring out our things took a while, we had to bring out our luggages ourselves.

Overall, we will still return to One Tagaytay but not at USD180.50!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank poromac
Marikina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

The hotel is simple, tall structure which looks condo-type. The rooms are small and okay for 2 persons, clean and decorated nicely. I dislike the cramped and small bath and shower room.

The service is very good, the hotel people are friendly and accommodating. The view from the conference room is not much of a looker but if you want good photos, make sure you visit the pool area which overlooks a particular place in Tagaytay. The view here is very nice, we did not bother dipping in the pool as the air up there was specially chilling.

Adjacent to the conference room is a gym which I think guests can freely use too. There's also a nice bar beside the conference room which looks cozy for guests.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank marikenya
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

This is a modern hotel a little far from the Tagaytay center unless you have a car.
Lot of parking available inside the hotel premises, so you can be sure that no damage will be done.

Restaurant in the hotel is not so good and the spa gave us bad service.
I was left on the massage table many many times alone as the masseuse were also answering the spa phone and texting with her own phone. Well the general manager of the place, German guy, offered us some discounts for the next time.

Breakfast buffet was ok, but for international taste maybe not a lot of choices.
Internet WIFI in the rooms were pretty much useless due to bad cignal.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter H
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

My wife and I and a couple of friends had to attend a wedding at Tagaytay and since it was a dinner reception, we decided to just find a place to stay than drive home late at night. My wife was considering One Tagaytay Place and since my brother recommended it also, we decided to try the place out, also it is also a stone throw away from the wedding reception.

I really liked the location since it is easy to find and very near the heart of the action (the restaurants and taal volcano) of Tagaytay. When we arrived, I dropped off everybody at the main door/lobby while I go park the car. Sadly, the way from the parking to the hotel is not shaded (there was little rain and the wind was quite strong at that time because there was a typhoon) so my umbrella was destroyed by the strong wind and I was wet when I arrived at the hotel.

We got little help in carrying our bags and we had to wait for our turn to check-in. (it looked like we ran into their busy hour because there were a lot of people also waiting for their turns to be checked-in) When our turn came, check-in was fast since we already called in a month before to reserve. We carried our own bags to our respective rooms. (guess there wasn't enough bellboys to serve the guest traffic)

The room was clean and the size is just right. I requested a queen size bed in advance and I got a queen size bed. There is also a long table, an decent cabinet to hang my clothes, a couch, a bar, and a small refrigerator. The toilet is quite small just enough for a shower, a WC and a sink. As expected, the usual towels, soap, shampoo, tissue paper and toothbrushes were there.

There is also a swimming pool, a game room, and body and foot massage services, all which we had no chance of visiting/trying because we have to get ready for the wedding. Had to ran through the rain again wearing my suit to get the car.

When we came back, I had a nice shower (with water heater) and watched TV (lots of channels) before I went to bed. Whats annoying is that I can somewhat hear the other room talking and whatever noise they were making so I guess the walls are not super soundproof. Nevertheless, I had a good night sleep because the bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was moved to their grand ballroom (the place was packed) We had to wait for a few minutes for the other guests to finish eating and the waiters to clean up the table. The food was satisfactory and there is a wide variety of food to choose from.

Check out was a breeze and just beside the hotel is a store called "Rowena's" where we bought their famous yummy buko pie to take home. Had to run through the rain again to get our ride.

Overall, it was a good stay for me. If you are on a tight budget and like convenience, this place is a good choice to stay. The staff were all very polite and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again should I need to stay overnight in Tagaytay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends