“Really Hard to Review This Place”

Fairview Inn and Suites
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Reviewed 27 April 2016

It's hard to review this place, because I'm not sure how to balance the price vs. quality. I chose this place because it was the cheapest place I could find. I'd never stayed in a place this cheap. My only serious complaint was the smell of the shower. It smelled like the worst body odor ever. Other than that, it was actually decent.
The staff was friendly. I interacted with two people at the front desk and they were both friendly and professional. I only saw one ant in my room so it's cleaner than other people described. The bedding was clean, but the mattress was janky. There was a free breakfast that looked decent. I was in a hurry to get to Memphis so I didn't eat breakfast there.
The location was amazing. Close to I-555 and lots of upscale casual dining establishments. I had dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse and drinks later at Buffalo Wild Wings. The area is safe and there is lots to do.
I gave this 4 stars because for the cheapest place in town, it gives you what you pay for. If you want higher quality, pay more and stay somewhere else. But for a $60 a night hotel, I'd come here again.

Room Tip: Get drunk and the smell isn't too bad.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

We are here staying for spring break two of our kids live in this area and we wanted to stay in a hotel with an indoor pool so they have something to do I made the reservation 2 weeks ago and even explained how many people I had just in case I needed to pay extra cause we have a large family they said is was perfectly fine but when I showed up the first man said oh yes it's fine and gave us our room key well we went to go in our room and someone already had their stuff in it so I had to go back down to the office and their was a lady and said I'm sorry what's your name and she said he gave you the wrong key then proceed to ask me if I planned in having a party cause she seen us carrying our baskets of clothes in and seen a lot of people I said no man that was our clothes and we have five kids we're staying for four days she said oh no that's way to many people I said mam I made this reservation two weeks ago I finnaly talked to her into letting us stay but when I first paid for our room I had to leave a 60 deposit witch us understandable but when she made the comment if yall are loud we will have to charge you! I mean come in we are gonna be horrible loud but isn't this what hotels are for family's on vacation to spend time with family it made me really uncomfortable and I'm nervous she's gonna try and pull something where they keep our money when we have already paid almost 300 dollars for our stay it was suppose to be non smoking and there is cigarette Burns on our sheets and on the fridge and there is no cover over the light/ fart fan as we call it lol but tons of lint and dust witch is a fire hazard we leave Wednesday I'm hoping I get my 60 back or I'm throwing a huge fit!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

They said updated, but beds were old and small. Room looked straight out of 1970 and was a bit musty. Room was overall ok, but is far from "updated". Parking was horrible, very little light in areas. A few shady characters in the area, was relieved to not find my truck broken into when I woke up.
Rate on sign said $55/night but was charged $60, not a huge deal though to me since on business. Biggest disappointment was breakfast; I wasn't expecting much for the price, but there wasn't much left when I came down at 715. Just waffles or dry cereal. No fruit, bread or muffins at all, just crumbs. Coffee wasn't drinkable. Spend an extra $10-20 and you'll thank yourself in the morning.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2016

While the rooms are nice, I had to speak to 3 different people at the front desk throughout my stay. While one of them was delightful, one gentleman was very rude, and another one made us move our vehicle (a van with a trailer, parked where the first front desk attendant told us to park) so that another guest, who was very vocal about our vehicles location, complained. It was ridiculous that they let an angry man bully three young adults, doing charity work in the area, into moving their vehicle in the middle of the night when there were plenty of spots available. The man who complained also had a truck with a trailer, and did not move their vehicle, even though their complain was that they couldn't park close to their room. I am unhappy with my stay here.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

When people say that they've stayed in worse - this is that place. Nice staff, it was one person for day and night.
Something on the shower head, I have no idea what it is . I can say, it stayed a great temperature in the room, and the refrigerator worked.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple