“Dirty Handler” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scottish Inns Jonesboro

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Scottish Inns Jonesboro
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Konawa, Ok
“Dirty Handler”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

My husband stayed in this motel while away for work. When we went to stay with him, we found that the maid (and Indian man) leaves (cheetos??) finger prints on the clean towels that he replaced our dirty ones with every day. The floors were nasty, bathroom was filthy and had cigarette burns in a non smoking room, even found ashes in the corner... weird. The maid guy stayed in a room in the breezeway and in my opinion was very creepy. I always wondered if he was in our room going through our things while we were gone....

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Chelleshokd

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2008

This motel has a severe roach problem. Walls were dirty and stained. Towels and bedding were ripped and stained. Room had a moldy smell. The shower and toilet were filthy. No cleaning going on in this motel. The most upsetting of all was the amount of roaches. During the night, my husband woke up due to a roach running across his face...Yikes.
OWNER: For the amount of money I paid, one would think you would provide a CLEAN room without roaches!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — roach problem.....dirty motel
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank customer22

Travellers are raving about these Jonesboro hotels

Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2006

I've stayed in Jonesboro previously on business at the Holdiay Inn. This summer I was booked in by someone else. When I arrived they took me to the Scottish Inn, that's where most of the pilots were staying. I was apprehensive but it was late. I couldn't smell any curry in the lobby and the relief I felt with a white woman at the desk was quickly changed when I spotted a calendar for an Indian Grocery Store. My room was pretty pitiful, the formica on the table and other furniture was very badly chipped, the bathroom floor was covered with odd burn marks, the edge of the tub had many cigarette burns there was graffiti on the wall, there where cigarette burns on the top of the TV. The carpet was filthy, the sheets had holes in them, looked like knife slits. The bedspread had many cigarette burns in it, the air conditioner stunk because the drain was plugged. Even the phone came from a motel in Iowa or Nebraska. When you flushed the toilet it would belch air bubbles and water, some times the water would splash out onto the floor. All the redecorating of course meant there was paint on the rusty clothes rack, paint on the wall paper, paint slopped onto everything. I travel a lot, and this motel and Scottish Inns in general are off my list. Planning a trip to Sparta Wisconsin and the review for the one there was less then pleasing.

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere nice
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Chopper_Driver
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2006

I love this site and look quite often. When I realized this hotel, from my town, was listed I thought I better write.
There is nothing really wrong with this place except it is more for workers or locals who pay by the week. These people often live at this hotel for quite some time and treat it like home. If your traveling through your much better off staying at any of our hotels on Phillips Dr.
Baymont Inn, Holiday Inn or Express, Comfort Inn etc. All are fairly new or remodeled and right together.
From a Local

Stayed February 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cordova, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2006

It was a strange place. I'm not saying it was a BAD place but it was odd. First, I found the Scottish Inn listed online but they refused to honor the published rates saying they didn't advertise online. Huh, funny how I found them that way, isn't it?

Second, there was the dumping of car parts in the breezeway. We're sitting there minding our own business when we hear a crash. Look out the window, oh my! That's a car fender! Yep, a car fender next to the Coca-Cola machine. Shortly thereafter, there's a spare tire and what appears to be a tire iron. Huh.

Yes, to say the least it was a bit strange. Next time we'll ask for a room at the back where there is no breezeway for the dumping of car parts.

• Stayed November 2005