the positives: beautiful beaches (i believe we were lucky about the sea not being too rough), attentive staff, butler service is good, golf cartes are helpful, turtles are beautiful.
the negatives: tired rooms, tired common areas, only average food (nowhere close to Aman quality), outdated technology (wifi, electric plugs,etc.). millipedes (see below)
if you are paying 5.000 euros per day for a family of 4, i do not believe that a resort can have the luxury of having the above negatives.
biggest problem that my family has encountered were the millipedes in the island. this is no joke nor exaggeration. i am aware that this comes as part of a package within this eco island however one may not want to see 10s of millipedes per day within his/her villa and we did every single day we were at fregate. seeing them in the middle of the night in the bedroom was very tough for my 9 and 6 yr olds and they basicaly did not like the island because of this. one may be ok with millipedes but if you are not, this place is not for you.
lastly: because of the millipedes and the lizards, etc, we wanted to leave 2 days early (shortening our stay from 6 to 4 nights) and received very opportunistic/unreasonable response from mgmt. in these cases i do not care what the agreement/disclaimer writes. i care about the reality: the fact was that only 3 or 4 of the 16 rooms were occupied therefore us leaving 2 days early did not result in any missed opportunity to the hotel. the manager told me that they will only refund 10% of the total pmt for the unused nights to me. i asked back for at least 15% as 15% of room rate was already taken from me as service charge and i at least wanted to get that part back for the days i was not going to stay and receive no service!!! however, my butler replied to me that the manager's final decision was to refund 10%. this was a joke. it really was an opportunistic approach by the hotel not sympathizing with the guest whatsoever. never make your reservations for too long to this place if you have any chance to shorten your stay. your pmts to this place goes down the drain. you can always lengthen it as it does not necessariy have high occupancy (ie last week).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fregate Island Private is a secluded paradise, 4 degrees south of the equator and 35 miles off Seychelles' Mahe coast. Guests will discover the castaway idyll of their dreams amidst relaxed luxury. Fregate Island Private boasts 16 luxurious Villas, each perched over rocks looking towards the sea, and naturally isolated from one another. Interior architecture is simple and elegant, faithfully reflecting a colonial architectural heritage. The master bedroom, the dining and living rooms have heavenly views. Outside, an infinity pool seemingly spills into the exotic blue of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Fregate Island Private reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fregate Island Private Hotel Frigate Island
- Fregate Island Private Frigate
- Fregate Island Private Seychelles