1,172 results
All reviews el recreo nice hotel shopping mall arepas venezuela country attention personnel
Reviewed 4 January 2017

The hotel is enormous, great convention centre. Very close to one of the best commercial centres in Caracas called El recreo. This commercial centre has everything you might need. The shops are nice and restaurants are quiet good,

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
DixonBecerra, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Caracas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Client,

Thanks for your comments and for such an excellent rating in this forum, We are very grateful for your good references in relation to our hotel and the El Recreo shopping center. We are at your disposal.

Sincerely

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a classical atmosphere then this is the right place to book. The rooms are big and the accommodations are great. The service is smooth and diligent. The breakfast is very good and they even offer local food like arepas etc.The Hotel is placed next to the Mal Recreo and 200 meters from the subway, the cost of the subway is 3 bolívares 0,30 US! Venezuelans will advised you to avoid the subway because of a general impression of thieves looking for victims there but if you don't carry things of value to the sight you will be able to use the subway without any problems.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
DixonBecerra, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Caracas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Dear client.

We are very grateful to give us a good rating is this forum, Thank you for recommending our hotel hotel to other travelers and for recommending the access facilities that the hotel has to the main means of transport of the city.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed for a couple of nights with my family, it is a beautiful Colonial style hotel in the middle of Caracas, it has though seen better years.
The food is fantastic, the breakfast abundant and with plenty to choose from. The pool is nice and clean and the service is good.
The wifi could be much better it doesn't reach to the rooms.
I was very disappointed to hear that the beautiful gym was not open to guest without additional payment which in a hotel of this category and price is unacceptable.

Stayed: January 2017

Dear client.

We are very grateful to give us a good rating is this forum, I deeply regret the inconvenience caused by the extra charge of the gym, we are very grateful for your comments regarding your experience with our breakfast and overall good service.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

Overall ok. AC old and broke down. Ester was raining in my room. Towels were not placed in RR. Wifi not available in breakfast area. Fantastic Spa and beds are confertable. The bfast buffet is very good.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Management response:Responded 25 October 2016

Good afternoon dear customer,

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel in the city of Caracas-Venezuela.

This time we are pleased to contact you, in view of your observations during your stay in our hotel, I deeply regret the situation experienced during your stay at our hotel, we are now taking corrective measures to prevent this situation arises in the future, we are very sorry not to have had the opportunity to correct these incidents during your stay; again we appreciate your comments and hope you on your next stay in the city.

We remain at your full disposal and waiting for your next booking

Att,

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Had to pay for WI/FI in the room (which by the way VERY SLOW). Alsu use of the GYM was not included in the room-price. Outdated rooms. Bad experience with lobby-bar staff. Although had left
my CC-info @ reception when I checked-in, they told me I had EXCEEDED my limit by couple of BSF which quite embarrassing (in presence of guests I had invited for a drink) how they communicated that when I wanted to sign the bill.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple