Goha Hotel(Gonder)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstaff were helpfulinjerapiazzaethiopiawifi
Reviewed 4 April 2015

The hotel Quara is pretty poor. The rooms are dirty, badly maintained (the shower door fell off when I tried to use the shower ), and the bed And bedding smelt of the many other people who had slept there before. The 6 am mass is also very loud if you don't have to get up at 6 am.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
biniyam w, Manager at Quara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2015

Dear Guest thank you for your review we will always strive to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with our service and products and we use reviews like yours to keep us on the right track.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

We didn't stay here but we went her for dinner twice. I am not so much of a pizza fan but the pizza here was good. The roof top restaurant gave you views of the square while you waiting for your food.

I thought that the staff were helpful and fun. So if you need a place to eat in Gondar you might want to give this a try.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Africache
Reviewed 28 January 2015

I can hardly believe that this is the "best" hotel in town! It is completely run down. The rooms are clean but nothing special. The "hydromassage" shower must be a joke!!! The restaurant offers food in can if I judge our "tomato soup"! The court in the middle of the hotel is very noisy and looks more like a garage. On top of that, there was a Wifi signal but no connection at all!!! Disappointing hotel.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank incahueca
Reviewed 3 January 2015

We stayed one night at this hotel in December 2014. I suspect they must have done some renovations recently. The bedroom was compact, but adequate with clean comfortable beds. There is a TV and a small refrigerator. A small terrace with a view on the piazza. The bathroom was spotless. The shower has a 'massage' feature in it, but beware. The water pressure is low and you probably won't be able to enjoy it. More important, this was one of the few hotels we stayed in where one could mix the hot and cold water properly.
The restaurant has a view on the piazza and the food's quality was good. Breakfast was wonderful. Except for the usual local fare, there was a wide variety of cereals, eggs, etc. Try the avocado juice, sounds unusual, but really recommendable.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank hervecoenen
Reviewed 9 November 2014

I stayed here a couple of years back and wrote a fairly damning review. I didn't stay this time, but did eat in the restaurant and have drinks on the terrace overlooking the piazza a couple of times. It's a great spot for observing people but little has changed since I was last there. The service is terrible - waiting staff just standing there ignoring you - I had to finally ask if we could get menus. And then you're given the impression that you're causing them a huge inconvenience by being there. The quality of the food and juices is poor. I was with a local who didn't even drink his juice - which is saying something.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends