“The BEST Egg Drop Soup ever!”
Review of Casa Mexicana

Casa Mexicana
Ranked #27 of 50 Restaurants in Heber Springs
Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: Chinese, Mexican
Reviewed 5 January 2017

We LOVE to go to Casa Mexicana for egg drop soup! The interesting combination of being able to order either chinese food or mexican food seems odd, but it is quite wonderful! I can please the entire family in one stop!! The owners are so kind and the service is always good.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Family owned and operated Mexican/Chinese restaurant with very good foor and service. Was our weekly go to place for a meal. Their cheese dip is among the very best.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

The tables were dirty and the service was bad . The food was ok, but not great. The salsa was plain . The chips were cold . And I will never go back for sure. The price was a little high but there was only 4 other people in there eating at 7 pm ? That shows u how bad the place is ? The forks dirty. I don't think the health department has looked at this place?

Reviewed 19 November 2015

As far as Mexican restaurants go, this one is good. They have the best stuffed peppers (Chile rellanos) as far as my husband is concerned. I have not tried their Chinese selections but many do.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

We stopped here to eat while passing through town because we love Mexican food and we like trying new places. We were a little thrown off when we walked inside the door and saw all the Asian decor and music. I took a second look at the sign outside to make sure I wasn't mistaken. I wasn't mistaken. The decor and music is definitely Asian, but the menu is Mexican. I guess the restaurant was in the process of being changed over from an Asian restaurant. Anyway, we took a seat and I ordered the lunch special #1 which is a chile relleno, 2 small tacos and guacamole salad. The chile relleno was okay, the tacos were okay (but a little greasy) and the guacamole was so salty that I couldn't eat it. My husband got the fajita chicken nachos and he said that they were good but they would have been better with more vegetables on them. They were more meat and chips than anything else. It is always hard to judge a place on only one visit so I would definitely give them another try. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything to rave over either. The prices were fair and that is always another reason to give them another try. The service from the tall young man that we had was very good. He always had a big smile and seemed eager to help you in anyway that he could. I am sorry that I didn't get his name. We left him a 35% tip to show our appreciation. Don't be afraid to try Casa Mexicana if you are in the area....just overlook the Asian decorations and music if you can. ;-)