“Good food in a nice place at the bay”
Review of Kaai 4

Kaai 4
Ranked #8 of 127 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Price range: US$0 - US$3
Cuisines: African
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We got to this restaurant from our backpackers place. This is a very informal and cosy restaurant; you order your food at the counter and they will come bring it at your table. Food was really tasty and typical south african. Portions are quite big.

Downside was that half of our table had to wait very long for their food to come because they seemed to have forgotten the order or something.

Nice place, good food, no service

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went there 3 or 4 times in a raw and i loved it! Staff is nice and the location is awesome. I recommend rice with creamy mussels and the veg sandwich (tomato and cheese). You have to wait a bit after your order but it's worth it

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was my third visit to Kaai 4, but definitely also my last...The first time I ordered their biltong and cheese roosterkoek,having to wait very long for my food I was starving..When the food eventually arrived...no biltong! My second visit I wanted to give it another shot..guess what,I found a hair in my food...sent it back...they said they'll replace it with a new one..waited a few minutes, before changing my mind..I was just too disgusted!!!! Walked to the kitchen area to tell them I changed my mind, where I overheard the waiter say to the kitchen staff, "just take out the hair,we dont want to waste food"...What the hell????As if I couldnt take it out myself and continue eating?? Went back yesterday, dont know why!!...waited 2 flippin hours for our food!!!...Just to see its totally cremated, sent it back....waited another 30minutes for a new one...also burnt!!...Its really sad that a place with such great view and potential is managed so poorly!!
I will defnitely not recommend Kaai 4, especially if you're hungry..I strongly suggest you eat before you go!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

You have to try the lambpot with samp and roasted bread. Its a very nice place, I strongly recomind it. Is not expensive and the food is delicious.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely evening here and would say to everyone give it a go..
Outside Braai with stunning views of the bay
We will be back on our next trip