See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Excellent service in a good location at a great price! The service staff are very accommodating and will make sure you enjoy your stay with thoughtful hospitality. I've stayed here four times in four years and they remember me each time I return. That's quality service!

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 31 December 2016

I stayed here in January 2016 and the lateness of my review is a reflection of the busy state of life since my trip rather than a reflection upon the hotel.
The staff were incredibly helpful on what was my first trip to Ethiopia. I was visiting for work purposes with some teaching at the nearby University but also explored the local area. The amazing staff here helped me sort out a local mobile phone and number and also gave advice about traveling into town. I felt very safe here even as a lone female traveller and cannot praise the staff members highly enough.
The balcony area allowed me to settle into my stay and watch the comings and goings whilst recovering from my journey.
Occasional power outages are no more than expected. Beds are hard as many say, but easily adapted to. Very clean hotel - super clean and very helpful reception staff and hotel manager too.
I plan to return to Gondar over the next year or so and will definitely reserve a room at this lovely hotel.
Food good and breakfasts very plentiful!

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Was in Gonder for Timket so the city was packed. I found the hotel to be perfect for what we needed. The food was good and the bar worked out just fine. Morning breakfast that was included was above average and was a pleasant surprise.

I will say this...the beds were hard. I mean real hard. Now this is common in Ethiopia and it takes some getting used to across the board. On of my travel companions has a bad back and he loved it. He wants to have one sent to the U.S.

I would 100% stay here again.

Room tip: Get a room with a window
1  Thank jaubrey22
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Hotel clean and fresh, super-hospitable, our room with a good view. A bit out of town, but will help youth shopping, or tours. Food fair and decent price. Good value for money. King-size bed a little too firm but would still go again.

Room tip: Need a front room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Staff is friendly at this hotel, but it is not that great value. Some rooms do not have a window except into the corridor which can be noisy. Rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms, which also had plenty of hot and cold water. Wifi was not working, but is free in the hotel (when it works). Breakfast was not particularly good.

Room tip: Some rooms may have a window - and perhaps even a view. Ask but be prepared to pay more.
Date of stay: October 2015