1,172 results
All reviews el recreo nice hotel shopping mall arepas venezuela country attention personnel
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I went on a corporate trip to Caracas; Venezuela. Company made the reservation. I arrived to the hotel 45 minutes short for the check in time. Yes; 45 minutes short. I explained the clerk at the front desk I was coming from a long overseas trip and would like to be let into the room. To my surprise, the clerk and the person in charge (I assume is the manager) ask me to pay an extra day or otherwise I would have to wait 45 minutes to be able to access the room.
I had to wait. To my surprise when enter the room, there were no towels, the room was off dated, appliances old, and the bathroom was leaking water all around.
At the evening I decided to go to the restaurant. Asked for meat; there was no meat. Asked for fish, there was no fish. So, I had to wait patiently for the waiter to go and who knows, fight with the cook to be able to find a reasonable dish to offer.

This hotel and please forbid me, is a garbage hotel. There is no other way to describe it. Management is uneducated. They do not look into your eyes and they have no idea what courtesy is about or means. Management seems to be rude to their own employees and that's why I guess the service and the maintenance of this facilities is so badly poor.

Avoid this hotel and go someplace else. That's my best advise.

Room Tip: Avoid it at all cost.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
DixonBecerra, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Caracas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for giving us your impressions of the service offered during your stay in our hotel.
In response to your observations during your stay, we deeply regret the situation you experienced during the check-in process, we are currently taking corrective action with reception staff and restaurant staff to avoid a similar situation in the future, we also regret not have had the opportunity to correct the incidents presented during your stay; once again we appreciate your comments as they give us the opportunity to improve our services according to your expectations, we are sure that this type of situation will not arise in the future,
We remain at your disposal.
Dixon Becerra.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I love Meliá Caracas! Sabana Grande is such a charming and convenient neighborhood. I really like that Meliá Caracas is connected to El Recreo Shopping Mall - with many international bands -. You don't even need to go outside if you don't want to. The movie theater in El Recreo is great - 4D -.

The Gran Meliá Caracas is a great luxurious hotel located in the Center-East region of the city. The location is wonderful and the service is very good. The taxis are okay.

The front facade of the hotel needs some maintenance though. The Gran Meliá Caracas is as charming as Sabana Grande. Now I understand why many pop stars stay here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel in the city of Caracas-Venezuela.
We are very grateful for your comments. We are sure that all our staff enjoyed attending to your needs as much as you have enjoyed your stay
We remain at your disposal.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

The hotel itself is obviously very nice. However, a lot of things irritated me throughout my stay.

Firstly was the fact I was locked out my day 3 days in a row because I had expensive items in there and the cleaning ladies apparently got scared. Worsening was this fact that I went up and down to reception SIX TIMES to rectify this situation and every time I was made to wait another 10 minutes while they served other clients. This was irritating.

Secondly was the false promise of WiFi throughout the hotel. The only workable internet connection was in the lobby, and that would also cut out for 30 to 45 minutes at a time. The internet in the room was too slow to even load a web page.

Thirdly were the additional charges for the gym. When a hotel advertises gym and leisure facilities, as a guest I don't expect to pay extra for them.

Finally, I tried to take a friend who I have known for years upstairs (not a sexual pursuit) and was told this was not allowed for security reasons. I have never known such a rule to be implemented in a hotel.

Breakfast is OK, staff in the restaurant are very attentive. Room is very comfortable.
Caracas is a very dangerous place right now, be careful and plan ahead before making any visit.

Room Tip: Get a room looking out onto the Francisco Farjado if you want to see protests
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank BenKew
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Considering the country situation, the experience was better than expected, the food was good and the personnel attention was excellent, I will return without any doubt in my coming trips. Please keep the good work

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
DixonBecerra, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Caracas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Guest.

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel in the city of Caracas.
We are very grateful for your comments that reinforce our commitment to continue improving all our services. I am sure that our staff enjoy meeting your needs as much as you enjoy your stay, we look forward to your next visit to the city and to our hotel.

We remain at your disposal and await your next reservation.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Great hotel, next to a decent shopping center and close to cultural attractions. We frequently travel to Caracas on the weekends to see the symphony or visit a museum, and the Gran Melia never disappoints.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
DixonBecerra, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Caracas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Appreciated Mr. Ericin

We are very grateful for your good coments about our hotel. I am sure that all the hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs. We are very grateful for your positive opinion and are at your complete disposal.