“You get what you pay for :(”

Fairview Inn and Suites
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Had to book a room at the last minute and this one popped up on my search. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone even for the price of $54. This was probably one of the worst beds I have ever slept on – it was like laying right on metal springs that squeaked with the slightest movement – very bizarre. The rooms was very outdated and you just felt icky being in there too long. I wish I had brought my own sheets and pillows. The room smelled weird - like they were covering up the smell of smoke.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Carla S

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

On a short notice I received word my nearly 100 year old grandmother passed away in another area of the country (Jonesboro, AR). ... To add to the difficulty of the situation, the family was booked to go on vacation the day following the funeral, so needless to say, we were pretty rushed/unprepared all around - especially as it related to travel arrangements for our small dog (we ended up having to take her along for this first leg of the trip).

Ultimately there were few options in that area to begin with, fewer still that had vacancy (I'm a Marriott rewards member but Fairfield was booked), and a very small handful that would accept our geriatric lap dog --- which I think deserved a hell of a lot better than this hotel/motel (some rooms inside, some rooms outside).

-Upon arrival mgmt seemed to suggest we were trying to sneak the dog in, though I voluntarily offered up the fact we had a small pet ... My wife apparently had said previously we wouldn't have a pet, at a point in time when we thought we would make it to town in time to board her up elsewhere

-We were traveling with my infant son and mentioned that from the beginning - which is why I was all the more disappointed when upon entering the room found it was probably 90 degrees with a small, non-functioning window unit AC unit.

There is no way we could stay in the sweltering heat, in a room that smelled like body odor and cigarettes (in a 'non-smoking' room mind you), without carpet, beside a noisy street, w a 1 inch thick door that I couldn't get to lock.

Normally I would have raised hell, but we got to town around 11 PM and were dead tired ... All we wanted was somewhere safe to lay our heads / sleep well, and this place couldn't deliver on the minimum expectation.

We abruptly left - 10 minutes after arrival - and found a room from a cancellation elsewhere (though not ideal itself, much, much, better.) ... I didn't even ask for a refund or haggle with the hotel operators, just left.

This was honestly the worst place I've ever stayed, and the 'Air Conditioning' borders on false advertising.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 27 April 2016

It's hard to review this place, because I'm not sure how to balance the price vs. quality. I chose this place because it was the cheapest place I could find. I'd never stayed in a place this cheap. My only serious complaint was the smell of the shower. It smelled like the worst body odor ever. Other than that, it was actually decent.
The staff was friendly. I interacted with two people at the front desk and they were both friendly and professional. I only saw one ant in my room so it's cleaner than other people described. The bedding was clean, but the mattress was janky. There was a free breakfast that looked decent. I was in a hurry to get to Memphis so I didn't eat breakfast there.
The location was amazing. Close to I-555 and lots of upscale casual dining establishments. I had dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse and drinks later at Buffalo Wild Wings. The area is safe and there is lots to do.
I gave this 4 stars because for the cheapest place in town, it gives you what you pay for. If you want higher quality, pay more and stay somewhere else. But for a $60 a night hotel, I'd come here again.

Room Tip: Get drunk and the smell isn't too bad.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

We are here staying for spring break two of our kids live in this area and we wanted to stay in a hotel with an indoor pool so they have something to do I made the reservation 2 weeks ago and even explained how many people I had just in case I needed to pay extra cause we have a large family they said is was perfectly fine but when I showed up the first man said oh yes it's fine and gave us our room key well we went to go in our room and someone already had their stuff in it so I had to go back down to the office and their was a lady and said I'm sorry what's your name and she said he gave you the wrong key then proceed to ask me if I planned in having a party cause she seen us carrying our baskets of clothes in and seen a lot of people I said no man that was our clothes and we have five kids we're staying for four days she said oh no that's way to many people I said mam I made this reservation two weeks ago I finnaly talked to her into letting us stay but when I first paid for our room I had to leave a 60 deposit witch us understandable but when she made the comment if yall are loud we will have to charge you! I mean come in we are gonna be horrible loud but isn't this what hotels are for family's on vacation to spend time with family it made me really uncomfortable and I'm nervous she's gonna try and pull something where they keep our money when we have already paid almost 300 dollars for our stay it was suppose to be non smoking and there is cigarette Burns on our sheets and on the fridge and there is no cover over the light/ fart fan as we call it lol but tons of lint and dust witch is a fire hazard we leave Wednesday I'm hoping I get my 60 back or I'm throwing a huge fit!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

They said updated, but beds were old and small. Room looked straight out of 1970 and was a bit musty. Room was overall ok, but is far from "updated". Parking was horrible, very little light in areas. A few shady characters in the area, was relieved to not find my truck broken into when I woke up.
Rate on sign said $55/night but was charged $60, not a huge deal though to me since on business. Biggest disappointment was breakfast; I wasn't expecting much for the price, but there wasn't much left when I came down at 715. Just waffles or dry cereal. No fruit, bread or muffins at all, just crumbs. Coffee wasn't drinkable. Spend an extra $10-20 and you'll thank yourself in the morning.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business