“Worst ever, will never EVER go again!”

Hotel Venetur Alba Caracas
Ranked #58 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Nasty rooms, service just knock once and enter into your room without caring if you are or not there, then apologize, but they all do the same,it was not like a one time occurrence. Had to be moved from one room to another because everything was flooded, I called to get the hot water fixed (because you can barely get hot water if you are lucky) and whoever went to my room to fix it flooded the whole room. Coacaraches everywhere the whole building is infested. Only one tower is in service, only two elevators out of 4. It is nasty and it should be close. They sell you the roomd as it shows on google, when it was Hilton, and as it was a star hotel but the fact is that a Motel would be way better.
Our next door neighbors were robbed right there inside the hotel and talking to a taxi driver later, he told me that most likely it was the same hotel's staff who sent whoever robbed them. It was on the "best, lusury suite", from 19 and up floor and it requires you to swipe your card key on two doors prior to get to your room. So, for those who say that a lot of security here, maybe you are reviewing a different hotel.
I have been at other hotels in Caracas and it looks like this people here just work to get your business once and won't care if you go back or not. If you talk to any employee, they are all ashamed and embarrassed of working there, but they have feith that things will change,mostly people who have worked there for20+ years, when it was Hilton.

Stayed: December 2015
2  Thank AlexLoveland_Ohio

Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

I'm not sure what happened to this former Hilton hotel but it is, urgently needing maintenance, please see the list:

Lobby looks old but fancy, anything beyond the front desk is needing urgent Maintenance.

-No wifi beyond the front desk.
-Only one elevator was in service
-The telephone in my room didn't work (some buttons were missing)
-Carpet is really needing maintenance (please change it ASAP)
-Some bulbs are missing and the aisles look creepy (I felt like playing resident evil, it was literally a horror movie)
-Restaurant had a cockroach walking amongst the desserts. Server apologized but kept the desserts in there.
-I ordered salad and got terribly sick, I assume it wasn't properly disinfected... My doctor confirmed I had a parasite commonly found in lettuce....
- Carpet inside the rooms was torn apart and the bellboy apologized for the condition of the place. I guess he saw my face when we entered the room.

I am not sure how this hotel manages to have the five star welcome carpet when in my humble and sincere opinion, does NOT deserve more than 2.

Don't take me wrong, I can see the staff is doing their best, but the place is urgently needing some investment....

Front desk, bell boys and restaurant staff are friendly, they are helpful and supportive...

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jaime L
Reviewed 4 May 2015

First of all, bear in mind that you are in Caracas.

This hotel was taken over by Chavez and co. in the early 00's and was originally a 5* Hilton. Since then it has not been fantastically well preserved - Only two of four lifts work, the décor is tatty in places and the service on the front counter is 100% socialist.

That said, the most expensive rooms work out at about 40/45$ and are huge. Certainly worth the price for (incredibly) hot water, AC and a view over the city. There is also perfectly reasonable WiFi in the main lobby.

The pool area is fine and is clean. The bars are questionable however, with the staff having no idea of how to make even a simple cocktail (Mojito anyone?). Opening a tab will allow you to help yourself to the limited selection of spirits by the pool.

At the pool area, there is a very impressive buffet and they also have unlimited steak/fish which is a nice touch, especially as they cook to your preference. The prices are all very reasonable.

So overall, worth the money, but in desperate need of some refurbishment. But with Venezuela in it's current state, we may have to wait for the next five year plan...

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the park...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 9 September 2014

This is a good hotel to stay at if you are visiting Caracas on business. The hotel security is good and the rooms are nice. There is a good pool area to relax between meetings. You can walk to many nearby locations. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank John E
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

We work and live in Caracas and considered staying in the Alba, because we had to do some major renovation of our own place and since it was our wedding anniversary we considered allowing us some luxury.

Pre reservation worked fairly well and the staff was very friendly. They advised us well and provided all information we asked for, even through it was not too much since we are from here. Knowing the Venetur group, we asked if we could see the rooms first. Without any issues they brought us up as showed the room. Was a room with furniture and style of the 60s. However, we noticed that the bathroom was really modern and had warm water and even a bathtub. Both things are not common in Venezuela. However, the pool was broken, the spa area closed and the wifi was available for free but slow.

The price of 2300 BsF is ok for tourists but for Venezuelans or people with a similar currency / income, way expensive. In the end, we found that it is not worth it. Just 2 minutes away is hotel Limon, fairly new, just 600 BsF and excellent service and location

Another downside is that that particular area at night is somewhat insecure. So going out in the dark is not recommended. But then again most locations close early anyway, so that's fine.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple