“Save location service good”

JW Marriott Hotel Caracas
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The location of the hotel is quite good. Stuff very helpful. Compared to the current situation they did the best service as possible. Own taxis with driver. Friendly stuff. The rooms are polite. Only the walls between rooms not good. You can here your neighbors which is boring even in the night. Breakfast with a lot of various food. I will recommend Thias hotel also for future

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I spent 10 days at the JWM in Caracas, from 5/9 -5/19. The grounds where well kept generally speaking. The only issues I came across was with the room service cleaning as it was inconsistent. Some days they left water bottles, sometimes I had to call them in for them. Another day I had to call for additional towels for the floor and body soap. The safe was broken and they were able to repair it in less than 30 minutes.
In regards to the 17th floor restaurant, the view is very nice. The service provided by Oriana & Juan (main chefs) was excellent. Michel & Antonio were always very candid and willing.
The team at the reception had some issues during my checkin though that was solved after a long conversation. In general I can say the service was good but far from great.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlos T
Centeno_C, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Carlos T,

We will like to thank you for taking your time to send us your feedback. Your feedback is very important to us. I want to apology for all the inconveniences you have during your stay with us. I would check with all the teams involved in your comments in order for us to strive for the best. In the other hand, I would let our executive lounge team know your positive experience so they can continue focusing in the details and good service.

Please do not hesitate to give us another opportunity in your next visit to Caracas and feel free to contact me in your next visit.

Best regards

Carlos Centeno
Food & Beverage Director

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I going into my 3rd week here at JW, and as tough as it is right now in Caracas, Mornings at the restaurant are special, as you walk in, amazingly, there are smiles everywhere, to me it simply defines the incomprehensible. In my line of work pressure is a constant, literally "no room for failure" and with the current humanitarian / sociopolitical crisis added to the completely lack of safety in this country, it all easily amounts to anxiety.

This is why I feel so inclined to recognize the greatness of the work that the restaurant's staff is doing. Just when you choose where to seat and while still trying to prioritize your itinerary for the long day ahead, boom !! there it is, your favorite morning drink, right there on your table. Yes, they do remember your choices. So, a big shoutout to Maikel, Berlin and the omelet making crew. Always going that extra mile.

It is a habit of mine to always seek small talks with the locals everywhere I go, and boy!!, this technics has paid off big this time around, the staff here does not mind at all briefing you throughly on what to do, how, where and when, they seem as concerned as you about your safety. This is quite priceless considering the current situation.

Check in was cordial, simple and quick, I got to my room in no time.

House keeping is great, the room is always made and smelling fresh upon my return to the hotel in the evenings.

The bar, however, needs some improvements, it is mostly unattended, there is never an updated menu for alcoholic beverages, while the menu for everything else seems to be updated regularly. Bar attention is also important for some of us, mainly at times when it is not safe to wonder around the block.

In general, the staff here do a heck of a job seemingly oriented at keeping that JW Marriott prestige against all odds.

Quite admirable..!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Jouse D
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

I am staying @ JW Marriot here in Caracass and to tell you the truth the service is OUTSTANDING!

The rooms are neat and tidy
It as a good gym with fully functional equipment AND an instructor
It also has a Pool

The Restaurant is superb and the assistance given by Vanessa, Omaira,
Elvis and Heriberto amongst others makes you feel like home

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Located Downtown, this place has all for a perfect stay. Rooms are large, beautiful furniture. Shower is great. Breakfast is more than perfect, with all you Need to start a new day, The most positive point are all staff members, which throughout the Hotel are very friendly and helpful. This despite of the daily Problems in Caracas..

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple