“Good innovation of old hotel in the centre of Gonder”
Review of Quara Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gonder
Quara Hotel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Gonder
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I spent two nights at Quara with three friends. We were generally pleased with the new facilities, although one had a leaking pipe in the bathroom and some members of our group felt that they were disturbed by the loudspeakers of the early morning service in a nearby church. The view from our rooms of central and southern Gonder was excellent. The breakfast buffet was good. The restaurant could not always cope with large numbers of guests, but the staff was pleasant and did as much as they could to keep up with demands.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 January 2016

There was definitely an effort to keep the service here to a higher standard. At this price point the room was very good. However the room I was in for a night shares a window with the one below it so it almost feels as though sharing the room with my downstairs neighbors. I could hear everything, (The first time I stayed here I had a different room where this wasn't the case, and it was fairly quiet.)
The wifi can be a bit spotty.
A guarded ATM is on premises from the bank below the hotel.
The terrace is nice to sit on in the evening and enjoy the view. while eating dinner There is also a nice shaded garden area to eat as well.
It was a 10 minute walk from the castles.
Overall I would definitely return here.

I booked a Simien trek here from a guy who I guess worked with the hotel. It was very poorly organized. I had been told a car would be waiting for me at the terminus of my one night 2 day trek. It turned out I had to break off from the group and hike back down alongside the road to the camp where we had overnighted. I had to wait an extra 4 hours for a car to come back up to pick me up. I thought for a while that I had been abandoned.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank NYCentertainment
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

The service was very good as with most hotels in rural ethiopia the showers leave a lot to be desired but we did get hot water and for a 2 night stay is definetely fine.The food was ok we were told it was the best food in town hence we did not venture out. we stayed in a family room the beds sgeets etc.. all very clean.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2015

it has power shortages evey day from 2:00-4:00 and midnight to 6am. noise from the near by nightclubs wakes you up at night but this is common all over ethiopia. don't go to the Royal enclosure, expensive and nothing to see. the restaurant is good and the owner is a great helpful guy

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank natesade
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I got a very big room with views to the inner court, where the restaurant and the bar are located, so it was noisy until they closed at night. Furniture and bed cover were a little bit run-down but nothing to complain about. After having a shower, there was water coming out from under the cubicle for some time but it didn't flood the bathroom! Breakfast buffet was fine, with views to the square. Wifi was working in the room but not at the bar. It's easy to go walking to the castle.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo