All reviews staff were helpful injera piazza ethiopia wifi
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Hotel location is good, very close to the monuments. We just stay there for couple of hours before we move to Simien mountain. Rooms are ok, toilet is very small and water leaking. I will not suggest for long stay in this hotel. Their is a restaurant which serves both European and Ethiopian good. Ethiopian food are far better then European. But the price you are going to paying you should not complain.

Room Tip: Room with Balcony are good, with lots of light. Do not go for inside rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2017

I was visiting Gondar for work and stayed at the Quara. The location is convenient but it is right on the Piassa and so it can be loud. Also the wifi was extremely unreliable the whole time I was there so it was difficult to get work done. The breakfast was decent, overall the rooms were fine and the staff were helpful. The big advantage is that Quara is close to restaurants and the castles. Ask for a room away from the street but be aware that those rooms have limited windows.

Room Tip: As above the Piassa rooms can be loud
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately I was very unpleased with my stay. The rooms were not nice, the wifi never worked, many mosquitoes. the girls at the front desk were very unfriendly, except one guy in the evening which was nice.
They run airport shuttle, but as we land we find out shuttle car is broken, of course they did not notice us. So we took a taxi and had to fight for a refund.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I spent two nights at Quara with three friends. We were generally pleased with the new facilities, although one had a leaking pipe in the bathroom and some members of our group felt that they were disturbed by the loudspeakers of the early morning service in a nearby church. The view from our rooms of central and southern Gonder was excellent. The breakfast buffet was good. The restaurant could not always cope with large numbers of guests, but the staff was pleasant and did as much as they could to keep up with demands.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2016

There was definitely an effort to keep the service here to a higher standard. At this price point the room was very good. However the room I was in for a night shares a window with the one below it so it almost feels as though sharing the room with my downstairs neighbors. I could hear everything, (The first time I stayed here I had a different room where this wasn't the case, and it was fairly quiet.)
The wifi can be a bit spotty.
A guarded ATM is on premises from the bank below the hotel.
The terrace is nice to sit on in the evening and enjoy the view. while eating dinner There is also a nice shaded garden area to eat as well.
It was a 10 minute walk from the castles.
Overall I would definitely return here.

I booked a Simien trek here from a guy who I guess worked with the hotel. It was very poorly organized. I had been told a car would be waiting for me at the terminus of my one night 2 day trek. It turned out I had to break off from the group and hike back down alongside the road to the camp where we had overnighted. I had to wait an extra 4 hours for a car to come back up to pick me up. I thought for a while that I had been abandoned.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo